Troubleshooting & Technical Questions & Modifications Have technical or modification questions about the Crossfire? Find out the answer, or give advice in here!

Lifting a crossfire. Suspension drop problems

Old 04-20-2024, 05:19 PM
Received 23 Likes on 17 Posts
Default Lifting a crossfire. Suspension drop problems

What? Why would anyone want to lift a crossfire? 🤣🤣 Well, I would. Reason being, is I am going to turn one into a rally car.
I have figured out how to perform a suspension drop with custom mounts where the bushings are. And how to tie them in. However, the suspension is going to need adjustments. I chatted with a guy at the SLK forums and he said that the W112 suspension should swap into the crossfire. And give me camber and castor adjustments. Do any of you all know anything about this? Supposedly some SLK owners did this just for the adjustment on their stock R170 chassis. The only other problem for me is how the rear wheels move forward when in free air. Because I do not want to cut that corner in front of the wheel
I am also at a loss for the right wheel tire combo. Any thoughts from you would be greatly appteciated. I wont modify one until I get through the process of how it can be done. Let the comments roll, dont hold back its all good. Were family now. Muwahaahaa. 🤓