Troubleshooting & Technical Questions & Modifications Have technical or modification questions about the Crossfire? Find out the answer, or give advice in here!

Let's discuss the key fob transponder chip(s)

Old 04-01-2019, 08:10 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Let's discuss the key fob transponder chip(s)

Originally Posted by Padgett
Well after great travail and about 50% higher cost, the 7930s arrived. They do not work either.
well damn now what

Old 04-02-2019, 02:32 AM
Received 39 Likes on 24 Posts

I don't think that it is possible to clone the keys. But it is possible to make keys with a dump of the skreem modul.
Unfortunately I don't have the necessary hardware to prove it. A original Tango programmer with Crossfire module costs 1400$ and the clone should not work with Crossfire.
But I managed to repair a defective skreem module. Here is a video where you can see the repaired module in my car (unfortunately in german) password is "xf" (without quotes).

Last edited by Viper-666; 04-02-2019 at 04:01 AM.
Old 04-02-2019, 08:37 AM
Received 28 Likes on 25 Posts

Well . . . The various results attempting to clone our Crossfire transponder chips certainly turned out to be very disappointing. I want to thank everyone who expended effort and personal expense trying to make this happen.

Old 04-04-2019, 03:35 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Viper-666
I don't think that it is possible to clone the keys. But it is possible to make keys with a dump of the skreem modul.
Unfortunately I don't have the necessary hardware to prove it. A original Tango programmer with Crossfire module costs 1400$ and the clone should not work with Crossfire.
But I managed to repair a defective skreem module. Here is a video where you can see the repaired module in my car (unfortunately in german) password is "xf" (without quotes). video
Can you expand more on the SKREEM module you repaired? What was the issue with it, and what did you do that was able to resolve it?
Also, some auto locksmiths seem to have hardware that can produce working keys based off of a dump from the SKREEM module. See here.

Old 04-04-2019, 04:16 AM

The defective Skreem module was no longer recognized if you wanted to read it via obd.
So I had to desolder the processor. Then I read out the processor with my Orange5 programmer. This was fortunately intact and all data were present.
First I tried to clone the processor to another one.
Unfortunately the clone did not work completely. I could open and close the car with the key but I couldn't start it. I have to look a little deeper into this.
The processor has three areas where data is stored and I only cloned one. And it could also be that the processor was from an SLK R170.
Finally I soldered the original processor to another Skreem module, that worked fine.

Unfortunately I don't have the right hardware (Skreem, ECU and key from one Crossfire) at the moment to start more attempts.

Last edited by Viper-666; 04-04-2019 at 05:36 AM.
Old 04-04-2019, 08:55 AM
Received 543 Likes on 459 Posts

Originally Posted by Viper-666

Finally I soldered the original processor to another Skreem module, that worked .
I believe and have stated that in many cases it is not the processor that fails but a simple, diode, resistor etc. Do you think that this a correct assumption from your statement here?
In which case the replacement if a ten cent item may solve the problem.

Old 04-04-2019, 09:09 AM

I totally agree with you on that. But without a circuit diagram it is difficult to find the defective component.
I had also first tried to find something through a visual inspection under the microscope, but everything was unobtrusive.

Old 08-01-2019, 01:14 AM

How does that programmer work

Old 08-01-2019, 02:48 AM

Which programmer do you mean? If you mean the Tango programmer, he can use his software to calculate the code for the transponders of the unused keys from a skreem dump and write it to an empty transponder.
The codes for 8 keys are stored in the Skreem module, but normally only keys 1 and 2 are used.

Old 08-01-2019, 09:02 AM

I only have one key. I just ordered a new blank chip and wondered if the new chip can be programmed by the dealers' computer. Another forum member wrote about a tool that can be purchased on Ebay that has the software for programming the chip.

Old 08-01-2019, 09:30 AM

I don't think the dealer knows how to program a transponder for a Crossfire because it works differently than other Chrysler models.
Chrysler can use the VIN to provide codes for the transponder. However, they only do this to locksmiths and dealers.
And a software that can program the transponder is useless without the data that belongs on it.
And as far as I know the only way to get these codes without Chrysler is to dump a Skreem and the right software.

Old 08-01-2019, 01:37 PM
Received 344 Likes on 304 Posts

Viper, I am just curious, when you order a spare key or skreem from Needswings, how do they program them without having the original skreem on hand?

