Southeast Forum Serving AL, FL, GA, KY, NC, SC, TN.

Which region?

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2012, 10:26 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Which region?

I have joined the XF Forum, but it seems like all of the regions listed do not cover E. Tennessee. So, it seems like I am closest to the S.E. region. I probably will not be able to make most of the events you have, but it would be nice to identify w/some part of the group. I am a big fan of racing; specificly road racing and would be interested in getting together w/some like minded fans to go to one of the many races that are located in the S.E. Example; I have gone to the ALMS Petite Le Mans race at Road Atlanta several times in the past few years and would like to meet up w/some people interested in that race. Or some other race. Barber Motorsports Park? VIR? The racing season is just starting up and there are a lot exciting races coming our way soon. If someone is interested in going let me know. Now is the time to plan.

Old 03-18-2012, 01:12 PM
Forum Regular
Default Re: Which region?

Originally Posted by dskul1
I have joined the XF Forum, but it seems like all of the regions listed do not cover E. Tennessee. So, it seems like I am closest to the S.E. region. I probably will not be able to make most of the events you have, but it would be nice to identify w/some part of the group. I am a big fan of racing; specificly road racing and would be interested in getting together w/some like minded fans to go to one of the many races that are located in the S.E. Example; I have gone to the ALMS Petite Le Mans race at Road Atlanta several times in the past few years and would like to meet up w/some people interested in that race. Or some other race. Barber Motorsports Park? VIR? The racing season is just starting up and there are a lot exciting races coming our way soon. If someone is interested in going let me know. Now is the time to plan.
Just got back from Sebring last nite. I took the XF and it was the only one there that I saw. Plenty of SRT8's Srt4's, Vipers. I'll probably be taking in Petit LeMans this year, but I'm not sure if I'll drive the XF that far....thinking about renting a motorhome or driving the C63....

Old 03-18-2012, 01:13 PM
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Middle TN is loaded with members that have an interest in road racing... myself, Thirteendog, 32krazy! and grip grip. I know there are some others, just can't think of them at the moment. Atlanta is always a fun drive for me, and I'd be down for watching a good race. I also want to do an HPDE at Road Atlanta, there was one I participated in at Nashville Superspeedway which was the most fun you can have with your clothes on.

We also do Cars N' Coffee every month in Cool Springs, near Franklin. Lots of Ferraris, Lambos, and other exotics.

Old 03-20-2012, 06:21 PM

Originally Posted by JHM2K
Middle TN is loaded with members that have an interest in road racing... myself, Thirteendog, 32krazy! and grip grip. I know there are some others, just can't think of them at the moment. Atlanta is always a fun drive for me, and I'd be down for watching a good race. I also want to do an HPDE at Road Atlanta, there was one I participated in at Nashville Superspeedway which was the most fun you can have with your clothes on.

We also do Cars N' Coffee every month in Cool Springs, near Franklin. Lots of Ferraris, Lambos, and other exotics.
It's good to know that there are some other here that are into the same things. I will coming to Nashville next month and maybe we could talk. I will let you know later to see if we can get a time to meet. Thanks!

Old 03-20-2012, 06:26 PM

Originally Posted by m3pig
Just got back from Sebring last nite. I took the XF and it was the only one there that I saw. Plenty of SRT8's Srt4's, Vipers. I'll probably be taking in Petit LeMans this year, but I'm not sure if I'll drive the XF that far....thinking about renting a motorhome or driving the C63....
Let me know if you would like to go. I tried taking my wife a couple of years ago and she hated it. It was my fault. It was her first race and a 10 hour race for a newbie to enjoy is a lot to ask. It is for advanced race fans. It also was the year that they had the 1000 year flood and had to call the race. I sat in the rain under an umbrella for 6 hours. Still was pretty wet.

Old 03-20-2012, 06:31 PM

Originally Posted by m3pig
I see you live in Florida. I moved to Tennessee from St. Pete. My wife is from Mt. Dora. I got tired of the humidity and the crowds.

Old 03-20-2012, 08:23 PM
Received 153 Likes on 141 Posts

Come to the Spring Dragon and meet lot's of XF'ers - Fontana is just a short hop down the road for you.
See the thread on this forum ......

Old 03-21-2012, 10:14 AM

Originally Posted by alaxfire
Come to the Spring Dragon and meet lot's of XF'ers - Fontana is just a short hop down the road for you.
See the thread on this forum ......
Where can I get info on "Spring Dragon"? Is that Hwy129 "Dragon" in N.C.?
I've heard of Fontana Dam. Sound great!

Old 03-21-2012, 10:29 AM

Originally Posted by dskul1
Where can I get info on "Spring Dragon"? Is that Hwy129 "Dragon" in N.C.?
I've heard of Fontana Dam. Sound great!
Just found the info. We will try to make it. It is too bad that it has to be on Easter weekend, but I understand how these things go sometimes. We might have to settle for just one day/night. Hope to meet/see everyone!

Old 03-21-2012, 12:16 PM
Forum Regular

Good to hear from someone else in E. TN. I am here in Knoxville and have told every XF owner I can stop about this forum. Have been to each "Dragon" for the last three years. They're great fun; lots of great folks. BTW: This year we will offer an Easter morning (9:00) worship service for all at the historic Fontana Chapel near the Fontana dam. This will be over in plenty of time to participate in that day's run(s). Come Friday night for a full shot running the Dragon (It should be cleared of the current rockslide by then). Hope to meet you there, or in K'ville before!
PACEMAKER