CrossfireForum - The Chrysler Crossfire and SRT6 Resource

CrossfireForum - The Chrysler Crossfire and SRT6 Resource (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/)
-   Midwest Forum (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/midwest-forum/)
-   -   Kansas City Area Club? (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/midwest-forum/71574-kansas-city-area-club.html)

tednite 05-28-2015 11:33 AM

Kansas City Area Club?

Ok. I've seen approximately 7 XCrossfires in the last two years in the Kansas City area. Is there an organization or club in the area? Anyone interested in starting one? We could ask the "Charters" how to go about it.

4drturbo 05-29-2015 12:32 AM

Re: Kansas City Area Club?

I would be down. KC area Crossfire checking in. Not sure how much you are into social media. But a KC Crossfire facebook page might be a good idea. I could do this.

DKAwildcat 05-29-2015 09:31 AM

That sounds like a good idea to me.

4drturbo 06-15-2015 01:21 PM

Posted in the other thread too. I need people to add, won't let me set up a page without having another person on. PM me your name if interested and I will add you and get the page going.

4drturbo 06-22-2015 02:59 PM

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1464490367195462/

Up and running. Ask for an invite.

Robert Andrew 07-02-2015 07:54 PM

I would be interested in a KC Crossfire club. I don't have yime for facebook or much social media though. Let me know what I can do to help. I have a black 2005 SRT6 coupe and a black 2006 SRT6 roadster. Crossfires are awesome cars.
Thanks,
Robert Andrew
816-215-3430
robwandrew@mac-const.com

cjfine 07-21-2015 12:07 AM

Seems like most of us Kansas City area forum users aren't too active on Facebook, is there another platform we could try to get some sort of a club organized. I would love to see all of your Crossfire's sometime this summer!

4drturbo 07-21-2015 01:53 AM

Facebook is super easy. You could just create a fake account if you are worried about your identity and join up. We already had a meet, and there was 3 of use that showed up at the end of June @ Cars and Coffee in Olathe, KS. Would be nice to get more Crossfire owners together on a weekend

cjfine 07-21-2015 01:57 AM

Sounds good, I'll put an account together real quick and join!

tednite 07-21-2015 10:50 AM

There is a club. I think sometime in August would be good. Funny thing is that in the last two years, I'd only seen two Crossfires here in the Northland and I've seen one each of the last two weekends, a grey SRT and a black coupe. One driven by a woman, (the coupe) and the SRT by a man outside the Outlaw Cigar store on 64th. I waived at the woman.... and the gentleman and I waived and honked.

Oh, I forgot. Three weeks ago, I parked next to a XFire convertible outside the Barrywood 24 theaters!
'
So, I'm thinking that I'm going to get some "business cards" made with my name, the K.C. area club Facebook info, CrossfireForum.org, and my email so that I can put them under the windshield wiper or in the door frame, just to identify that we are here. And come on, admit it, you like seeing other XFires on the road! They are rare and very, very cool. :cool:

Robert Andrew 07-21-2015 05:56 PM

Originally Posted by tednite (Post 842815)
There is a club. I think sometime in August would be good. Funny thing is that in the last two years, I'd only seen two Crossfires here in the Northland and I've seen one each of the last two weekends, a grey SRT and a black coupe. One driven by a woman, (the coupe) and the SRT by a man outside the Outlaw Cigar store on 64th. I waived at the woman.... and the gentleman and I waived and honked.

Oh, I forgot. Three weeks ago, I parked next to a XFire convertible outside the Barrywood 24 theaters!
'
So, I'm thinking that I'm going to get some "business cards" made with my name, the K.C. area club Facebook info, CrossfireForum.org, and my email so that I can put them under the windshield wiper or in the door frame, just to identify that we are here. And come on, admit it, you like seeing other XFires on the road! They are rare and very, very cool. :cool:

Brenda and I would certainly like to attend the next get together, as long as it is not August 8th. or 9th., because I'm taking my grandson to the Street Rod Nationals In Louisville. We like muscle cars and street rods also. If you would email me, or post an announcement on the Crossfire Forum, we will be there, and we would certainly help with the organization, if I'm in town.

