CrossfireForum - The Chrysler Crossfire and SRT6 Resource

CrossfireForum - The Chrysler Crossfire and SRT6 Resource (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/)
-   Troubleshooting & Technical Questions & Modifications (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/troubleshooting-technical-questions-modifications/)
-   -   Car died!?! HELP?! (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/troubleshooting-technical-questions-modifications/67476-car-died-help.html)

Blackout317 04-21-2014 08:35 PM

Car died!?! HELP?!

So i was on my way home from work today and was sitting at a stop lighting waiting for it turn green looked down at my phone and the next thing i know the car just dies. I didnt idle rough before it died it just did. Turned the key over and it starting just fin drove home and around some more with no problems. When the car dies all the lights on the cluster here on.
I was thinking it was the cps just wanted to get everyone opinon before hand.

Car has 114,000 on if that helps at all.

Mrmiata 04-21-2014 09:57 PM

Re: Car died!?! HELP?!

At that mileage.. if your running still running the OEM CPS.. I'd get one (Bosch) ready to install. I'd say chances are good it's time.

JEFASOLD 04-21-2014 11:09 PM

Originally Posted by Blackout317 (Post 792922)
So i was on my way home from work today and was sitting at a stop lighting waiting for it turn green looked down at my phone and the next thing i know the car just dies. I didnt idle rough before it died it just did. Turned the key over and it starting just fin drove home and around some more with no problems. When the car dies all the lights on the cluster here on.
I was thinking it was the cps just wanted to get everyone opinon before hand.

Car has 114,000 on if that helps at all.

Just make sure you get the Bosch, other brands have been known to not work.

Adrian_X 04-21-2014 11:17 PM

I can vouch for the CPS being at fault for the car having weird stalling/no start issues. I changed mine when it wouldn't start after the initial cranking procedure. Mine turned out to be the CAMshaft position sensor, and not the more often at fault CRANKshaft position sensor.

Both easy to change, as long as you have the tools to take off the sensors themselves. I will mention I first bought a cheapo sensor off Ebay, which didn't work. Rudy (RCompart) supplied me with a BOSCH original model when I went to him seeking help with it since I didn't know where else to turn lol.

pizzaguy 04-21-2014 11:36 PM

My crank sensor died the same way - at a light . Took three attempts to get it to start and I had the Check Enigne light on.

Since I carried a spare BOSCH CPS, I changed it that night and it's been fine since then, that was in January - car had just rolled 101,000 miles.

My spare was $47 in 2010 when I ordered it, Today's price is $45:
https://www.germanautosupply.com/sto...sensor-82.html

That is the OEM part - call Chrysler and they will want well over $100 - so click and order one!
(Notice it has the old AND new part number on it, so you know you are good to go - and it's a BOSCH - problem solved.

Anyone else reading this should order one as well and keep it in the trunk, this part WILL fail eventually and may not be available locally.
This way, you can get anyone who is handy with tools to change it for you. :)

onehundred80 04-21-2014 11:49 PM

Originally Posted by pizzaguy (Post 792958)
My crank sensor died the same way - at a light . Took three attempts to get it to start and I had the Check Enigne light on.

Since I carried a spare BOSCH CPS, I changed it that night and it's been fine since then, that was in January - car had just rolled 101,000 miles.

My spare was $47 in 2010 when I ordered it, Today's price is $45:
https://www.germanautosupply.com/sto...sensor-82.html

That is the OEM part - call Chrysler and they will want well over $100 - so click and order one!
(Notice it has the old AND new part number on it, so you know you are good to go - and it's a BOSCH - problem solved.

Anyone else reading this should order one as well and keep it in the trunk, this part WILL fail eventually and may not be available locally.
This way, you can get anyone who is handy with tools to change it for you. :)

Remember that we have had a reported incident when the "failed" CPS was rejuvenated by the use of a spray on the terminals.
CLICK

Blackout317 04-21-2014 11:59 PM

Thanks for the help guys! does anyone know if they available at a autoparts store. like autozone advanced ect.

Blackout317 04-22-2014 01:24 PM

Got a new sensor today started the car and i ran fine havenet had a chance to drive it around yet since im at work. Part was replaced a few years ago by my father when it was his car so it was still under warrenty. Thanks again for the help guys

oledoc2u 04-22-2014 06:36 PM

you are just down the road...if you ever need help, just call or yell...lol

Blackout317 04-22-2014 06:54 PM

lol thanks man same goes to you.