Southeast Forum Serving AL, FL, GA, KY, NC, SC, TN.

North Carolina Crossfire owners where are you?

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2007, 06:31 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up North Carolina Crossfire owners where are you?

Hey Tarheels, Y'all invited to the:

1st ANNUAL Spring
CROSSFIRE 'Tail of the Dragon' MEET!
Fri/Sat/Sun - April 4, 5 & 6, 2008

Last edited by SilverFox; 11-28-2007 at 07:40 PM.
Old 08-22-2007, 12:29 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: North Carolina Crossfire owners where are you?

Hey SilverFox...I guess you beat me to the punch! I am a Newbie here and just bought our '05 Roadster two weeks ago. We are in Raleigh...well actually Cary/Morrisville in the research triangle park area. I am looking for the local X-Fire action since we are now owners. I've seen local organized cruises for Mazda Miatas, Alfa Romeo's and the new Honda's...Where's the Crossfire action?
I have tentatively dubbed this car the ChryCedes...best driving I've ever had and I'd like the world to know it!

Old 08-23-2007, 11:42 PM
Forum Regular

Fayetteville here.

Old 08-24-2007, 12:31 AM
Thumbs up Re: North Carolina Crossfire owners where are you?

Hee Hee! I haven't been quite that bad. I think I've put about 600 on it so far. But you are right...I've been inventing reasons to go driving. I've even started getting some bad ideas about autocross...an earlier dream unrealized. We also got a new Dodge Nitro RT so I've been putting a couple miles on it as well.
Are there any events specifically for Crossfires and owners in NC?
I've been looking for some local show and shines and think we'll attend with both vehicles Saturday afternoon. A local restaurant hosts every last saturday...we'll see how that goes. Also I went to my doctors office and Rex Healthcare will be holding a show on Sept 8 but unfortunately I'll be at a reunion that weekend...darn cuz the doctors are judging and I already put my bribe in...LOL!
I don't have a map in front of me and we are recent transplants to NC from TX...how far is Fayetteville?

Terry

Old 08-24-2007, 09:10 AM

Wilmington - '05 Aero Blue Roadster...GO HEELS!!

Old 08-24-2007, 01:12 PM

Howdy Wilmington! Looking forward to a meet and run somewhere soon. Any good dates available & suggestions? We're just moving to Raleigh so we haven't seen much of the state yet. We've been over to the outer banks and I made a short trip over to Elkin to visit one of my suppliers. Those trips were done in our former Jeeps though.

Terry

Old 08-24-2007, 06:58 PM
Thumbs up Cool Car Cruise In Tomorrow any body game?

Hey just picked a flier and I know it's a little late for anyone to make plans;
"Cool Car Cruise In" at the Andy's Restaurant located at Morrisville Market Shopping Center tomorrow afternoon Sat Aug 25...4 PM to 9 PM. they are located on the corner of Davis Drive and Morrisville Carpenter Rd.
Free tea and soda for all drivers who come in and 10% off your food order. They are also raffling off a '57 Chevy at $10 per ticket. They will be doing this cruise in again the last saturday of september (29th) as well if anyone can make plans.We'll be attending in both the Crossfire Roadster and our new Dodge Nitro R/T 4x4...hoping someone will be there to meet us!
By for now...gotta go do some rinsing and detailing, LOL!

Old 08-24-2007, 10:52 PM
Forum Regular
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

My in law's are in Carolina Trace (Sandford), and its only a 3 day drive from Alberta. PS - I will bring the oil.

Old 08-24-2007, 11:43 PM
Talking Re: North Carolina Crossfire owners where are you?

You bring the oil and I'll put you up in Raleigh!

Terry !

Old 08-25-2007, 12:07 AM

HI! I just read your message however it isn't showing up in the thread...great proposal and let me be the first to volunteer to get the organizing started. Remember I'm from Texas and the one thing I learned and admired there is that Texans never wait for a committee to act, they take it upon themselves with their wildcat attitudes. So if there is no national action then maybe we can gather as many participants as we can and just do it! See if that starts the ball rolling?
I would have to bow out around the 4th of July though. I have an annual commitment with the USFA the first ten days of every July, our Summer Nationals. This year we were in Miami, next year we're in San Jose. And actually no days in July are good for me....after Summer Nationals I really need to get involved in tweaking my armory skills at Coaches and Armorers College held after the Nac every year at the Olympic Training Center in Colorado Springs. I've been lax the last couple years not attending and I really need to get on that train again.
The Fall Colors Tour would be wonderful though!

Terry

Old 08-25-2007, 02:01 AM
Forum Regular

Fay is 1 hr south of RDU. I can try to get to events and stuff... I would love to but i have to admit im low on $$$ at the moment ... but once my money is straight I'll be up for anything. i would appreciate keeping me informed though ... tks.

Old 08-25-2007, 11:41 AM
Thumbs up Re: North Carolina Crossfire owners where are you?

I understand Eric and that's cool. I'm not going real far right now myself...after the purchase of two vehicles and misc...new furniture I find myself floating in the boat next to you . LOL! I will continue to think of ways to get a Crossfire trip off the ground...even if it's only to the outer banks for a weekend.