I have a Facebook account, but I just have no interest or the time to jack around with Facebook. As I watch others, it becomes obvious that Facebook is an alien vortex that can consume your life and I have more to accomplish like building more cars, riding my bike, boating, spending time with my family, and tooling around in one of my cars; than playing with my phone or computer during my free time, which is very limited. I grew out of sports when I graduated from high school also, and I don't like TV either, so I guess that makes me a weird duck. I'm still a well informed, nice guy, so don't ostracize me, because I'm allergic to sports, smart phones, and computers.

Have fun!

Robert Andrew 07-21-2015 05:59 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by Robert Andrew (Post 842860)
Brenda and I would certainly like to attend the next get together, as long as it is not August 8th. or 9th., because I'm taking my grandson to the Street Rod Nationals In Louisville. We like muscle cars and street rods also. If you would email me, or post an announcement on the Crossfire Forum, we will be there, and we would certainly help with the organization, if I'm in town.

I have a Facebook account, but I just have no interest or the time to jack around with Facebook. As I watch others, it becomes obvious that Facebook is an alien vortex that can consume your life and I have more to accomplish like building more cars, riding my bike, boating, spending time with my family, and tooling around in one of my cars; than playing with my phone or computer during my free time, which is very limited. I grew out of sports when I graduated from high school also, and I don't like TV either, so I guess that makes me a weird duck. I'm still a well informed, nice guy, so don't ostracize me, because I'm allergic to sports, smart phones, and computers.

Have fun!

Here are my paternal twins. That is if I can figure out how to post a pictures.

4drturbo 08-02-2015 01:58 AM

Originally Posted by Robert Andrew (Post 842860)

Have fun!

Well said.
Your 2 Crossfires look gorgeous. Wow!

Robert Andrew 08-02-2015 07:53 PM

Originally Posted by 4drturbo (Post 843926)
Well said.

Thank you. In 2004, my wife and I were driving south on I-95, in Florida, in our 39 Ford street rod, heading to Key West, long darn drive, when we were passed by a black Crossfire coupe. Neither of us knew what it was, so we sped up and caught the guy. I saw the Chrysler and Crossfire emblems and remembered reading an article in a car magazine about Chrysler coming out with the Crossfire, but didn't realize how beautiful they were. I told my wife I would like to have one one day, and my dream came true three years ago. We bought a 2004 black coupe, and now we are lucky enough to have a pair of SRT6s, including an 06 roadster. It never hurts to dream. Sometimes they come true........ Have fun.

4drturbo 08-18-2015 12:23 PM

1st KC Crossfire Owners Meet
Where: Bass Pro Shops
12051 Bass Pro Dr.
Olathe, KS 66061
(North end parking lot, to the left of the picture)
When: 6:30pm Aug 23rd Sunday (THIS Sunday)
Be sure to clean up your rides. Since there is not many of us, lets all park next to each other so we can get some group photos of our sweet unique rides

Robert Andrew 08-18-2015 04:55 PM

Originally Posted by 4drturbo (Post 845422)
1st KC Crossfire Owners Meet
Where: Bass Pro Shops
12051 Bass Pro Dr.
Olathe, KS 66061
(North end parking lot, to the left of the picture)
When: 6:30pm Aug 23rd Sunday (THIS Sunday)
Be sure to clean up your rides. Since there is not many of us, lets all park next to each other so we can get some group photos of our sweet unique rides

Thanks for planning this event. Brenda and I are looking forward to meeting everybody. I'll be sure to blow the dust off the car on the way over to Bass Pro, at about 120 mph, so we can get good pics:p If it's raining, I assume we will try to arrange a rain date. I'll bring the 05 SRT coupe in the rain, but I don't think we will take the 06 SRT roadster out if the weather isn't good. Have fun!

Robert Andrew 08-18-2015 05:12 PM

Originally Posted by 4drturbo (Post 843926)
Well said.

That picture of your car is as cool as it gets. Great composure and awesome car.

4drturbo 08-27-2015 01:01 AM

Thank you! Great meeting you Robert and your lovely 06 SRT. I posted some pictures on the KC Crossfire Facebook page if you are interested.

