Racing The place to talk about autocrossing, road and drag racing.

Crossfire SRT-6 vs Lotus Exige S

Old 10-02-2016, 05:45 PM
Forum Regular
Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts
Default Crossfire SRT-6 vs Lotus Exige S

Hi All, So I've got this buddy with a Lotus Exige S and says he smokes Corvettes all day long and runs down at Sebring (That's in Florida 'yall) a few times a year, and says he will smoke the pants off the Crossfire SRT-6. He said his "club" is having some small road racing event in about three weeks at the Deland ( That's KDED for you aviation folks also in Florida ) airport , backside on a closed portion off of Marsh Rd and that he would welcome the opportunity to smoke a Crossfire. So, Hey Chuck!, you catchin this?...LOL Since I have never done a road type coarse in any sort of Extremely Spirited way, I thought that one of my fellow forum members might like the opportunity to let the Lotus people know just what the Crossfire can do....or Not...hmmm... Peace

Old 10-04-2016, 08:40 PM
Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts
Default Re: Crossfire SRT-6 vs Lotus Exige S

The Lotus is built for the track. Especially a track a seasoned driver likes. Tell him, 'how bout a drag race? LOL...

Old 10-04-2016, 09:08 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by oledoc2u
The Lotus is built for the track. Especially a track a seasoned driver likes. Tell him, 'how bout a drag race? LOL...
Exactly ^ If it's the newer 6 cyl. Supercharged Lotus, it would be real tough to beat. A modified SRT6 would stand a chance at the 1/4 with a seasoned driver I would guess.

Old 10-04-2016, 09:16 PM

Actually, a seasoned driver in an SRT on a track he is familiar with, would give a Lotus all it could handle. But this guy is baiting him into HIS race. That was my point.

Old 10-04-2016, 09:36 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I wouldn't argue your point. It's mostly all about the driver; for sure. Knowing the track is a huge advantage. OP didn't mention what Series that Lotus S was; that would also make a difference.

Old 10-04-2016, 09:40 PM

The other thing to mention to an *** hat like this is, I will whip your *** with my $15k dollar car.....and it is a 11 yr old car....to boot...lol

Old 12-16-2016, 12:32 AM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Fla_Xfire_SRT
Hi All, So I've got this buddy with a Lotus Exige S and says he smokes Corvettes all day long and runs down at Sebring (That's in Florida 'yall) a few times a year, and says he will smoke the pants off the Crossfire SRT-6. He said his "club" is having some small road racing event in about three weeks at the Deland ( That's KDED for you aviation folks also in Florida ) airport , backside on a closed portion off of Marsh Rd and that he would welcome the opportunity to smoke a Crossfire. So, Hey Chuck!, you catchin this?...LOL Since I have never done a road type coarse in any sort of Extremely Spirited way, I thought that one of my fellow forum members might like the opportunity to let the Lotus people know just what the Crossfire can do....or Not...hmmm... Peace
I wore the paint off the back bumper of a Lotus Exige S at the Lake Garnett Grand Prix, last September. It was race prepped and my SRT6 coupe is bone stock on street tires. I couldn't corner with him, because he was running race tires, but I could catch him in the straighter sections of the track. I'll see him again in my new SRT6, which will be fully race prepped by spring. He can chase me next time.

Old 12-16-2016, 09:33 AM
Received 153 Likes on 141 Posts

Originally Posted by Fla_Xfire_SRT
Buy Les a round trip ticket from Puerto Rico. He'll give that uppity Lotus a what-for.

Old 12-18-2016, 12:28 PM

There you go.....lol