New Member Introductions Welcome new members !! This is the place to post a new thread and introduce yourself and tell us a little about yourself and what model Crossfire you just bought or are looking to buy. Threads created for anything other than introductions are subject to be moved to the appropriate section in the forum for the topic being posted.

Towability of Xfire.

Old 11-10-2018, 11:32 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Towability of Xfire.

Greetings to all. We own two 05 Xfires Limiteds, a roadster, and a coupe. We reside in Kansas City, MO. Children and grandkids live in NC. We drive our motorhome out to NC for the winter months to play with our grandbabies. Would like to enjoy our "ride" while out there. Can we tow our Xfire behind RV using a Blue Ox style tow bar? I'm getting mixed info regarding it's towability. I would appreciate any input (insight/suggestions/experience/advice) from "ya'all". I realize trailering it is my best bet, but a tow bar is easier to find a place to stow away than is a trailer.

Old 11-10-2018, 12:52 PM
Received 543 Likes on 459 Posts
Default Re: Towability of Xfire.

Originally Posted by woodysr
Greetings to all. We own two 05 Xfires Limiteds, a roadster, and a coupe. We reside in Kansas City, MO. Children and grandkids live in NC. We drive our motorhome out to NC for the winter months to play with our grandbabies. Would like to enjoy our "ride" while out there. Can we tow our Xfire behind RV using a Blue Ox style tow bar? I'm getting mixed info regarding it's towability. I would appreciate any input (insight/suggestions/experience/advice) from "ya'all". I realize trailering it is my best bet, but a tow bar is easier to find a place to stow away than is a trailer.
Read the Owners Manual, it is not recommended and is in fact dangerous to an auto tranny, They recommend disconnecting the drive shaft. Prevention of auto locking has to be done, I would say rent a car when you reach your destination or get it transported.

Old 11-11-2018, 09:39 AM
Forum Regular
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Towability of Xfire.

Originally Posted by onehundred80

Read the Owners Manual, it is not recommended and is in fact dangerous to an auto tranny, They recommend disconnecting the drive shaft. Prevention of auto locking has to be done, I would say rent a car when you reach your destination or get it transported.
Or tow it with the front wheels locked and
the rear wheels off the ground Dave.
Not the best but a way.
Bill T.