4drturbo 09-20-2015 01:32 AM

Next KC Crossfire meet. (Posted on KC Facebook page)
KCI Cruise Specialty Car Event
Saturday, September 26
3 p.m. until dark

Enjoy a car event with the entire family near Kansas City International Airport! Last year we had more than 800 cars and motorcycles on display!

FREE ADMISSION!! FREE CAR ENTRY!!

Hundreds of classic cars, muscle cars, hot rods, rat rods, exotics, imports and bikes will be on hand. Bring any vehicle you think is worthy of displaying and don't worry about registration or judging. A Moon Bounce inflatable will be available for the kids. Hot dogs and branded refreshments $1 each. Bring lawn chairs and shade!

$1 per chance to score great prizes and the 50/50 drawing!

12200 NW Ambassador Dr, Kansas City, Missouri

Over 800 cars last year, probably more this year.

CYA there on Saturday.

DKAwildcat 11-13-2015 10:38 AM

I spotted a SSB coup with a large NY Yankee logo on the back window around 8:30 this morning west-bound at 103rd & State Line. Anyone on this forum? If so, please consider joining the KC Area Club.

tednite 11-13-2015 05:59 PM

There a 2006 grey SRT at the QuikTrip in Riverside on a couple of weeks ago. I have a black 2005 hybrid, 6-speed manual, with SRT wing. Think it was probably put together with two other cars.. suede seats. Just sayin'

4drturbo 11-14-2015 12:47 AM

???? Was more then likely an 05 SRT-6. There was only supposedly like 10, 06 SRT-6's that made it to the states. Yours was put together with 2 cars or the car you saw?

dedwards0323 11-14-2015 06:39 AM

Originally Posted by tednite (Post 842815)
I'd only seen two Crossfires here in the Northland and I've seen one each of the last two weekends, a grey SRT and a black coupe. :cool:

We don't live in KCMO anymore, but wife & I were both born & raised there. She attended NKCHS; I went to Oak Park. We even bought our XFire from the then Mitsubishi/Lincoln dealer located near Vivion Rd & North Oak intersection (not sure if that dealer is still there anymore). Found it on a trip when I was visiting my Dad one weekend. Bought it & drove it home to SC. Car had only 1500 miles on it; has only 18k now!

Later,

dedwards0323 11-14-2015 06:43 AM

Originally Posted by tednite (Post 852597)
There a 2006 grey SRT at the QuikTrip in Riverside on a couple of weeks ago.

The Red-X was the best place to buy fireworks around the 4th of July back in the day. I still remember going with my dad to the old Riverside race track (dirt track for midgets & super-modified sprint cars). Fond memories!

DKAwildcat 12-14-2015 06:09 PM

Spotted an inferno red coupe around noon today in Olathe at the 7-11 at 139th & Mur Len. Does it belong to anyone here?

DylanHunt 09-07-2018 06:52 PM

Hello,

I purchased a 2005 SRT-6 and live in the Northland area. Wondering who else here is driving crossfires either in the northland or the Kansas City metro area.

Dylan

DKAwildcat 09-07-2018 10:47 PM

I’m located in southern Overland Park and I still have my roadster.

DylanHunt 09-07-2018 10:52 PM

Live in the Gladstone area with what title vin says is a SSB but you see pictures you can see it's AB SRT-6 coupe.

dedwards0323 09-08-2018 08:10 AM

Originally Posted by DylanHunt (Post 911891)
Hello,

I purchased a 2005 SRT-6 and live in the Northland area. Wondering who else here is driving crossfires either in the northland or the Kansas City metro area.

Dylan

Wife & I are originally from the Northland area of KCMO. She went to high school at NKC & I attended Oak Park. We bought our 2007 Limited Coupe from Northland Lincoln Mercury/Mitsubishi back in October of 2008 while visiting my parents who lived just north of Vivion Road on NE 49th Terrace..

amx1397 09-08-2018 05:46 PM

dragonslayer is the new owner of "world fastest crossfire and he lives in KC,,,

DylanHunt 09-09-2018 11:51 PM

Thanks for the heads up amx1397. I will be looking for events for that either later this year or next year. The car show season is getting pretty much done in this part of the country due to weather.

