CrossfireForum - The Chrysler Crossfire and SRT6 Resource

CrossfireForum - The Chrysler Crossfire and SRT6 Resource (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/)
-   Troubleshooting & Technical Questions & Modifications (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/troubleshooting-technical-questions-modifications/)
-   -   BAS/ESP LIGHT ON AFTER INSTALLING HID LIGHT KIT WHY? (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/troubleshooting-technical-questions-modifications/5568-bas-esp-light-after-installing-hid-light-kit-why.html)

MAXIMA 07-17-2004 01:02 PM

BAS/ESP LIGHT ON AFTER INSTALLING HID LIGHT KIT WHY?

AFTER INSTALLING THE HID VERY EASY PLUG & PLAY KIT I AM HAVING THE BAS/ESP LIGHT ON THE PANEL. ANY REASON WHY? THANKS [/b]

andrew 07-17-2004 08:04 PM

Re: BAS/ESP LIGHT ON AFTER INSTALLING HID LIGHT KIT WHY?

Originally Posted by MAXIMA
AFTER INSTALLING THE HID VERY EASY PLUG & PLAY KIT I AM HAVING THE BAS/ESP LIGHT ON THE PANEL. ANY REASON WHY? THANKS [/b]

what type of kit did you purchase and where? thanks!

sorry to hear about the problems...i want to purchase an hid kit in the future.

SeaXfire 07-18-2004 01:00 AM

If you disconnected the battery during the installtion (a very good idea) you may have to recallibrate the wheel position sensor. Read the manual it's in there, very simple to do, move the wheel full travel from side to side.

saldous 07-18-2004 10:47 AM

SeaXfire is correct. I had the same problem after I installed the illuminated door sills. Read the manual and it says if the battery was disconnected this problem may occur. Simply move the steering wheel full left lock and then full right lick and back to center. Light goes out.

MAXIMA 07-18-2004 05:35 PM

andrew, check out bmerfan for HID information. i already installed the HID 8000k that bmerfan posted, and to be honest, its the best $326.00 spent.

FerrariVdub 07-19-2004 11:19 AM

Same

My esp ligth doesnt go on the only thing that happened is that when i just put the parking lights on without the headlights on the warning light for Cluster/Lights/Something, it says it in the manual but it looks like ((?)) something like that. Why is it on and how can i not make it come on.

Stevo 07-19-2004 07:38 PM

The BAS/ESP light came on for me too, but the next time I turned the car on it didnt come on... However, the light that signals a light"problem" right near the BAS/ESP stays on at all times... Does it do that for everyone else???

english_bob 07-20-2004 02:28 AM

Stevo,

I've got no warning lights showing. Just the irritating orange glow to remind me I have taken the traction control off.

Wonder if I can change it so the light is on when the traction control is on?

FerrariVdub 07-20-2004 09:11 AM

yeah

Steveo thats what i am talking about. The light saying there is a lighting problem comes on only when i put my parking lights on without my headlights, once the headlights are on it goes offf. Why does it go on at all though?????