New Member Introductions Welcome new members !! This is the place to post a new thread and introduce yourself and tell us a little about yourself and what model Crossfire you just bought or are looking to buy. Threads created for anything other than introductions are subject to be moved to the appropriate section in the forum for the topic being posted.

Whistle sound that changes pitch when driving car cold

Old 11-10-2017, 02:15 PM
Wez
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Whistle sound that changes pitch when driving car cold

Hello everybody, I have owned my Crossfire for a little over and year and I noticed as the months grew colder and as they are again now that there is a strange whistle noise that is coming from something on the car when the car is driving cold. The sound seems like it is coming from the middle to rear of the car (hard to tell really) and the colder the weather the worse it is. The sound stops once warmed up (mostly) and it changes pitch as you speed up and slow down. I did also notice today as the noise is beginning to reappear that there seems to be a slight vibration in the auto box gear shifter when the sound kicks in but until it gets down to the 1c temps I won’t really know more. I had wondered it it could be the dif as a sound that changes pitch aparently could hint at that but I have no idea. I want it fixed. Can anybody shed some light on what it could be?
cheers
wesley

Old 11-10-2017, 02:21 PM
Received 153 Likes on 141 Posts
Default Re: Whistle sound that changes pitch when driving car cold

Could also be the middle bearing on the drive shaft.

Old 11-11-2017, 04:16 AM
Wez
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Whistle sound that changes pitch when driving car cold

Originally Posted by ala_xfire
Could also be the middle bearing on the drive shaft.
Hi thanks for that I will mention it to a mechanic when I get the car in next and see if there is any light shed.
thanks