New Member Introductions Welcome new members !! This is the place to post a new thread and introduce yourself and tell us a little about yourself and what model Crossfire you just bought or are looking to buy. Threads created for anything other than introductions are subject to be moved to the appropriate section in the forum for the topic being posted.

Lucky Crossfire

Old 04-25-2016, 11:14 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lucky Crossfire

Hey, all!

I truly feel privileged to be able to join the group as a fellow XF owner. Though I have only personally owned the car a little over a week, this XF has been in my life since the day the original owner pulled it off the lot at the dealer and drove it up the driveway for all of us to see. The original owner was my childhood best friend's grandpa who would watch us with his wife most summer days while our parents worked.. The XF was his retirement gift to himself. One that he believed surpassed all others - and I'd still agree ;-). There were 2 things that man loved - his XF and smoking no filter lucky strike cigarettes (username is a double meaning tribute) - For the next few years or so my best friend and I would sneak out into the garage at night and I'd tell him how someday I would have one even if my life depended on it... It was soon after that my friends grandpa was diagnosed with cancer... The next couple years were rough for him- and all of us. Sadly and understandbly the XF was put on the backburner and was kept in the garage all the time except for monthly starts. It was sometime around 2010 I was test driving and try to purchase my own XF. Unfortunately I went through some awful financial problems and was unable to purchase an XF... It was somewhere around 2012 that my friends Grandpa passed away... The XF now spent the next 4 years being brought to different family members garages for safe keeping. People had offered my friends Grandma if they could purchase it but she always declined as she knew how much it meant to her husband... 2 weeks ago I received a call from my childhood friend telling me they need to do something about the XF and his Grandma won't sell it to anyone but me. I just about had a heart attack. She explained to my friend that I was the only one who ever appreciated it as much as the grandpa did and I'm the ONLY one who will ever appreciate the fact that it was HIS car. Well as you can imagine I was thrilled, but not overwhelmed enough to forget that I was broke.. I couldn't believe it. I COULD NOT let anyone else buy this car. Magically my boss and brother asked my when was I finally going to get another car. I told them ,"actually, the craziest opportunity came up, and my dream car is for sale." The next day, without me ever even asking, they show up with the cash I needed to buy the car... I could not believe it. I called my friend, made a deal with his Grandma and after 2 days of dealing with the state on title transfer of deceased person, the car was mine... I truly feel this car is a gift. I have my friends Grandpa's driving glasses in the glovebox and think about him every time I step on the pedal. Thanks for reading the story of my Lucky XF

Attached Images
File Type: jpg
IMG_20160416_152527.jpg (4.41 MB, 22 views)

Last edited by LuckyXF05; 04-25-2016 at 12:07 PM.
Old 04-25-2016, 11:48 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: Lucky Crossfire

Wow... Congratulations, if you ever have a problem, with your new keepsake, here's where you come FRIST! Welcome to the forum.

Old 04-25-2016, 07:21 PM

Wow, Great story. I'm so glad the x fire went to you. You deserve her and I'm sure you will take care of her.
How many miles?

Congrats

Old 05-01-2016, 09:21 PM
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You have some great friends and a special Crossfire to boot, welcome

Old 05-01-2016, 09:26 PM

The car has 49,000 miles. Working on the CPS as I type this. It's a wonderful community and the car is everything I knew it would be.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg
IMG_20160501_171753.jpg (2.58 MB, 8 views)
Old 05-02-2016, 04:49 PM
Former Vendor
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Welcome to the forum.