Midwest Forum Serving CO, IA, IL, IN, KS, MI, MN, MO, MT, ND, NE, SD, UT, WI, WY.

purchasing a crossfire

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2013, 11:35 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default purchasing a crossfire

Hello. I am considering purchasing a 2004 Chrysler Crossfire. I would be trading in my current car, which is a 2008 Hyundai Tiburon GT. The particular Crossfire I am looking at is a one owner car and has 54,000 miles on it. The asking price from the dealership is $12,095. I am wondering if there is anything I need to know about Crossfires with this amount of miles or what maintenance will be needed right away. The asking price is below KBB value, but is a good deal? Thanks in advance for any input.

Jordan

Old 06-11-2013, 10:05 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: purchasing a crossfire

depends where you're located.. though I don't know if I trust KBB values on our cars, I think market value tends to be a little lower than what they say.

check cargurus.com

Old 06-11-2013, 10:57 AM

Originally Posted by rayth
depends where you're located.. though I don't know if I trust KBB values on our cars, I think market value tends to be a little lower than what they say.

check cargurus.com
I live in Kansas City, MO. I'm mostly concerned with immediate upkeep and maintenance at 54k.

Old 06-11-2013, 11:03 AM
Received 153 Likes on 141 Posts

Originally Posted by JBryant
I live in Kansas City, MO. I'm mostly concerned with immediate upkeep and maintenance at 54k.
At 54,000, about time for a fluid change :

Brake fluid
PS fluid
oil change
coolant flush
differential oil

also : air cleaners and cabin filter.

Only other concern is if it is still the OEM battery .....

Old 06-11-2013, 11:14 AM
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Hello. I am considering purchasing a 2004 Chrysler Crossfire. I would be trading in my current car, which is a 2008 Hyundai Tiburon GT. The particular Crossfire I am looking at is a one owner car and has 54,000 miles on it. The asking price from the dealership is $12,095. I am wondering if there is anything I need to know about Crossfires with this amount of miles or what maintenance will be needed right away. The asking price is below KBB value, but is a good deal? Thanks in advance for any input.

Jordan
Since I do spend quite a bit of time on Ebay looking at cars and parts, I'd say if the car is pretty cherry it's going to be "inline" with what they sell for. Main thing you need to know about Crossfires.. come here first with anything concerning the cars! Unless you like the idea of newly installed parts till it's fixed from your local $tealer.
Two things to know.. pick you up a spare BOSCH crank positioning sensor and tools to replace it (small dollars) and check out the joints on the RCM. If she's been taken care of and you do the same your good for many miles of smiles..

Old 06-12-2013, 12:07 AM

Originally Posted by Mrmiata
Since I do spend quite a bit of time on Ebay looking at cars and parts, I'd say if the car is pretty cherry it's going to be "inline" with what they sell for. Main thing you need to know about Crossfires.. come here first with anything concerning the cars! Unless you like the idea of newly installed parts till it's fixed from your local $tealer.
Two things to know.. pick you up a spare BOSCH crank positioning sensor and tools to replace it (small dollars) and check out the joints on the RCM. If she's been taken care of and you do the same your good for many miles of smiles..
Ok. Thanks everyone. The crossfire is about two hours away from where I live, so I'm trying to do all of my research before going to look and test drive it

Old 06-12-2013, 07:04 AM
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Ok. Thanks everyone. The crossfire is about two hours away from where I live, so I'm trying to do all of my research before going to look and test drive it
Hmm.. since buying it from dealer.. wonder if they would hook it up and ensure no codes have been reset recently.. Having had my car this long, "that" would be a little more peace of mind on a purchase of one for me, or a 30 day warranty if they are "sure" this car is sound. Never hurts to ask before signing the paper work.

Old 06-12-2013, 08:50 PM

2004 with 136K and runs like new.

Last edited by hairmaxx; 06-12-2013 at 09:14 PM.
Old 12-14-2013, 11:02 PM

that's kinda high I didn't pay near that much 4 mine ,04 for 10,300,,53k miles ,,very clean,ne okla

Old 12-14-2013, 11:10 PM
Received 36 Likes on 35 Posts

Sit in it and make sure you can get the seat in a comfortable position first, the adjustment is rather limited (made for the height impaired ?). I had to pass on a very nice roadster and buy a coupe because I could not get the seat back far enough when reclined.

Did wind up removing the plastic trim on top of the crossbeam & spending some quality time with a hammer and small sledge. Seat now goes back far enough.