New Member Introductions Welcome new members !! This is the place to post a new thread and introduce yourself and tell us a little about yourself and what model Crossfire you just bought or are looking to buy. Threads created for anything other than introductions are subject to be moved to the appropriate section in the forum for the topic being posted.

Future owner

Old 01-29-2022, 11:00 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Future owner

Starting to look at a couple Crossfires next week. One is a limited edition, what extras did they have?

Old 01-31-2022, 11:10 PM
Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
Default Re: Future owner

The vast majority of Crossfires are limiteds. The base model would be missing the heated seats, fog lights, radio amplifier (I think), have black windshield trim and fender strakes instead of silver, and cloth seats instead of leather.

Old 02-01-2022, 09:01 AM
Received 61 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by Scott M
The vast majority of Crossfires are limiteds. The base model would be missing the heated seats, fog lights, radio amplifier (I think), have black windshield trim and fender strakes instead of silver, and cloth seats instead of leather.
Also no power seats, a black air box as opposed to silver, anthracite (black) only upholstery and door cards, black lighter and radio *****, no sub woofer speakers, no cupholder and TPMS which is a good thing.

Last edited by bluecoupe; 02-01-2022 at 09:09 AM.
Old 02-01-2022, 05:27 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for the info on the Limited, seems most of them are.
I looked at one today on a dealers lot, not quite as described but what great driving car. It was one with 57,000mi but looks like it spent all of its life outside and they used it more like a truck, lots of interior scratches. I passed on it, it was priced at 11K. I am hoping to find one from a private owner.

Old 02-01-2022, 08:26 PM
Received 134 Likes on 111 Posts

Here's a 3 listings by owner close to zip code 06450 https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-...&numRecords=25

Old 02-02-2022, 10:23 AM
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Hello enthusiast and welcome to the forum! Not sure if it helps, but here are pictures of my ‘04 original Window Sticker. I am not familiar with the base model, but looking like ScottM summarized it. Being 6’4” tall, a XF without the power adjustment may have been a show stopper - plus I much more prefer leather seats too as other members mentioned here. Hope u find a great car!

Old 02-02-2022, 06:59 PM
Received 79 Likes on 63 Posts

Maybe already mentioned, All 2004 are simply Crossfires. They are packaged the same as a Limited, just not called it yet. In the 2005 model year they added the Base model and referred to the original equipped Crossfire as a Limited. At that time the Roadster appeared as well, in both trim versions. Later, another version arrived, known as an SE Roadster.

Owning both, the base cloth seat is more comfortable, cooler in the summer as well.

James

Old 02-02-2022, 07:50 PM
Received 73 Likes on 56 Posts

Yeah, when Chrysler introduced the XF in 2004, 1st model year, it came fully loaded at a sticker price that may have been 40% less than a comparable Mercedes SLK (granted the XF was given the old SLK platform). That $34.7K MSRP sticker Albergero certainly didn't hold as the XF was a new car with an odd look that the new Chrysler/Daimler put out. Chrysler pushed incentives to dealers and I think my father actually drove his brand new 2004 off the lot for around $27K that was literally 1/2 the price of buying a new 2004 Mercedes SLK at that time... It was a no brainer for him.

Yeah, it has its faults and no one other than independent European Auto shops will deal with it but it is one RARE cool looking car with a great, virtually indestructible good for 250K mile heart that is all Mercedes. Sadly, my father passed about 2 years ago and my mother had trouble with the "Falling in and Rolling out" part of this car at her age so she gave it to me with a dead battery, lights on the dash lit up like a X-mas tree, and a wasp nest under the hood that stung my *** when opened it up to replace the battery and see if it would even start. I've put a lot of work (and some $) into this car and it is running like a clock now. Taken care of or brought back to life, these are cars are more head-turning now than when they were new. There's nothing else on the road that looks like it.

If you're gonna buy one of these cars you need to have a great set of tools and a mechanical ability to maintain and work on this car or a big bank account to pay an independent European shop to maintain and work on it for you. I don't think anyone here will dispute that statement.

Last edited by Deepsea21; 02-02-2022 at 07:57 PM.
The following users liked this post:
nemiro (02-03-2022)