Troubleshooting & Technical Questions & Modifications Have technical or modification questions about the Crossfire? Find out the answer, or give advice in here!

Trouble with sticky key fix

Old 05-07-2019, 08:59 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Trouble with sticky key fix

I tried doing the sticky key fix and got as far as the locking pin. I could not find the locking pin. There is a hole in the black collar but no pin in it. At that point I decided it was beyond my ability and I would wait until I could find someone to help with it. I put everything back together and now when I remove the key and get out of the car the headlights go on and after a few seconds the chime starts. If I put the key back in and turn it on and off they go out and I'm able to pull the key and get out without it happening again until the next time I try it. I have checked the connections on the 3 wires involved and no change
One thing that did happen during the repair was I originally tried removing the key tumblers before I found out you didn't have to. At one point I wasn't sure if they unlocked or if the pliers slipped. I still couldn't move it either way so I assumed the pliers slipped. Is it possible that they are not locked and this is what is causing the problem? My main focus now is to try and get this problem corrected and worry about getting the sticky key fix done when I have some help.