Midwest Forum Serving CO, IA, IL, IN, KS, MI, MN, MO, MT, ND, NE, SD, UT, WI, WY.

Welcome All Midwest Crossfire Owners.

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2004, 09:14 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Welcome All Midwest Crossfire Owners.

Thanks to Mightyjlr for adding this new feature to our forum. I just wanted to try this new section out. I am very anxious to meet other owners in my area that would be interested in planning some meets or just talking about regional issues that we can all relate to. I live in the Indianapolis area and have yet to find many crossfire owners here. I ran across an older lady today that owns a coupe and asked her if she was familiar with our forum.
She said no and did not express much interest in knowing more about it. I hope there are other owners in the midwest who are excited about this car and having the opportunity to share experiences with other owners. I look forward to interacting with others in our region and hope to meet a few owners before the weather here turns and I have to park my Roadster for the winter.

Old 10-25-2004, 10:52 PM
Default Re: Welcome All Midwest Crossfire Owners.

I would be interesting to see another Crossfire. My wife and I went to the Covered Bridge Festival a couple of weeks ago and never saw another Crossfire until we were nearly home and a black coupe turned into the addition next door to ours! I may have to do some stalking to find it and ask the owner if they have taken a look at this site.

I am surprized that you haven't joined XFi. I am the only Indiana member so far.

Old 10-26-2004, 01:10 AM
Wink Re: Welcome All Midwest Crossfire Owners.

Hey Catman. It's good to hear from another Indiana Crossfire owner. I too live in Greenwood, actually in Wakefield addition which is around Smith Valley and 37. I have seen several coupes in the area, I wonder if yours is one of them? As far as CrossfireXFi goes, I do plan on joining, however, 2 kids, 2 dogs, 2 cats, a hamster, a fish tank, 2 jobs and last but not least my wife have keep me so busy that I barely have time to even visit this site, let alone take the time to join XFi. I guess I am more excited about meeting other owners live and in person than I am in filling out the registration and sending Redcross my $10. No offense Redcross I am all for the organization of our owners, it will just take me a little time to get around to making my membership official. I would love to compare experiences some time, maybe we could arrange an informal meeting sometime. I have always wanted to be a part of a Crossfire meet. 2 cars would be close enough for me!

Old 10-26-2004, 12:28 PM

We live closer then I had thought, maybe only 2 1/2 to 3 miles apart. I live in Brockton Manor at Berry Rd. & Olive Branch Rd.

Old 10-26-2004, 01:23 PM

Speaking of distance...why are Colorado, Utah, Wyoming in midwest breakout? Have you ever driven across Nebraska? You guys might want to look at a map again and maybe redistrict a bit.
A more logical Western (Southwestern) group might be Colorado, Utah, Arizona, New Mexico, Texas, Nevada, California, Wyoming. Just a quick example...Denver to LA is a relaxed 16 hour drive. Denver to San Diego is a relaxed 17 hour drive. Denver to Las Vegas is an 11.5 hour run. Denver to Santa Fe is about 8 hours. Denver to Phoenix is a bit of a run, but it isn't too bad, either. Denver to Cheyenne is a stroll in the park. I know that Greenwood is close to Indianapolis as I have been to both....but the odds of driving that far are pretty remote. I think you need to redistrict the regions a bit. It might spark some interest.
Chris

Last edited by cwdilg; 10-26-2004 at 01:31 PM.
Old 10-26-2004, 02:01 PM

I agree with you cwdilg. However, I did not want to sound ungrateful and jump on mighty about these disparites right after he was nice enough to set up these regional forums following a personal request I made for them, but since you have broken the ice so to speak, I would like to see a few minor adustments to the way the states were separted. Otherwise, I am thrilled with this new feature. I might suggest that Ohio and possilbly Kentucky be added to the Midwest and I would agree that Utah, Colorado and Wyoming would be better off in the West. Oh, and I know exactly where you live Catman. We should make a point of getting together over a cold one and talking about our favorite subject (no not hot babes, but close) the Crossfire. PM me if you wuld like my contact info.

Old 10-26-2004, 07:52 PM
Honorary -C-I-C-C-I Member
Thumbs up Re: Welcome All Midwest Crossfire Owners.

