CrossfireForum - The Chrysler Crossfire and SRT6 Resource

CrossfireForum - The Chrysler Crossfire and SRT6 Resource (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/)
-   New Member Introductions (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/new-member-introductions/)
-   -   Retrofit fog/driving lamps to a 2006 Base? (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/new-member-introductions/73758-retrofit-fog-driving-lamps-2006-base.html)

Father Bryan 02-27-2016 12:40 AM

Retrofit fog/driving lamps to a 2006 Base?

4 Attachment(s)
Hi, everyone--After over a year of searching, I recently bought a 2006 Base Xfire and after some interesting negotiations with the dealer, got them to replace the catalytic converters and windshield. I'm in the process of putting it together for road trips and have questions about several things. Has anyone ever put fog or driving lamps into the knockouts on the base model? What type of aftermarket floor mats have folks gravitated to? Any thoughts on a locking fuel cap (since the fuel hatch doesn't have an interior release, it seems fuel theft and vandalism are possible). Finally, I'm planning to repair/upgrade the audio system to accommodate digital and I'm not tech-savvy enough to really know where to begin. Thanks for taking the time to read this and offer suggestions. I've always loved Xfires and now look forward to sharing that with other enthusiasts! Father Bryan

ala_xfire 02-27-2016 07:37 AM

Re: Retrofit fog/driving lamps to a 2006 Base?

1. No one has found any suitable aftermarket fog lights to my knowledge. Best to scour the junk yards for a decent pair : car-part.com
2. You can get Lloyds mats from the CICCI web site.
Chrysler Logo Floor Mats
3. The fuel door does lock when you lock the car. ( I think it does on a base, not 100% sure)
4. Kenwood marine head unit matches best and has good performance. You have no subs in a base model, but you could find them also at the above URL along with mounting hardware. You do not have the Infinity amp to drive them, but an inexpensive aftermarket amp would do the trick.
http://www.crutchfield.com/p_113M312...MR-M312BT.html

onehundred80 02-27-2016 08:52 AM

As stated above by ala_xfire, the fuel door should lock when you lock the car, with the fob or the key. It is not locked when you are driving, all the doors and the hatch lock automatically at a certain speed but not the fuel door.

ala_xfire 02-27-2016 09:22 AM

NOTE: This place 'says' they have both left & right fogs at $125 each .....
Cockrells Auto Parts

Give 'em a call

Father Bryan 02-27-2016 10:08 AM

Wow! Thanks for such a thorough response. I had thought a junk yard might be a good source for the lights (my old dad and I frequented them when I was little--back then we called them "junkies," before that word took on another connotation.) I lpoked into Weathertech mats but they don't make them for our cars except an expensive special order. The audio will be more involved than my present tech knowledge level--I think that between the various components you mentioned AND going digital, I'll likely need assistance/advice from a tech-savvy friend. Thanks again for taking time to help out a Crossfire neophyte!

Originally Posted by ala_xfire (Post 860459)
1. No one has found any suitable aftermarket fog lights to my knowledge. Best to scour the junk yards for a decent pair : car-part.com
2. You can get Lloyds mats from the CICCI web site.
Chrysler Logo Floor Mats
3. The fuel door does lock when you lock the car. ( I think it does on a base, not 100% sure)
4. Kenwood marine head unit matches best and has good performance. You have no subs in a base model, but you could find them also at the above URL along with mounting hardware. You do not have the Infinity amp to drive them, but an inexpensive aftermarket amp would do the trick.
Kenwood KMR-M312BT Marine digital media receiver (does not play CDs) at Crutchfield.com

Father Bryan 02-27-2016 10:21 AM

Thanks--that remains a possibility; I'd want to see them before ordering (most aftermarket lamps I've seen are round and the knockouts are sort of rectangular). The good news is the place you mentioned is in my home state!

Originally Posted by ala_xfire (Post 860469)
NOTE: This place 'says' they have both left & right fogs at $125 each .....
Cockrells Auto Parts

Give 'em a call

onehundred80 02-27-2016 10:28 AM

Originally Posted by Father Bryan (Post 860479)
Thanks--that remains a possibility; I'd want to see them before ordering (most aftermarket lamps I've seen are round and the knockouts are sort of rectangular). The good news is the place you mentioned is in my home state!

ala_xfire would not put you on track to buy the wrong fog lights. These will be the proper lights for a Crossfire.

xjken 02-29-2016 08:36 PM

Welcome aboard, what part of Kentucky do you call home.

Father Bryan 02-29-2016 09:48 PM

I'm in Louisville. FULL DISCLOSURE: Knowing how Kentuckians value their heritage, I don't claim native status; I'm a Yankee transplant (NY) by way of Florida. You in the Bluegrass?

Originally Posted by xjken (Post 860683)
Welcome aboard, what part of Kentucky do you call home.

Padgett 02-29-2016 09:54 PM

My PC makes a terrible limited slip but the traction control does a pretty good job.