CrossfireForum - The Chrysler Crossfire and SRT6 Resource

CrossfireForum - The Chrysler Crossfire and SRT6 Resource (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/)
-   Troubleshooting & Technical Questions & Modifications (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/troubleshooting-technical-questions-modifications/)
-   -   Will not crank (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/troubleshooting-technical-questions-modifications/86212-will-not-crank.html)

Pastortim1 07-21-2023 12:45 PM

Will not crank

My 2007 Crossfire with 31kmiles will not crank. Battery is good. When i turn the start switch it will engage and turn the motor for about on second and stop. Any ideas?

pizzaguy 07-21-2023 12:59 PM

Re: Will not crank

I have a lot of ideas, you don't want ideas, you want technical advice. To get that advice, you have got to provide enough information for us to troubleshoot a car we are NOT standing next to.

When you turn the key back to OFF, what happens if you try again?
Are you SURE the engine is actually turning over for 'one second'?
If you leave the key at "ON" for 45 seconds, does the engine cooling fan slowly warp up to HIGH speed?

Please answer all three questions in your next response, far too many are coming here for free advice, do not expect us to work harder on this than you do!

dedwards0323 07-21-2023 04:28 PM

Originally Posted by Pastortim1 (Post 981179)
My 2007 Crossfire with 31kmiles will not crank. Battery is good. When i turn the start switch it will engage and turn the motor for about on second and stop. Any ideas?

I know that it may not be known what details are needed to have experienced Owners troubleshoot your issue. Pizzaguy gave good questions which point more experienced Owners on how to troubleshoot your issue. No such thing as 'too much detail'. This was your 1st Post, so I'm not surprised we need more info.

Jack G 07-22-2023 09:48 AM

Pizzaguy
I completely agree with your comments relative to receiving free help and advice. Is there someway a preamble for receiving operational problem related help be formulated and vividly posted. The content of the format could include a standardize progression of questions relative to existing conditions. This might help in minimizing the vagueness of preconditions and poor grammatical descriptions. Maybe it could be placed somewhere in with the toolbar selections. It seems the frequency of issues related to battery and RCM conditions are the high hitters. "It won't start", "No crank", etc. seem to be the most common type postings.

onehundred80 07-22-2023 10:56 AM

Originally Posted by Pastortim1 (Post 981179)

This sounds like a demand for an answer, “Any ideas please” would be better way to request that people spend their time answering your question. With a handle like Pastor Tim maybe you would better asking Him.
The words please and thank you are seen less and less these days on forums and in every day life.

pizzaguy 07-22-2023 11:16 AM

Originally Posted by Jack G (Post 981217)
Pizzaguy
I completely agree with your comments relative to receiving free help and advice. Is there someway a preamble for receiving operational problem related help be formulated and vividly posted. The content of the format could include a standardize progression of questions relative to existing conditions. This might help in minimizing the vagueness of preconditions and poor grammatical descriptions. Maybe it could be placed somewhere in with the toolbar selections. It seems the frequency of issues related to battery and RCM conditions are the high hitters. "It won't start", "No crank", etc. seem to be the most common type postings.

See the link in my sigline, I TRIED to provide that. For what it's worth....
Im keeping a low profile, the chest pain is kinda bad right now and bending over or breathing deep is painful, not sure my mental state is very good right now.