Terry

Old 08-25-2007, 12:00 PM

Originally Posted by AllX'dUp
HI! I just read your message however it isn't showing up in the thread...great proposal and let me be the first to volunteer to get the organizing started. Remember I'm from Texas and the one thing I learned and admired there is that Texans never wait for a committee to act, they take it upon themselves with their wildcat attitudes. So if there is no national action then maybe we can gather as many participants as we can and just do it! See if that starts the ball rolling?
I would have to bow out around the 4th of July though. I have an annual commitment with the USFA the first ten days of every July, our Summer Nationals. This year we were in Miami, next year we're in San Jose. And actually no days in July are good for me....after Summer Nationals I really need to get involved in tweaking my armory skills at Coaches and Armorers College held after the Nac every year at the Olympic Training Center in Colorado Springs. I've been lax the last couple years not attending and I really need to get on that train again.
The Fall Colors Tour would be wonderful though!

Terry
GM Terry,
Would love to have you help me Organize an Annual Crossfire Event at the Dragon, in the Fall, seems to be better for a lot of folks.
I'm going to Breakfast & then out in The Car!
Will talk much more later, or we can get on the Cells.

My Best!
Bill
Murphy, NC.

Old 09-03-2007, 09:36 AM

Just bought my 2005 Roadster three days ago.

I am in Hillsborough NC, just outside of Chapel Hill.

Old 09-03-2007, 11:02 AM

Oh wonderful! I am showing ours at the big show at Occoneechee in a few weeks...maybe we can get together. We've had ours about three weeks now, maybe four, time flies by so fast driving this machine, LOL! There is also a "Cool Car Drive In" at the local Andy's Restaurant the third saturday of Sept...last one for this year. We'd like to see you at one of these...maybe get together for a little driving. Also showing it at the big show in Charlotte (Lowes Speedway) on the 16th.
Let me know and enjoy that new ride!

Terry

Old 09-03-2007, 12:49 PM

Originally Posted by AllX'dUp
Oh wonderful! I am showing ours at the big show at Occoneechee in a few weeks...maybe we can get together. We've had ours about three weeks now, maybe four, time flies by so fast driving this machine, LOL! There is also a "Cool Car Drive In" at the local Andy's Restaurant the third saturday of Sept...last one for this year. We'd like to see you at one of these...maybe get together for a little driving. Also showing it at the big show in Charlotte (Lowes Speedway) on the 16th.
Let me know and enjoy that new ride!

Terry
I will try to make it to Occoneechee. Definitely can't make it to Charlotte.

Found this thing at the Chrysler dealership in Kernersville. It is a 2005 and had all of 60 miles on it. Not bad for a used car.

Stan

Old 09-03-2007, 12:59 PM

Originally Posted by unc4life
Just bought my 2005 Roadster three days ago.

I am in Hillsborough NC, just outside of Chapel Hill.
Stan,

Welcome & Congrats on a Great pick!

Bill

Last edited by SilverFox; 09-19-2007 at 02:07 PM.
Old 09-03-2007, 06:17 PM

Originally Posted by unc4life
I will try to make it to Occoneechee. Definitely can't make it to Charlotte.

Found this thing at the Chrysler dealership in Kernersville. It is a 2005 and had all of 60 miles on it. Not bad for a used car.

Stan
Sounds like a great deal Stan. I had a choice between a red coupe with 50 miles on it (6 speed) or what we got which was the roadster w/autostik and 14K miles. I have had some back surgeries which has left my left leg weak so we got the auto...however I've long held the opinion that if you can't pop the top it's not really a sports car, LOL!
ours is;
'05 Limited Roadster
Blaze Red Crystal Clearcoat
AutoStik
nothing has been modified on it yet. I'm working on a mod for protection of the door sills. If it works out I'll post this modification so hopefully no one else has to paint their door sills in the future.
Good to hear from you.
My local contact numbers are;
Home 919-650-1257
or Cell 832-457-2719
If you are over this way sometime give me a buzz. I'm retired so most time is my own.

Terry

Old 09-04-2007, 05:41 PM

Vanceboro Between New Bern & Greenville Srt6 Coupe (wife's Car).

Old 09-04-2007, 07:35 PM

Well howdy! New Bern is on our list of places to visit. We just moved here from TX. I just met another XFR owner in Hillsborough. Maybe we can all get together on the coast for a gab and run! LOL!
If the SRT 6 is the wife's car what must you be driving? We just got a new Dodge Nitro R/T for the wife's daily driver...cool looks great power and then there's the utility issue. Quite fun but not as much as the XFR...
My local contact info is;
HM 919-650-1257 or
CELL 832-457-2719
Will be showing the XFR at Historic Oconeechee Speedway in Hillsborough and again at Lowes Speedway, Charlotte this month.
Other than that I am open any weekend...except the one coming up. We're taking our Labor Day late to attend my birth family reunion in KS.
Good to hear from another local owner and hope to rally soon!

Terry

Quick Reply: North Carolina Crossfire owners where are you?