New Member Introductions Welcome new members !! This is the place to post a new thread and introduce yourself and tell us a little about yourself and what model Crossfire you just bought or are looking to buy. Threads created for anything other than introductions are subject to be moved to the appropriate section in the forum for the topic being posted.

Old Guy in Tennessee

Old 03-21-2018, 07:52 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Old Guy in Tennessee

While we were wintering in Florida the wife announced she wanted a convertible. Ever mindful of how to keep the wife happy I said, "Yes dear and started looking around". We'd take a killing trading-in her 2016 Murano and there's no way I could get rid of the Tundra unless we also sold our camping trailer. So I convinced her it would be cheaper for us to just to get an older convertible just to tool around in at home. Looked at several MB SLK's and CLK's and what pops up on cars.com but a white (her favorite car color) 2006 Limited roadster not 10 miles from home. We sweated out it disappearing before we got back home on 01 MAR and went to look at it the next day. It looked great, a couple of small paint chips on the hood, left edge of the drivers seat a little worn, one small scrape on the corner of the the front "bumper" that was touched up with the wrong color white paint, and only 59,600 miles. She said "I want it, I want it!" so we bought it on the spot.

That was Friday, 02 MAR. Monday, 05 MAR the dash light up like a Christmas Tree so we drive it back to the dealer (Friendship Ford, Bristol, TN) to hit them up on their "90-day/4K warranty. That evening I started searching for the problem/solution and found crossfireforum.org. (I also found the solution to the problem but the dealer is on the hook to fix the car, let's see what they come up with.) The dealer couldn't solve the issue so, after keeping it for over a week, they sent it to a specialty shop (European Autosports, Kingsport, TN). Fourteen days after I gave it to the dealer (19 APR) I got it back with a new battery and cables (just what crossfireforum.org suggested).

Now that that adventure is over and I know I have a Crossfire, its time for introductions, As indicated by the tread title, I've been around the block a few times -- 23 years in the USAF, 18 years as a DoD/Army contractor in northern VA and another 3 years as a part-time consultant after I retired and beat feet back to FL. Now we call Blountville TN home when we're not off visiting somewhere else. Blountville is a wide spot on the "4-lane" about 4 miles from Bristol Motor Speedway. We're looking forward to checking out the Snake GTG in Johnson City, TN on 29 JUN - 02 JUL.

Last edited by CMSgtJB; 03-21-2018 at 07:58 PM. Reason: Spelling
Old 03-21-2018, 10:49 PM
Administrator / Senior Member
Received 456 Likes on 321 Posts
Default Re: Old Guy in Tennessee

Welcome....if ya like to travel around come and meet other Crossfire owners here as well

C L I C K >>11th Annual Spring 2018 - Tail of the Dragon - March 29 - April 2

Old 03-22-2018, 07:46 AM
Forum Regular
Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts

Congrtats from an old guy in NC. Be sure to check out the Facebook Page(s)
https://www.facebook.com/groups/2211655775/
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1524454141177666/

Old 03-22-2018, 08:49 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Welcome to the forum..I see you've already found out how valuable this place is. If your a DIY'er, you can download a service manual. With that an all the info here...plus suggestions from the crew..you can't go wrong. Greetings from Knoxville..Enjoy the (s) miles..

Old 03-22-2018, 09:14 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hello to the Old guy in Tennessee, from the old guy in Alabama.

Old 03-22-2018, 09:41 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hello from Tennessee!

Nice intro. I also found crossfire forum when the wife and I bought our Limited Coupe several years ago.

There has been many topics and tons of valuable information here that have helped with the upkeep of our own over the years. You too will find helpful members here as you've already mentioned.

Welcome to crossfire forum.

Old 03-22-2018, 08:37 PM
Received 23 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by CMSgtJB
While we were wintering in Florida the wife announced she wanted a convertible. Ever mindful of how to keep the wife happy I said, "Yes dear and started looking around". We'd take a killing trading-in her 2016 Murano and there's no way I could get rid of the Tundra unless we also sold our camping trailer. So I convinced her it would be cheaper for us to just to get an older convertible just to tool around in at home. Looked at several MB SLK's and CLK's and what pops up on cars.com but a white (her favorite car color) 2006 Limited roadster not 10 miles from home. We sweated out it disappearing before we got back home on 01 MAR and went to look at it the next day. It looked great, a couple of small paint chips on the hood, left edge of the drivers seat a little worn, one small scrape on the corner of the the front "bumper" that was touched up with the wrong color white paint, and only 59,600 miles. She said "I want it, I want it!" so we bought it on the spot.

That was Friday, 02 MAR. Monday, 05 MAR the dash light up like a Christmas Tree so we drive it back to the dealer (Friendship Ford, Bristol, TN) to hit them up on their "90-day/4K warranty. That evening I started searching for the problem/solution and found crossfireforum.org. (I also found the solution to the problem but the dealer is on the hook to fix the car, let's see what they come up with.) The dealer couldn't solve the issue so, after keeping it for over a week, they sent it to a specialty shop (European Autosports, Kingsport, TN). Fourteen days after I gave it to the dealer (19 APR) I got it back with a new battery and cables (just what crossfireforum.org suggested).

Now that that adventure is over and I know I have a Crossfire, its time for introductions, As indicated by the tread title, I've been around the block a few times -- 23 years in the USAF, 18 years as a DoD/Army contractor in northern VA and another 3 years as a part-time consultant after I retired and beat feet back to FL. Now we call Blountville TN home when we're not off visiting somewhere else. Blountville is a wide spot on the "4-lane" about 4 miles from Bristol Motor Speedway. We're looking forward to checking out the Snake GTG in Johnson City, TN on 29 JUN - 02 JUL.
Welcome and enjoy!

See my signature file link for new owners.

Old 03-22-2018, 09:38 PM
Received 202 Likes on 153 Posts

welcome ,,,don't forget the tail of the dragon ,, next week

https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...april-2-a.html

and the big one

https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...ber-4-7-a.html

Old 03-27-2018, 12:51 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Welcome, CMSgtJB, from another old guy in South Carolina.
Love your wife's taste in cars, but then I'm a little partial...