CrossfireForum - The Chrysler Crossfire and SRT6 Resource

CrossfireForum - The Chrysler Crossfire and SRT6 Resource (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/)
-   Racing (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/racing/)
-   -   Carbotech Xp12/10 + Endless RF-650 review - Get them! (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/racing/75033-carbotech-xp12-10-endless-rf-650-review-get-them.html)

drpeppermx6 08-23-2016 04:57 PM

Carbotech Xp12/10 + Endless RF-650 review - Get them!

For anyone who is looking for a brake upgrade for the track, definitely get the Carbotechs. So impressed I can't even describe. My wallowy, pudding of a machine that Chrysler shaped to look like a sports car can actually brake with the best out there... repeatedly! I love this car for a lot or reasons (11 yr owner), but being a great sports car isn't one of them. With this upgrade, going into corners was a test of my bravery more than the ability of the car. Truthfully, I wouldn't bother with a big brake kit at all unless I gained 150+ horse or started running slicks.

Here's my setup:
Carbotech XP12 up front
XP10 in the rear
Stock size dimpled and slotted front rotors (IIRC PowerStop?)
Ate spiral slotted rear rotors
Endless RF-650 fluid
Stock everything else
Bridgestone RE760s for anyone who is curious. 225 up front, 275 rear

I simply could not fade this combo. Did 30 continuous laps on a heavy braking course. The pedal didn't get softer in the slightest when up to temp. Overall, they're actually not too noisy either. Never silent, and will squeal when a certain amount of pressure is applied, but nowhere near as bad as EBC Yellowstuff. Long story short, there is really no need for a BBK IMHO unless you have an SRT-6/engine swap, or are trying to fill your 22s for cosmetic reasons. Heading back to the track tomorrow, so I'll update if I have any more info

drpeppermx6 09-23-2016 06:19 PM

Re: Carbotech Xp12/10 + Endless RF-650 review - Get them!

Brakes were even better the second time around. Still really impressed. Heading to a bigger track approx 200kph to 80kph braking zone soon.

BUT! completely scratch everything I said about them being quiet on the street. They squeal, cry, squeak and moan all at random times in an off-key symphony of ear torture. it doesn't matter how you modulate them, they just cry out in a different tone. Much worse than the EBCs. Only keep these for the track. =)

Steve Jr 09-23-2016 08:56 PM

It's nice to hear some real application, feedback. Thanks, so not for the daily driver. :)

daveesrt6 09-25-2016 07:06 AM

i have ebc redstuff pads ,they squeaked and squeeled for a few weeks but then went quiet.
Great pads and not as dirty as stock.

drpeppermx6 10-10-2016 03:51 PM

So, about 250km of track time on a much faster track this time, and still the same result. Hours of fade free, hard pedal performance! I actually had a couple of people comment about how late I was going into corners.

@daveesrt. Can't comment on the EBC reds really, but the yellows were perpetually noisy and only held up for a few laps for me. I'd say they would be a good auto-X pad. They bite even when cold, but only for so long. The bonus is no dust to clean up after. To be fair, the Carbotech setup cost about triple lol, so I probably shouldn't have brought up EBC at all.