Troubleshooting & Technical Questions & Modifications Have technical or modification questions about the Crossfire? Find out the answer, or give advice in here!

Grab your wifes...

Old 03-22-2005, 10:15 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Grab your wifes...

fingernail polish remover... I'll wait until I hear if it works for someone here...

Acetone In Fuel Said to Increase Mileage 15-35%

Readily-available chemical added to gas tank in small proportion improves the fuel's ability to vaporize completely by reducing the surface tension that inhibits vaporization of some fuel droplets.

by Louis LaPointe
Adapted by Sterling D. Allan and Mary-Sue Haliburton
with LaPointe's permission for Pure Energy Systems News

Acetone (CH3COCH3), also called dimethylketone or propanone, is a product that can be purchased inexpensively in most locations around the world, such as in the common hardware store. Added to the fuel tank in tiny amounts, acetone aids in the vaporization of the gasoline or diesel, increasing fuel efficiency, engine longevity, and performance -- as well as reducing hydrocarbon emissions.

Complete vaporization of fuel is far from perfect in today's cars. A certain amount of fuel in most engines remains liquid in the hot chamber. In order to become a true gas and be fully combusted, fuel must undergo a phase change.

Surface tension presents an obstacle to vaporization. For instance the energy barrier from surface tension can sometimes force water to reach 300 degrees Fahrenheit before it vaporizes. Similarly with gasoline.

Acetone drastically reduces the surface tension. Most fuel molecules are sluggish with respect to their natural frequency. Acetone has an inherent molecular vibration that "stirs up" the fuel molecules, to break the surface tension. This results in a more complete vaporization with other factors remaining the same. More complete vaporization means less wasted fuel, hence the increased gas mileage from the increased thermal efficiency.

That excess fuel was formerly wasted past the rings or sent out the tailpipe but when mixed with acetone it gets burned.

Acetone allows gasoline to behave more like the ideal automotive fuel which is PROPANE. The degree of improved mileage depends on how much unburned fuel you are presently wasting. You might gain 15 to 35-percent better economy from the use of acetone. Sometimes even more.

Add in tiny amounts from about one part per 5000 to one part per 500, depending on the vehicle -- just a few ounces per ten gallons of gas.

More at:

http://pesn.com/2005/03/17/6900069_Acetone/

Old 03-22-2005, 11:31 AM
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Grab your wifes...

You try it first ok.

Old 03-22-2005, 01:11 PM
Cool Re: Grab your wifes...

Originally Posted by xfuego
fingernail polish remover... I'll wait until I hear if it works for someone here...

Acetone In Fuel Said to Increase Mileage 15-35%

Readily-available chemical added to gas tank in small proportion improves the fuel's ability to vaporize completely by reducing the surface tension that inhibits vaporization of some fuel droplets.

by Louis LaPointe
Adapted by Sterling D. Allan and Mary-Sue Haliburton
with LaPointe's permission for Pure Energy Systems News

Acetone (CH3COCH3), also called dimethylketone or propanone, is a product that can be purchased inexpensively in most locations around the world, such as in the common hardware store. Added to the fuel tank in tiny amounts, acetone aids in the vaporization of the gasoline or diesel, increasing fuel efficiency, engine longevity, and performance -- as well as reducing hydrocarbon emissions.

Complete vaporization of fuel is far from perfect in today's cars. A certain amount of fuel in most engines remains liquid in the hot chamber. In order to become a true gas and be fully combusted, fuel must undergo a phase change.

Surface tension presents an obstacle to vaporization. For instance the energy barrier from surface tension can sometimes force water to reach 300 degrees Fahrenheit before it vaporizes. Similarly with gasoline.

Acetone drastically reduces the surface tension. Most fuel molecules are sluggish with respect to their natural frequency. Acetone has an inherent molecular vibration that "stirs up" the fuel molecules, to break the surface tension. This results in a more complete vaporization with other factors remaining the same. More complete vaporization means less wasted fuel, hence the increased gas mileage from the increased thermal efficiency.

That excess fuel was formerly wasted past the rings or sent out the tailpipe but when mixed with acetone it gets burned.

Acetone allows gasoline to behave more like the ideal automotive fuel which is PROPANE. The degree of improved mileage depends on how much unburned fuel you are presently wasting. You might gain 15 to 35-percent better economy from the use of acetone. Sometimes even more.

Add in tiny amounts from about one part per 5000 to one part per 500, depending on the vehicle -- just a few ounces per ten gallons of gas.

More at:

http://pesn.com/2005/03/17/6900069_Acetone/
Maybe that is one of the ingredients the oil companies add to get Premium fuel;
I don't know, just a guess.

Old 03-22-2005, 02:05 PM

Let us know how it works in your Xfire. Then some of us might try it.

Old 03-22-2005, 08:57 PM
Banned

Try a can of gas additive or read the back of can to see if some acetone in there.

Old 03-22-2005, 10:37 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I always add 0-60 Boost additive everytime I have a full tank. I can feel my XFIREX running smoother and faster.

Old 03-22-2005, 11:19 PM

Actually, adding acetone may not be so farfetched an idea....

http://www.foxvalleykart.com/fuel4.html

Old 03-23-2005, 03:23 AM
Forum Regular

Well..Heck..
I drink Acetone, if its good enough for me, you bet its good enough for my car! LOL LOL

Actually, that is really quite interesting. So who's going to throw down first?

Old 03-26-2005, 02:19 PM
Thumbs up Re: Grab your wifes...

Back in the early 60's you could buy liquid ether(the kind doctors use for open drop anesthesia) from a pharmacy or a doctor who would sell or give you the item to be used in his presence.We would take a whiskey shot glass and pour this foul smelling stuff in the fuel tank(origin of the term-THE CAR IS A REAL SLEEPER)...We did this to a friend's 1957 olds rocket 98 convert. with the J-2 tri-power carb. set-up. It's true-it went like a nitro-methane rocket dragster...we figured the performance increase to be at least 60% or better!!!!Sooooo---we used 2 shot glasses , 3 shot glasses, and then...FULL CYLINDER HEAD MELT DOWN AT 80 MPH ON AN ICY WINTER ROAD IN WISCONSIN.....Spinout into a snowbank and the end of my friends father's car...Good thing we only have sand here in Florida...

Last edited by jimboo; 03-26-2005 at 02:36 PM. Reason: spelling