Racing The place to talk about autocrossing, road and drag racing.

2009 Drag Racing at Quaker City Raceway

Old 02-21-2009, 02:58 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wink Re: 2009 Drag Racing at Quaker City Raceway

Originally Posted by tom2112
Yeah, as long as I can smoke a few Hemis and turn a few heads, I suppose that's worth the $100 right there.
Originally Posted by +fireamx
OK, if any of you got turned off by the $100 entry fee, just look at it this way.
If you start saving $.68 per day, until July 18th., you'll have almost enough.
Works for me.
That's the spirit!!!

I guess I should have explained it a little better. Here goes....

Participant Gate Fee(s):
$50 - Saturday, July 18 (Racing or Showing)
$50 - Sunday, July 19 (Racing)
$10 - Sunday, July 19 (Showing)

Old 02-21-2009, 07:13 AM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Re: 2009 Drag Racing at Quaker City Raceway

As Rob Schneider from "SNL" use to say, "WE CAN DO THIS"!
I think this would be a great 1 or 2 day GTG for many of us Crossfire owners who live in the Ohio, Penn, W.Virginia, Western N.Y. Kentucky, Mich. and Indiana area.
You wouldn't have to race if ya didn't want to, and just "show" and shine your car.
It might be a lot of fun, and the "Original" Quaker Steak and Lube restaurant isn't that far away either.

Old 02-22-2009, 09:24 PM
She can ride with me ;)
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

OK, if any of you got turned off by the $100 entry fee, just look at it this way.
If you start saving $.68 per day, until July 18th., you'll have almost enough.
Works for me.
Thanks Mike! Are you planning to race that day?

the "Original" Quaker Steak and Lube restaurant isn't that far away either.
Indeed! As they say: it is "in beautiful downtown Sharon!"

I'd be happy to offer tours (unless I'm still in the running for a racing trophy!)

Also, anyone that is attending, feel free to PM me for hotel tips or other questions about the area. I work about 5 miles from the track.

Last edited by tom2112; 02-23-2009 at 11:38 AM.
Old 02-23-2009, 11:44 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Thanks Mike! Are you planning to race that day?
Oh hell ya.
I may get whooped on by some Turbo Neons and PT's, but I want to kick some "stock" Prowler tail if I get a chance.
I heard some of them dissing Crossfires at Woodward last summer. Somethin about nothing but a rental car.

Old 02-24-2009, 07:00 AM
She can ride with me ;)

Oh hell ya.
I may get whooped on by some Turbo Neons and PT's, but I want to kick some "stock" Prowler tail if I get a chance.
I heard some of them dissing Crossfires at Woodward last summer. Somethin about nothing but a rental car.
Sweet! That'll be fun. Smoking Prowlers and Hemis. It's all good.

Old 02-25-2009, 05:38 PM
Talking

Time to move this back to the top.

Check out the event details HERE:
https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...ad.php?t=30551

Check out the attendee list HERE:
http://lxforums.com/board/showthread.php?t=152001

What are you doing on July 18-19th?

Old 02-25-2009, 05:40 PM

Oh hell ya.
Sweet! That'll be fun. Smoking Prowlers and Hemis. It's all good.
I'm gonna have to keep my eye on you 2!!!

Old 03-05-2009, 02:20 PM
Exclamation Sponsor Announcement: Monday, March 2, 2009

SPONSOR ANNOUNCEMENT - Monday, March 2, 2009

SRT TRACK EXPERIENCE - The same people responsible for providing SRT vehicle owners and performance enthusiasts across the country with a day's worth of full-throttle action by Richard Petty Driving Experience instructors will be sponsors again for this year's LX NATS. Stay tuned for more information on what surprises are in store for 2009.

MEGUIAR'S CAR CARE PRODUCTS - The trusted experts in surface and car care products since 1901 will be onboard again as a sponsor for the 2009 LX NATS. Meguiar's will be providing some of their premium products for this year's Car Crazy participants. Keep an eye on future announcements on how you can win some for yourself.

