CrossfireForum - The Chrysler Crossfire and SRT6 Resource

CrossfireForum - The Chrysler Crossfire and SRT6 Resource (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/)
-   Troubleshooting & Technical Questions & Modifications (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/troubleshooting-technical-questions-modifications/)
-   -   Mercedes Air Box W/CAI (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/troubleshooting-technical-questions-modifications/29557-mercedes-air-box-w-cai.html)

XF504 01-27-2009 06:01 PM

Re: Mercedes Air Box W/CAI

Any of you guys who have done this mod notice any performance differences?

caddyman3 01-29-2009 01:15 AM

does anyone have pics of the tubes going through the radiator support with the grill removed?

Skyshadow 01-30-2009 06:27 PM

I second this. I'm looking into this setup alot but i would like to know what the increase is.

Originally Posted by XF504
Any of you guys who have done this mod notice any performance differences?

racerx 01-31-2009 08:06 AM

Can anyone tell me if the actual MB airbox volume is greater (bigger) between the filters and engine ? It will certainly flow better to the filters but I'm trying to find out if all that good air actually gets past the filters and into the engine without hitting a huge restriction after the filters. Thank You!

Skyshadow 01-31-2009 08:43 AM

Thats like the first thing that TVT said... Yes it is (double the size)

Originally Posted by racerx
Can anyone tell me if the actual MB airbox volume is greater (bigger) between the filters and engine ? It will certainly flow better to the filters but I'm trying to find out if all that good air actually gets past the filters and into the engine without hitting a huge restriction after the filters. Thank You!

TVT_DESIGN 01-31-2009 10:11 AM

I can comment all day on how the box improves performance, but I really want the customers to chime in on this one.

Come on guys I know there are a lot of you out there!

FP 01-31-2009 11:01 AM

I can tell you it makes a big difference.......:D

Kit Fox 02-01-2009 08:28 PM

Originally Posted by caddyman3
does anyone have pics of the tubes going through the radiator support with the grill removed?

Yes please.

wocar 02-02-2009 05:14 PM

Originally Posted by jbomar
SACETORNC,

I can get you the part numbers once I get back in town from the holidays...I am very impressed with the larger K&N filters....nearly twice as big as XFire stock.

As far as the tubes go, they stop right beside the radiator. I removed the factory tubes and their mounts located beside the radiator. After the holidays I'm going to get a few pcs of tube and run these past the radiator to insure the intake comes from completely in front off the grill. Will post whatever I work out.

So far I really like what this TVT kit is giving me!

Go back and review this thread the tubes stop at the ducts beside the radiator. They do not go past the radiator. If you took a picture with the grill removed all you would see is the original duct If you want to go past the radiator you will need to remove or modify the air duct. You would also need to add to the aluminum tubing supplied with this kit.

TVT_DESIGN 02-02-2009 10:47 PM

Originally Posted by wocar
Go back and review this thread the tubes stop at the ducts beside the radiator. They do not go past the radiator. If you took a picture with the grill removed all you would see is the original duct If you want to go past the radiator you will need to remove or modify the air duct. You would also need to add to the aluminum tubing supplied with this kit.

A 3" piece of silicon will lead the flow right through the radiator.

caddyman3 02-05-2009 01:40 AM

Thanks TVT, thats the response i was looking for.

AmarilloMike 11-07-2010 12:10 PM

Originally Posted by FP
FP - mine is not two pieces! Crap! Guess this might mean I'll have to get another. Gee, then I'll have 3 airboxes - one Xfire and two MB - maybe I've just found anew collector hobby;)

That's why I posted this back when. It's a two piece cover. YES, you guys got a hell of a deal.

https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...5&d=1226699899

I need part "1" in FP's picture. Does anybody know the number.

Also would anybody happen to know the number to the two tubes feeding the airbox.

By the way I am running the Mercedes airbox without part 1 and I can tell a difference. I have the original intake air tubes tucked inside the airbox and sealed with duct tape.

thanks.

Mike

JHM2K 11-07-2010 09:27 PM

Originally Posted by AmarilloMike
I need part "1" in FP's picture. Does anybody know the number.

Also would anybody happen to know the number to the two tubes feeding the airbox.

By the way I am running the Mercedes airbox without part 1 and I can tell a difference. I have the original intake air tubes tucked inside the airbox and sealed with duct tape.

thanks.

Mike

Mike, the number for the front shroud is part # 1120100467

AmarilloMike 11-08-2010 02:44 PM

Thanks JHM!

I ordered the part this morning from Parts.com this morning and got notification this afternoon that it had shipped.

It was $89 plus $15 shipping.

Auto Parts - Parts.com, For Every Part of Your Life

Thanks again,

Mike