CrossfireForum - The Chrysler Crossfire and SRT6 Resource

CrossfireForum - The Chrysler Crossfire and SRT6 Resource (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/)
-   New Member Introductions (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/new-member-introductions/)
-   -   New member seeking answers (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/new-member-introductions/69546-new-member-seeking-answers.html)

akmiekis 10-22-2014 09:55 PM

New member seeking answers

Hi everyone I just purchased a 2006 6 speed xfire and I am curious what is the best launch rpms to achieve the best takeoffs? And what can I do to my car (performance wise) to get a better 0-60 time?
P.s. it's a base model

+fireamx 10-23-2014 10:44 AM

Re: New member seeking answers

Originally Posted by akmiekis (Post 816356)
Hi everyone I just purchased a 2006 6 speed xfire and I am curious what is the best launch rpms to achieve the best takeoffs? And what can I do to my car (performance wise) to get a better 0-60 time?
P.s. it's a base model

Welcome to the forum.
According to the Automotive Magazines that tested them over 10 years ago, they said to take it up to about 2800rpm then let the clutch out. They didn't say side step it, just let the clutch out. That's how they got their best times. Which by the way was 14.7 sec. for a manual, 15.18 sec. for the automatic.
The Crossfire has what some would call a delicate rear end. It can be modified, and beefed up, but stock it won't stand for a great deal of abuse from dumping the clutch.
The differential will withstand more in the automatic cars because the torque converter absorbs much of the torque, even from the SRT's.
0 to 60 times depend on a lot of factors, temp. road surface, tire traction, moisture in the air etc.
But one of the best performance bargains for the NA cars is simply installing a single NeedsWings CAI.
On the Automatic cars it cuts the 1/4 mile times by nearly 1/2 sec. Or you can install 16" wheels off of a SLK. Using 225/50/16's tires can cut times by 3 or 4/10's as well.
I've never come across a 1/4 mile time listed for a 6 speed using just a CAI.
There are other things you can do as well, a tune, bigger intake, bigger injectors, pulleys. H.P. estimates vary widely. But those who claim the largest H.P. increase seem reluctant to take their cars to the track, so nobody knows for sure how much good throwing everything at it will do.
I do know, NOBODY has got into the 13's yet without NOS.
Where in Ohio are you located?

WindRestrictor 10-23-2014 02:41 PM

Welcome! :)

akmiekis 10-23-2014 06:49 PM

Originally Posted by +fireamx (Post 816390)
Welcome to the forum.
According to the Automotive Magazines that tested them over 10 years ago, they said to take it up to about 2800rpm then let the clutch out. They didn't say side step it, just let the clutch out. That's how they got their best times. Which by the way was 14.7 sec. for a manual, 15.18 sec. for the automatic.
The Crossfire has what some would call a delicate rear end. It can be modified, and beefed up, but stock it won't stand for a great deal of abuse from dumping the clutch.
The differential will withstand more in the automatic cars because the torque converter absorbs much of the torque, even from the SRT's.
0 to 60 times depend on a lot of factors, temp. road surface, tire traction, moisture in the air etc.
But one of the best performance bargains for the NA cars is simply installing a single NeedsWings CAI.
On the Automatic cars it cuts the 1/4 mile times by nearly 1/2 sec. Or you can install 16" wheels off of a SLK. Using 225/50/16's tires can cut times by 3 or 4/10's as well.
I've never come across a 1/4 mile time listed for a 6 speed using just a CAI.
There are other things you can do as well, a tune, bigger intake, bigger injectors, pulleys. H.P. estimates vary widely. But those who claim the largest H.P. increase seem reluctant to take their cars to the track, so nobody knows for sure how much good throwing everything at it will do.
I do know, NOBODY has got into the 13's yet without NOS.
Where in Ohio are you located?

So if it's a "delicate" rear end how could I beef it up? And I'm sorry for not knowing this but what is a CAI? And I'm just outside of Toledo Ohio!

+fireamx 10-23-2014 10:36 PM

Originally Posted by akmiekis (Post 816457)
So if it's a "delicate" rear end how could I beef it up? And I'm sorry for not knowing this but what is a CAI? And I'm just outside of Toledo Ohio!

All you need to know about the differential:

https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...rt-6-a-65.html

CAI is cold air intake.

The stock intake is pretty restrictive.:(

Unless you plan on doing a lot of Drag racing, you might be able to get by with the stock gear.
But if you plan on side stepping the clutch pedal during your launch, then by all means look into a Wavetrack.
Oh, and replacing your clutch on a regular basis. Along with the motor mounts.
The Crossfire has a 2 piece drive shaft too, and I doubt if it would take much punishment either.
I guess what I'm trying to say is, the 6 speed cars don't make a great drag car. They're quicker (in the right hands) but the automatic cars will take more abuse than the 6 speeds. There's a reason Mercedes Benz only uses automatics on their highest performance cars.
Don't get me wrong, I dearly love my 6 speed, and I enjoy hole shots as much as the next guy. But in 9.5 years of ownership, I've never "dumped" the clutch on my car. I've never felt the need to, to get the most out of my car.
I know I'm sounding like my Dad, but even in my avatar, my Crossfire is doing what it does best, taking on the Dragon. My other car is at the Dragstrip. (It's an automatic).;)

dedwards0323 10-24-2014 07:04 PM

Originally Posted by akmiekis (Post 816356)
Hi everyone I just purchased a 2006 6 speed xfire...

Welcome to the forum. And congrats on your recent purchase.

Later,