Old 08-02-2019, 02:06 AM

As I wrote above, dealers and locksmiths can register at Chrysler tech authority and get the necessary codes against payment.

Old 10-08-2019, 12:58 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Wink Re: Let's discuss the key fob transponder chip(s)

Originally Posted by Jim Holian
edmoncwheeler - So, does that mean that China will be making SKREEM modules and remote key's for our Crossfires? If someone made them for a reasonable price, I venture to say that better than 50% of the guy's on this forum would be buying them. Since you indicate that you are an importer of China and Taiwan goods, do you know anything about them copying our SKREEM module's or keys?

Jim
If they were reliable and reasonably priced I would buy 2 keys 2 day. I would buy a skreem module also

Old 10-08-2019, 03:37 PM

Originally Posted by Moore2575
what am i missing here ? I called a local lockshop they tell me they can order me a keyfob , cut the key and program it to start the car (2005 limited) all for $85. I ordered 1 said it will take up to 2 weeks

I called these people they said they helped you but were not willing to help anyone else. I was so disgusted and furious they pick and choose who they wish to help. The key company said it was hard to get keys and cost to much to reproduce . I think we are all screwed when it comes to these dam keys 😡😡😡

Last edited by manlaw38; 10-08-2019 at 04:35 PM. Reason: Spelling
Old 10-08-2019, 03:42 PM

😞 Since I cannot get another key for this dam car if I decide to extract the transponder out of my one good key do I glue or tape it to the inside of Antenna ring i would feel uncomfortable glueing it to antenna ring if I had to remove it. Seems it would look better glued to the outside antenna to keep from breaking it off when I turn key. Can I glue it to outside behind rubber ring ??

Last edited by manlaw38; 10-08-2019 at 04:36 PM. Reason: Spelling
Old 10-08-2019, 08:21 PM
Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

You could buy another antenna, glue the Chip, then attach it to the SKREEM behind the instrument panel , leaving the old antenna in place for appearance.

Old 10-08-2019, 09:17 PM
Wink Re: Let's discuss the key fob transponder chip(s)

Originally Posted by Chooch
You could buy another antenna, glue the Chip, then attach it to the SKREEM behind the instrument panel , leaving the old antenna in place for appearance.
Thank you Chooch,

I had thought same thing Chooch to Buy another antenna ring and glue the transponder to the good antenna and hide it behind the dash somewhere and use a bad antenna as a cover over the ignition key hole. does anyone have a bad antenna willing to sell cheap ?? I have paypal . The thing that scares me to death now , is busting my one good key open YIKES !!!
Thanks to all of you who have contributed to this thread and everything I have learned has been a great help to me and to those of us fairly new to this car. I have learned so much from all of you and I am eternally grateful !!!

Thank you Thank you

Old 10-09-2019, 03:45 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by manlaw38
I called these people they said they helped you but were not willing to help anyone else. I was so disgusted and furious they pick and choose who they wish to help. The key company said it was hard to get keys and cost to much to reproduce . I think we are all screwed when it comes to these dam keys 😡😡😡
so you did call them and they did tell you they helped me and the price was $85 per key? Infact i bought 3. Only thing i hope is that those of you that thought i was a troll and thought i was trolling are regretting ever thinking or saying this, i could have been a sweet deal for all of us.

Old 10-09-2019, 04:23 PM

Originally Posted by Moore2575
so you did call them and they did tell you they helped me and the price was $85 per key? Infact i bought 3. Only thing i hope is that those of you that thought i was a troll and thought i was trolling are regretting ever thinking or saying this, i could have been a sweet deal for all of us.
Moore2575 . Sir I never once called you a troll . I treated you with respect and begged for help. I was kind and thanked you many times. I am not mean or have the bully mean girl attitude. I begged you for help with this key issue . But never got a response after asking you to see why they chose not to help me . I had sent you several private messages and you did not respond back after the 3 or 4 contacts. I said I would not bother you if you chose not to bother contacting me which I stopped . But you are right this could have a great deal for those of us needing keys. I was more angry at the key shop than you Sir because all you could do is lead me to the source you couldn't help it they chose not to help me

Quick Reply: Let's discuss the key fob transponder chip(s)