If there is a vendor/company/person out there that you want to see at the 2009 LX & BEYOND NATIONALS have them contact Turbobuckeye (Anthony) or CHERRY (Chuck) or PM us with their contact info and we will contact them. Without a doubt this will be an LX, LC, Dodge/Chrysler/Jeep/Plymouth, Modern Mopar, SRT, Late-Model HEMI, Forum-wide event that you will NOT want to miss. Keep spreading the word and organizing those caravans. As someone else already mentioned, half the fun is making the journey to get here.

Thank you to everyone behind the scenes helping to make this happen your efforts are very much appreciated.

More information to follow......

Anthony
LX NATS
Founder

Old 03-20-2009, 06:32 PM
Exclamation Better Late Than Never....TIME FOR THE 18TH UPDATE

Happy 1st Day of Spring!!!...time to BUMP this to the top.

In case you missed the announcements......

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE--March 19, 2009

FREDERICK CHRYSLER JEEP DODGE
7871 Market Street | Boardman, OH 44512 | (330) 726-2777
MR. BOB FREDERICK JR.

Boardman, OH - Frederick Chrysler Jeep Dodge teams up with Chuck Green/Anthony Carter to become the Official Marquee Sponsor of the 2009 LX & BEYOND NATIONALS. Mr. Bob Frederick Jr. is an avid Mopar enthusiast and owner of many Mopar vehicles of his own.

We are very fortunate to have a host sponsor that is both an advocate and fan of the LX and LC cars. We are looking forward to working with Mr. Bob Frederick Jr. and his group and providing everyone with a fun LX & Beyond Nationals this year.

SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENT--March 19, 2009

See the "G5 Posey Challenger" at the
2009 LX & Beyond Nationals,
July 18-19, 2009 in Salem, Ohio

SamPoseyChallenger.jpg
The "G5 Posey Challenger" is a tribute to a part of Dodge and Trans Am racing history with the blessing of the famous #77 T/A Challenger Racer, Mr. Sam Posey. Group Five Ltd. has exclusive rights and endorsement from Sam Posey to produce the "G5 Posey Challenger" and all related memorbilia. The vehicle has been featured at the 2008 SEMA convention, July 08 Issue of Mopar Action Magazine, and May 08 Issue of Mopar Collectors Guide. For every G5 Posey Challenger sold, $1000 will be contributed to the Parkinson's Foundation on behalf of Sam Posey who suffers from this ailment.

Special Features Include:
  • Functional Side Exit Exhaust
  • Roll Cage (rear seat deleted)
  • Vortech Supercharger Kit
  • Custom Tribute #77 (Pyscho-Sublime Green) Paint and Graphics Package
  • Custom Embroidered Posey Edition Interior and Numbered Dash Plate
  • and many more features....

Big thank you to John and a special thank you to Chris Wilkins of GROUP FIVE LIMITED!!!

T-SHIRT:
We are still looking for vehicles for the event t-shirt for the LX & BEYOND NATIONALS. As we have always done in the past, ONLY forum members/vendors that are planning to attend the event will be eligible to submit pictures to be featured on this year's shirt. Both vendors and forum members are eligible to submit images for entry. Your vehicle MUST be modified. If you are interested, please PM or e-mail turbobuckeye (Anthony) for details. We will stop accepting entries after April 18 in order to allow time for the artwork to be completed and have the t-shirts available for sale before the event.

CAR CLUBS/GROUPS:
Car clubs/groups who wish to park as a group must contact LX & BEYOND NATIONALS at centralohiolx@hotmail.com at least (2) two weeks prior to the event to inform us of the anticipated number of cars that will be participating so we can allocate sufficient space for your group.

WHERE ARE THOSE CARAVAN THREADS?
If you are working on a caravan or looking for a caravan, start a thread and let us know where its at so we can add it to the list. There a folks coming from Cincinnati and Columbus, OH looking for one there are folks in West Virginia looking for one. I'm sure there are many more out there.

Somebody start the thread and get the ball rolling.

Caravan 1: > Kansas to Salem, OHIO

Caravan 2: > Ontario, Canada to Salem, OHIO

Caravan 3: > LxReJx to Salem, OHIO

Caravan 4: > NEMC to Salem, OHIO

Caravan 5: > Connecticut to Salem, OHIO

Caravan 6: > Virginia to Salem, OHIO

Caravan 7: > Southeast to Salem, OHIO

Caravan 8: > Mid-Atlantic to Salem, OHIO

Caravan 9: > Texas to Salem, OHIO

Quick Reminder #1: This year's LX & BEYOND NATIONALS is in JULY, not June. We have spoken with a handful of folks and there was some confusion about which month the event is being held this year.

