Troubleshooting & Technical Questions & Modifications Have technical or modification questions about the Crossfire? Find out the answer, or give advice in here!

Car won't start. Possible skreem

Old 04-19-2016, 06:44 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Car won't start. Possible skreem

I have an '06 srt6 with about 52k. I came to my car to unlock it and the FOB wouldn't work. So I unlocked it manually and alarm went off. I proceeded to start the car which I thought disabled the alarm. Unfortunately, about 1 minute later the alarm came back on, while I was driving it. I got home, with alarm constantly going every minute or so and begin to try to remedy the problem. I first un hooked the battery, which did nothing. So I found the fuse box and pulled out fuse 9, I believe and this silenced the alarm. I then replaced the fuse and hooked the battery back up. Tried to start the car and it would nearly start twice, while the third time... Nothing (SKREEM?) I tried unhooking the battery a few times while waiting for different lengths of time in between. Still nothing. I finally gave up and went inside around 11 pm. The next morning I went back out to my car, which had been locked, I tried the second FOB and still nothing. When I manually unlocked the car, The alarm went off again and this time, the "in tow" switch was illuminated. I clicked it up and down multiple times but nothing changed. I have probably tried to start the car around 8 or 9 times in sets of 3's. (I had heard about the possibility of only getting 10 attempts or 30 real turns of the key). I have since towed the car to a friends place and am trying to figure out what to do next. The car alarm went off when the car was towed and still goes off when you open any door, gas cap, glove box etc..... Help!

Old 04-19-2016, 06:47 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Car won't start. Possible skreem

And yes battery was checked with voltmeter