How far is Carlisle, PA from you guys?????
Every year they have the Largest East Coast Mopar gathering there is!!!!!!!!
I know it's a long time away but maybe we should plan a GTG under their umbrella!!!!
Let me know what you think and we can start the ball rolling.
This year I went with a VIPER Club (one of our XF group has a VIPER ALSO!!) and once I got there I went to the XF section. There were a few there and others scattered around the show to include two SRT6s.

Old 10-28-2004, 04:55 PM

My wife and I went to Gettysburg in September and it was about a 10 hour drive from Indianapolis, including stopping for something to eat along the way. But, I guess that would be a reason for trying out the Crossfire luggage.

Old 12-03-2004, 08:00 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My husband and I are going to the P.R.I.(PerformanceRacingIndustry) Show in Indy next weekend. Don't think we'll take the Crossfire, though, because of the time of year. We've had to drive home in a blizzard before at this time of year, and I SURE wouldn't want to be in a sports car in that! (Even though it's only about 6 hours, not the 10 you and your wife travelled!)

Old 12-04-2004, 12:23 PM

Tell me more about the P.R.I. show in Indy next weekend. Where is it going to be put on? And what times. This maybe something that would want to see, since I live just south of the city, it wouldn't be that far for me at all. Is it closed to the public?

Old 12-04-2004, 01:25 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Catman, the show is Dec 9-11 and it's not open to the general public. It's "The World's Largest Hardcore Racing Trade Show"(in their words) and it's mostely for business'. You have to pre-register and they give you badges to wear and without them, you won't get in. If you know someone in the racing circles, maybe they are going some of the days and not all, you could use their badge when they aren't. Sometimes even the auto parts stores go to see it. It's in the Indy Convention center and RCA Dome,and it covers all aspects of racing. We go because of drag racing, but they have nascar, sprint and just about anything you can think of. We are probably going all the days, or I'd offer to meet you to give you mine when we were done.

Old 01-17-2005, 06:50 PM

Hi, Were just north of Kansas City, Cindi usually drives our Crossfire Coupe, imagine her surprise when she turns up at work and there's another one in the car park.. this one is a yellow roadster... nice colour !!!

Old 05-08-2005, 04:13 PM

I live downtown in Indianapolis.

Old 05-10-2005, 12:19 AM

I was just in Indy this weekend in my Crossfire for the Mini Marathon. Stayed at the Westin.

Old 05-10-2005, 10:33 AM

Did you run in the Mini? The Westin's a nice place. Drove by a couple of times this weekend. Should have waved. We get to the Windy two or three times a year...relatives there.

Old 05-23-2005, 01:48 AM

Wow! Three owners in Indy alone on the boards, not including myself. I know there is a lot more than three other Xfires running around Indy but this is pretty impressive. I am a student at Ball State, I go back to Indy to visit my parents at least once a month. I wouldn't be opposed to meeting a few other owners...

Old 05-23-2005, 02:00 AM

Originally Posted by MI Roadster
My husband and I are going to the P.R.I.(PerformanceRacingIndustry) Show in Indy next weekend. Don't think we'll take the Crossfire, though, because of the time of year. We've had to drive home in a blizzard before at this time of year, and I SURE wouldn't want to be in a sports car in that! (Even though it's only about 6 hours, not the 10 you and your wife travelled!)
I was out at PRI this year as well. I had the honor of enjoying it with my dad. He was part owner of a local tuner shop and somehow received passes. Since then he sold his share of the shop, which means now I have to pay for my performance parts...

Old 11-27-2005, 09:18 PM

Not in Indy, but not far away...in Evansville. I've only seen a few xFires in Evv...2 owned by the dealers family. It's actually nice to have an auto that not many others drive. Anyway, in Indy alot - or at least through Indy - as my son is studying architecture at Ball State.

Old 11-28-2005, 09:37 AM

Originally Posted by dlfxfire
Not in Indy, but not far away...in Evansville. I've only seen a few xFires in Evv...2 owned by the dealers family. It's actually nice to have an auto that not many others drive. Anyway, in Indy alot - or at least through Indy - as my son is studying architecture at Ball State.
That is not an easy straight through drive to Muncie from Evansville. I have a niece that graduated from Ball State with her degree in architecture a couple of years ago. She is now living in Florida and working for an architectural firm and loves what she is doing.

Old 11-29-2005, 12:55 AM

Nope, not a "straight" drive at all! Oh well, great architecture program and something my son has wanted to do since the 8th grade! Like your niece knows...hard work...if you love it, you survive.