Dylan

DragonSlayer129! 10-31-2018 09:08 PM

Originally Posted by DylanHunt (Post 911956)
Thanks for the heads up amx1397. I will be looking for events for that either later this year or next year. The car show season is getting pretty much done in this part of the country due to weather.

Dylan

Let me know if there are any Crossfire meetups this is my second crossfire and always glad to meet others that enjoy them. I live in Shawnee.

Greg

DylanHunt 11-22-2018 01:02 PM

I am relaying a funny incident that happened yesterday. I had to take the crossfire in to get it inspected and one of the workers there at the inspection place owned a camaro rs. It was relayed to me that I would kick his butt in a race.:p Needless to say I had a chuckle and a smile from that. Happy Thanksgiving!

DylanHunt

Xenial 03-03-2019 09:22 PM

I would love to join you all! I'm in the South KC area and definitely would like to get together with any local owners, discuss tips, and do a Crossfire convoy! haha :D

DragonSlayer129! 03-24-2019 07:01 PM

My neighbors in Shawnee, KS that have a Sapphire Blue Convertible and I am going to get them on the forum pretty sure they would be in for a meet up as well. Let me know when everyone wants to get together.

Good story from K-10 today near DeSoto, KS. newish Camaro 1LE gets on K-10 in front of me and he hammers it, so in turn do the same and I am gaining on him up the on ramp we both let off to merge onto the highway and after a mile or so I get beside him and see a bit of a look of bewilderment that this Crossfire was running right with him. I give him the thumbs up, he returns it and we both hit it. I pulled away and kept pulling away. Once Needswings finishes up the modified SC inlet, I get the bigger throttle body on it and the custom DCAI I am going to be making runs with the goal of going sub 10.50. I know the car is capable as Jim (previous owner) has been close and with more air plus more fuel and a dyno tune I hope to get there.

DKAwildcat 03-25-2019 03:01 PM

There was talk on Facebook’s KC Crossfire Owners site earlier this year about a get-together at the March 30 KC Cars & Coffee meet in Olathe (parking lot of Heartland Community Church, 12175 Strang Line Road). I hope to make it, assuming that is still the plan.

amx1397 03-25-2019 11:18 PM

Originally Posted by DragonSlayer129! (Post 920757)
My neighbors in Shawnee, KS that have a Sapphire Blue Convertible and I am going to get them on the forum pretty sure they would be in for a meet up as well. Let me know when everyone wants to get together.

Good story from K-10 today near DeSoto, KS. newish Camaro 1LE gets on K-10 in front of me and he hammers it, so in turn do the same and I am gaining on him up the on ramp we both let off to merge onto the highway and after a mile or so I get beside him and see a bit of a look of bewilderment that this Crossfire was running right with him. I give him the thumbs up, he returns it and we both hit it. I pulled away and kept pulling away. Once Needswings finishes up the modified SC inlet, I get the bigger throttle body on it and the custom DCAI I am going to be making runs with the goal of going sub 10.50. I know the car is capable as Jim (previous owner) has been close and with more air plus more fuel and a dyno tune I hope to get there.

congrads!!!!!!!!! Love to here that,,,, you are the worlds fastest crossfire..

DKAwildcat 03-26-2019 09:21 PM

I spotted a nice looking Aero Blue roadster today in the parking lot near the Starbucks at 135th & Blackbob in Olathe. Was that anyone on here? I was the guy driving the blue Jeep Wrangler JLU that moved out of the way so you could get through.

DragonSlayer129! 03-26-2019 09:34 PM

Originally Posted by amx1397 (Post 920813)
congrads!!!!!!!!! Love to here that,,,, you are the worlds fastest crossfire..

Remember that smile on my face in Florida when I got the car? It's there every time I drive it.... man I love this car. I kept the AMX logos on it in honor of the man that created it and I call it the Midlife Chrysler.

DragonSlayer129! 03-26-2019 09:51 PM

I wish I could make that but I have family in town this weekend from Michigan. I will join that group on FB.