New Member Introductions Welcome new members !! This is the place to post a new thread and introduce yourself and tell us a little about yourself and what model Crossfire you just bought or are looking to buy. Threads created for anything other than introductions are subject to be moved to the appropriate section in the forum for the topic being posted.

SRT6 Owner in San Diego, CA

Old 03-13-2018, 05:03 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SRT6 Owner in San Diego, CA

Hello,
I've always wanted to own a SRT6 and I was fortunate enough to have picked one up. The car was originally from CA but the owner moved to AZ , I flew out, looked at it, made a deal,and drove it home.
It has been so much fun driving it that I blew a motor mount, ordered the motor and transmission mounts from Needwings, and should be delivered this Wednesday. After reading up on the installation of the mounts on the forum, it appears to be a very simple procedure and hoping to take care of it this weekend.

In addition, I need a center cap for one wheel, I've tried the different companies suggested on the board including eBay and no luck, if one of you has an extra one and want to help me out, send me a message. I called the dealer, need to special order it and they want $125 for just one, ouch! Also, if any of you are n the San Diego area and can recommend an independent shop, truly appreciated.

Grateful that I found this board and thanks to all the contributors!

Old 03-15-2018, 11:01 AM
Received 94 Likes on 80 Posts
Default Re: SRT6 Owner in San Diego, CA

Originally Posted by sdsrt
Hello,
I've always wanted to own a SRT6 and I was fortunate enough to have picked one up. The car was originally from CA but the owner moved to AZ , I flew out, looked at it, made a deal,and drove it home.
It has been so much fun driving it that I blew a motor mount, ordered the motor and transmission mounts from Needwings, and should be delivered this Wednesday. After reading up on the installation of the mounts on the forum, it appears to be a very simple procedure and hoping to take care of it this weekend.

In addition, I need a center cap for one wheel, I've tried the different companies suggested on the board including eBay and no luck, if one of you has an extra one and want to help me out, send me a message. I called the dealer, need to special order it and they want $125 for just one, ouch! Also, if any of you are n the San Diego area and can recommend an independent shop, truly appreciated.

Grateful that I found this board and thanks to all the contributors!
sdsrt
The center caps are hard to find, and very expensive. You may want to begin a search at LKQ (nationwide salvage yard) or any other national salvage yard for the part.
I know that LKQ had several SRT models in their inventory, so the center wheel caps should be available.
Time to google.....
Dennis
DTMenace