New Member Introductions Welcome new members !! This is the place to post a new thread and introduce yourself and tell us a little about yourself and what model Crossfire you just bought or are looking to buy. Threads created for anything other than introductions are subject to be moved to the appropriate section in the forum for the topic being posted.

Retrofit fog/driving lamps to a 2006 Base?

Old 02-27-2016, 12:40 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Retrofit fog/driving lamps to a 2006 Base?

Hi, everyone--After over a year of searching, I recently bought a 2006 Base Xfire and after some interesting negotiations with the dealer, got them to replace the catalytic converters and windshield. I'm in the process of putting it together for road trips and have questions about several things. Has anyone ever put fog or driving lamps into the knockouts on the base model? What type of aftermarket floor mats have folks gravitated to? Any thoughts on a locking fuel cap (since the fuel hatch doesn't have an interior release, it seems fuel theft and vandalism are possible). Finally, I'm planning to repair/upgrade the audio system to accommodate digital and I'm not tech-savvy enough to really know where to begin. Thanks for taking the time to read this and offer suggestions. I've always loved Xfires and now look forward to sharing that with other enthusiasts! Father Bryan

Attached Images
File Type: jpg
My Crossfire 2.jpg (58.7 KB, 5 views)
My Crossfire 3.jpg (58.3 KB, 6 views)
My Crossfire 4.jpg (62.3 KB, 6 views)
My Crossfire Cropped.jpg (45.4 KB, 6 views)
Old 02-27-2016, 07:37 AM
Received 153 Likes on 141 Posts
Default Re: Retrofit fog/driving lamps to a 2006 Base?

1. No one has found any suitable aftermarket fog lights to my knowledge. Best to scour the junk yards for a decent pair : car-part.com
2. You can get Lloyds mats from the CICCI web site.
Chrysler Logo Floor Mats
3. The fuel door does lock when you lock the car. ( I think it does on a base, not 100% sure)
4. Kenwood marine head unit matches best and has good performance. You have no subs in a base model, but you could find them also at the above URL along with mounting hardware. You do not have the Infinity amp to drive them, but an inexpensive aftermarket amp would do the trick.
http://www.crutchfield.com/p_113M312...MR-M312BT.html

Last edited by ala_xfire; 02-27-2016 at 07:40 AM.
Old 02-27-2016, 08:52 AM
Received 543 Likes on 459 Posts

As stated above by ala_xfire, the fuel door should lock when you lock the car, with the fob or the key. It is not locked when you are driving, all the doors and the hatch lock automatically at a certain speed but not the fuel door.

Old 02-27-2016, 09:22 AM
Received 153 Likes on 141 Posts

NOTE: This place 'says' they have both left & right fogs at $125 each .....
Cockrells Auto Parts

Give 'em a call

Old 02-27-2016, 10:08 AM

Wow! Thanks for such a thorough response. I had thought a junk yard might be a good source for the lights (my old dad and I frequented them when I was little--back then we called them "junkies," before that word took on another connotation.) I lpoked into Weathertech mats but they don't make them for our cars except an expensive special order. The audio will be more involved than my present tech knowledge level--I think that between the various components you mentioned AND going digital, I'll likely need assistance/advice from a tech-savvy friend. Thanks again for taking time to help out a Crossfire neophyte!
Originally Posted by ala_xfire
1. No one has found any suitable aftermarket fog lights to my knowledge. Best to scour the junk yards for a decent pair : car-part.com
2. You can get Lloyds mats from the CICCI web site.
Chrysler Logo Floor Mats
3. The fuel door does lock when you lock the car. ( I think it does on a base, not 100% sure)
4. Kenwood marine head unit matches best and has good performance. You have no subs in a base model, but you could find them also at the above URL along with mounting hardware. You do not have the Infinity amp to drive them, but an inexpensive aftermarket amp would do the trick.
Kenwood KMR-M312BT Marine digital media receiver (does not play CDs) at Crutchfield.com

Old 02-27-2016, 10:21 AM

Thanks--that remains a possibility; I'd want to see them before ordering (most aftermarket lamps I've seen are round and the knockouts are sort of rectangular). The good news is the place you mentioned is in my home state!
Originally Posted by ala_xfire
NOTE: This place 'says' they have both left & right fogs at $125 each .....
Cockrells Auto Parts

Give 'em a call

Old 02-27-2016, 10:28 AM
Received 543 Likes on 459 Posts

Originally Posted by Father Bryan
Thanks--that remains a possibility; I'd want to see them before ordering (most aftermarket lamps I've seen are round and the knockouts are sort of rectangular). The good news is the place you mentioned is in my home state!
ala_xfire would not put you on track to buy the wrong fog lights. These will be the proper lights for a Crossfire.

Old 02-29-2016, 08:36 PM
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Welcome aboard, what part of Kentucky do you call home.

Old 02-29-2016, 09:48 PM

I'm in Louisville. FULL DISCLOSURE: Knowing how Kentuckians value their heritage, I don't claim native status; I'm a Yankee transplant (NY) by way of Florida. You in the Bluegrass?
Originally Posted by xjken
Welcome aboard, what part of Kentucky do you call home.

Old 02-29-2016, 09:54 PM
Received 35 Likes on 34 Posts

My PC makes a terrible limited slip but the traction control does a pretty good job.