Quick Reminder #2: NO participant registration fees will be taken this year in advance. All entry fees will be paid at the gate at the LX & BEYOND NATIONALS.
  • Weekend Racing Entry Fee: $100 per car and driver - (Saturday and Sunday included)
  • Weekend Car Show Entry Fee: $60 per car and driver - (Saturday and Sunday included)
  • Spectators/Passengers: $10 each person/day (12 and over)

Thank you again to everyone for your support and everyone behind the scenes helping to make the 2009 LX NATS possible. Lots more info to come. Spring has officially sprung and so has the activity level for the event. If we don't respond to your PM's or e-mails right away its not because we don't want to talk to you. We will reply as quickly as possible!!!

Anthony Carter and Chuck Green
LX & BEYOND NATIONALS
Founders

Old 03-24-2009, 08:48 PM
Exclamation Still looking for vehicles for the event t-shirt!!!

T-SHIRT:
We are still looking for vehicles for the event t-shirt for the LX & BEYOND NATIONALS. As we have always done in the past, ONLY forum members/vendors that are planning to attend the event will be eligible to submit pictures to be featured on this year's shirt. Both vendors and forum members are eligible to submit images for entry. Your vehicle MUST be modified. If you are interested, please PM or e-mail turbobuckeye (Anthony) for details. We will stop accepting entries after April 18 in order to allow time for the artwork to be completed and have the t-shirts available for sale before the event.

Old 03-24-2009, 08:58 PM
She can ride with me ;)

You really want pics of Crossfires on a LX Nationals t-shirt??!??

Old 03-25-2009, 09:12 AM
Wink Re: 2009 Drag Racing at Quaker City Raceway

You really want pics of Crossfires on a LX Nationals t-shirt??!??
well, the event is called the LX & BEYOND NATIONALS, and yes, Crossfires would be one of the "beyond" vehicles.

Old 03-25-2009, 10:38 AM
She can ride with me ;)

OK, I'll send you a couple drag pics. I would assume show pics are out.

Old 03-27-2009, 08:26 PM
Exclamation Sponsor Announcement: Friday, March 27, 2009

SPONSOR ANNOUNCEMENT - Friday, March 27, 2009

We would like to welcome RDP MOTORSPORT as an official sponsor of the 2009 LX & BEYOND NATIONALS. RDP Motorsport - Home of the World's Fastest Cars owned by Steve Leerentveld (Dynosteve) recently opened a new performance shop in Northeast Ohio. You name it, Dodge, Chrysler, Jeep they handle it all. They also completed the nitrous installation on last year's Extreme Makeover vehicle owned by 4DEATER!

Those of you that were able to attend last year will remember Dynosteve was in attendance and racing one of the 1st production Dodge Challengers in the United States. Also he lined up against the 1970 Challenger which made it into an issue of Mopar Action Magazine.

DSCN0305.jpg
MoparActionDecember2008IssuePage66.jpg
Dynosteve has been very busy since we saw him at last year's event. He has pushed the envelope and the imagination of Challenger owners and enthusiasts around the globe by creating one of the first-known twin-turbo powered Dodge Challengers. We are excited to have RDP MOTORSPORT and Dynosteve on board this year and look forward to what surprises he will have up his sleeve for the 2009 LX NATS.

Thank you to everyone behind the scenes helping to make this happen your efforts are very much appreciated.

More information to follow......

Anthony
LX NATS
Founder

Old 04-14-2009, 06:49 PM
Arrow Where are all those Crossfire at?

3 months to go and the list is already up to 181 !!!

50-Magnum | 14-300's | 71-Charger | 15-Challenger | 1-300C EuroWagon

2-Cherokee SRT | 2-Crossfire SRT | 8-SRT4 | 6-Caliber SRT

27-US States | 1-Canada Province

Will we hit 200 before the 18th?!?!?!?

More announcements coming soon!

