Troubleshooting & Technical Questions & Modifications Have technical or modification questions about the Crossfire? Find out the answer, or give advice in here!

HELP! Key Fobs not working - Car Stuck!

Old 04-07-2011, 10:28 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation HELP! Key Fobs not working - Car Stuck!

I experienced something very strange.... when leaving work today my key fob did not unlock my car with the unlock button. When I used the key portion to open the drivers side door my alarm went off and nothing I did would shut it off. I could turn the key to the on/run position but the car would not start... the first two turns it sounded as though the car would start but then shutoff. I went home via cab and got my second key, thinking it was a dead battery in the key fob but that didnt work either. Neither key fob will unlock the doors or disengage the alarm and the car will not turn over or even try to at this point.

The car battery is still 100% though because the alarm still screams and lights flash everytime i open the car door. Also, the light on the tow switch is blinking.

Please help.... The car is completely locked down. I am unable to even have it towed because I cant shift the car into neutral.... It's also in a parking garage with 6 foot clearance on the third floor... no way for a flat bed to get to it and I cant roll it out.

Old 04-08-2011, 01:55 AM
Received 543 Likes on 459 Posts
Default Re: HELP! Key Fobs not working - Car Stuck!

Originally Posted by JMann101
I experienced something very strange.... when leaving work today my key fob did not unlock my car with the unlock button. When I used the key portion to open the drivers side door my alarm went off and nothing I did would shut it off. I could turn the key to the on/run position but the car would not start... the first two turns it sounded as though the car would start but then shutoff. I went home via cab and got my second key, thinking it was a dead battery in the key fob but that didnt work either. Neither key fob will unlock the doors or disengage the alarm and the car will not turn over or even try to at this point.

The car battery is still 100% though because the alarm still screams and lights flash everytime i open the car door. Also, the light on the tow switch is blinking.

Please help.... The car is completely locked down. I am unable to even have it towed because I cant shift the car into neutral.... It's also in a parking garage with 6 foot clearance on the third floor... no way for a flat bed to get to it and I cant roll it out.
This may be caused by a car battery that's failing in which case a new one will solve the problem. The siren may also be at fault.
Or see this thread and do what he did. This sounds very possible.
https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...tml#post398478
Also do a search using 'alarm sounds' lots of previous posts there.
Using a screwdriver the transmission can be moved to neutral by inserting it as shown in the Owners Handbook. The screwdriver trips the lock.

Last edited by onehundred80; 04-08-2011 at 02:06 AM.