Troubleshooting & Technical Questions & Modifications Have technical or modification questions about the Crossfire? Find out the answer, or give advice in here!

Starting issue

Old 03-28-2017, 08:29 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Starting issue

Just when I think I have half of everything figure out about these cars, my SRT6 never seizes to amaze me. She left me for dead when the girlfriend and I went out for some lunch. I thought I knew the drill, so immediately call for a ride back to my house to take the CPS and RCM off my other XF (I should know by now to have spares ready) and swap it in my SRT6 just to get it back home. NO LUCK. My immediate next thought was the starter. Then my thought after that was "I just replaced the starter last year." I turn the key to 2nd position, dash lights up, car "beeps" as normal, turn the key amd dead silence. No attempt to even try to crank. Also noticed that I don't hear my fuel pump (SL55 pump) "humm" when I turn the key. Checked all respective fuses and relays even though I I swapped RCM previously. After a few searches on the forum, a Facebook post on my page, I see mentions of the PCM (Pulse Control Module, not to be confused with Powertrain Control Module). I used a test light on my starter and it was "hot" as it should be. Other posts on the starter were not hot when turning the key. Plug "F" on the PCM is not sending a signal to the starter. Swapped the PCM between cars, still no start. I turn the key to the 2nd position and checked the "F" port on the PCM with my test light and everytime I touched the pin the starter would engage and try to start the car. My test light ground was completing the circuit for the car to start. What the heck should my next move be? I had my nose burried in the service manual for 5 hours. I lose track of the "F" wire once it goes into the birds nest of wires under the fuse panel. In the service manual, there is a number "C106" but I have no clue what that is referring to. Sorry for the long post, just tried to eliminate as many up front questions you guys may have had. Thanks.

Old 03-30-2017, 12:22 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: Starting issue

C-106 is a black connection in the Control Module Box at right rear of engine compartment. Service manual pg. 8W-91-15 an 8W-91-2...