Anthony
LX NATS
Founder

Old 04-24-2009, 02:52 AM
Talking

Thanks everyone for all the support, bumping those threads, getting those caravans organized and making this THE BEST LX & BEYOND NATIONALS event yet!!! If you don't see me posting up a lot its because I'm working hard to get details locked down for YOUR event. I don't take the LX community support lightly and appreciate that you all are coming to my home state of OHIO to meet new friends and old friends and have some FUN. Without all of you and your support the event is nothing.

Vendors sitting on the fence or waiting to the last minute.....time is running out. We have got to lock down many details that simply can not wait until the last minute. You know I love all ya'll and you know everybody wants to see you (we want to see you) so let's get moving and start locking down plans to get here on JULY 18-19. Make no mistake folks, ONLY the #1 vendors for the LX and SRT community will be here in 2009. Less than 3 months ago.

This is the largest LX-platform event left of the season. Don't be caught sitting at home wishing you were here.

Already 194 people on the registration list that are gonna say, "I told you so."

See ya'll in JULY!!!

Anthony
LX NATS
Founder

p.s. Catch updates on your favorite forum as well as these websites:

Old 05-05-2009, 06:09 PM
Exclamation Sponsor Announcement: Tuesday, May 5, 2009

SPONSOR ANNOUNCEMENT – Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Justin and the folks from ADVANCED AUTOMOTIVE CONCEPTS supported this event 2 years ago during its start-up when it was just a 1-day event called the Central Ohio LX Spring Meet & Greet. Again, without hesitation they stepped up and supported us last year as it expanded to a full-weekend event. We are very happy to have them back again for the 3rd year in a row as an official sponsor for the 2009 LX & BEYOND NATIONALS.

ADVANCED AUTOMOTIVE CONCEPTS is well known to the "LX Community" for bringing the innovative "halo-lights" to the lx-platform Dodge/Chrysler vehicles. Their list of lighting solutions to accent your ride and make it stand apart from the crowd include headlights, tailights, fogs, interior lighting and many more. ADVANCED AUTOMOTIVE CONCEPTS has been named the "OFFICIAL LIGHTING PRODUCT" of the 2009 LX & BEYOND NATIONALS.

They will be providing some very cool prizes for carshow participants.

More info to follow……

Anthony
LX NATS
Founder

Old 05-19-2009, 03:11 AM
Talking I know...the 18th has passed...more info coming soon!!! Meanwhile...check this out!!!

2009LXBYFlyers.gif

Old 05-26-2009, 04:48 AM
Talking Holiday Inn and A&W Restaurant - Boardman, OH (Part 1)

Holiday Inn - South Youngstown (The Headquarters Hotel)
100_0394.jpg
Holiday Inn - South Youngstown (Handel's Ice Cream Across the Street)
100_0395.jpg
Holiday Inn - South Youngstown (Longhorn Steakhouse Next Door - Walking Distance)
100_0384.jpg
Holiday Inn - South Youngstown (Burger King Next Door - Walking Distance)
100_0382.jpg
Holiday Inn - South Youngstown (IHOP Next Door - Walking Distance)
100_0383.jpg
Holiday Inn - South Youngstown (Southeast Parking Lot)
100_0385.jpg
Holiday Inn - South Youngstown (East Parking Lot)
100_0386.jpg
Holiday Inn - South Youngstown (Northeast Parking Lot)
100_0387.jpg
Holiday Inn - South Youngstown (North Parking Lot)
100_0388.jpg
Holiday Inn - South Youngstown (Movie Theater to the East)
100_0396.jpg

Old 05-26-2009, 04:49 AM
Talking Holiday Inn, A&W Restaurant - Boardman, OH (Part 2)

Days Inn Hotel (Across the Street from The Holiday Inn)
100_0397.jpg
Classic Diner (or is it Dinner?) - Down the Street
100_0398.jpg
Fun for Kids and the Young at Heart - Down the Street (other way)
100_0391.jpg
100_0390.jpg
100_0389.jpg
A&W Restaurant (Official Kick-Off Party Location)
100_0392.jpg
A&W Restaurant (This Place is Packed Every Friday Night Over the Summer)
100_0393.jpg

Quick Reply: 2009 Drag Racing at Quaker City Raceway