New Member Introductions Welcome new members !! This is the place to post a new thread and introduce yourself and tell us a little about yourself and what model Crossfire you just bought or are looking to buy. Threads created for anything other than introductions are subject to be moved to the appropriate section in the forum for the topic being posted.

New member with good hood strut story

Old 05-18-2017, 03:04 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New member with good hood strut story

Hi all, just bought a 2005 roadster Monday and have found this forum very helpful. In addition to a non working top mechanism I decided to tackle the easy jobs first. The hood strut had failed and I found Lift Support Depot online and they sent me a new Stabilus SG103002 with free shipping for $67.00 out the door. Arrived in 3 days in a well constructed shipping tube. I'm back in business! Thought I would share great service.

Great service and a fair price for OE part.

Old 05-18-2017, 04:45 PM
Received 543 Likes on 459 Posts
Default Re: New member with good hood strut story

Originally Posted by Delcobob
Hi all, just bought a 2005 roadster Monday and have found this forum very helpful. In addition to a non working top mechanism I decided to tackle the easy jobs first. The hood strut had failed and I found Lift Support Depot online and they sent me a new Stabilus SG103002 with free shipping for $67.00 out the door. Arrived in 3 days in a well constructed shipping tube. I'm back in business! Thought I would share great service.

Great service and a fair price for OE part.
That is a good price I think what with the delivery included.
So the part is a Stabilus SG 103002.
Mercedes part number is 170 880 02 29

Old 05-18-2017, 05:19 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes I thought so. But now I realize my very first post violates the rules! Should have posted this in appropriate area!

Old 05-18-2017, 05:39 PM
Received 543 Likes on 459 Posts

Originally Posted by Delcobob
Yes I thought so. But now I realize my very first post violates the rules! Should have posted this in appropriate area!

You added some info that is useful, so thanks and welcome to the forum. Some people put a picture of their car in their first post, kinda funny really as we all have seen a whatever color Crossfire before. You added something positive instead.