TSBs and How-To Articles This is for information on Technical Service Bulletins and for posting How-To Articles.

Audible door locking alert

Old 03-04-2008, 06:58 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Audible door locking alert

Does anyone know if the Crossfire door lock remote can be programmed so the horn gives a quick "honk" when the doors are locked? The locking mechanism is so soft I would like to get an audible confirmation as I walk away from the vehicle.

Thanks,

Old 03-04-2008, 07:24 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Audible door locking alert

I don't know about yours but my headlights blink whenever I lock my car. Personally I much rather have the visual than the audible.

Especially if one is tryin to sneak back in the house after a late nite cruise !!!

Just my Dos Cenatovs !

Old 03-04-2008, 08:00 AM
RPM

Originally Posted by My04Inferno
Does anyone know if the Crossfire door lock remote can be programmed so the horn gives a quick "honk" when the doors are locked?
No it can not.
I believe someone stumbled upon a module that would do it, but it was quite expensive if I remember correctly.

Old 03-04-2008, 08:12 AM

Originally Posted by RPM
No it can not.
I believe someone stumbled upon a module that would do it, but it was quite expensive if I remember correctly.
Thanks for the info...too bad.

Have a happy Easter.

Old 03-04-2008, 01:28 PM

Too bad, I would have liked the honk. Sometimes I find myself running back to the car to see if its all locked.

Old 03-04-2008, 01:53 PM

I bought a Viper 2-way security system which has the chirp and the parking light flash when locking and unlocking. I like it a lot, but the downfall is having 2 large modules on the keychain.

Old 03-04-2008, 01:54 PM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Cool Re: Audible door locking alert

Originally Posted by RPM
No it can not.
There was a thread, if I am correct a module and speaker would have to be added to the system.

The info may be here in this thread.

Old 03-20-2008, 02:07 PM
ADDICTED TO BOOST

Here is the scoop. I had a 2005 Crossfire Base Coupe and I took it to Huffines Chrysler in Plano, TX. I had a few things repaired under warranty...flaking paint on console and my alarm siren had begun to make a "cricket on crack" sound. My alarm had worked in the past, and never beeped or chirped when armed or disarmed. I got my car back and I had 3 very soft beeps when armed and 1 soft beep when disarmed. Very Cool...I cannot give the tech's name that worked on my car because I do not know it, but someone at Huffines Chrysler 972-867-6000 knows how to make it work. I do see on my service order that the alarm siren 1028006, FP number 5124443-AA was replaced. I do not know if those numbers will help, but I can confirm that my factory alarm now beeps/chirps when armed and disarmed.

You can search "Factory Alarm" for more discussions. My new SRT6 does not beep when the doors are locked....I am going to try and get the same dealership to change the alarm modual to the part number above and pretend like the one on the car "stopped" beeping and see if they will do it. When the part is replaced with the number above, it will beep when armed and disarmed.

Old 03-20-2008, 05:07 PM

Please please keep us up to date on this!!!!

If you can get info on this I think you will be one of the most popular folks on here..

Old 03-20-2008, 05:40 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Hangman
Please please keep us up to date on this!!!!

If you can get info on this I think you will be one of the most popular folks on here..
Ditto! Me too.

Old 03-20-2008, 07:51 PM
Forum Regular

I prefer it like it is.....

Old 03-21-2008, 12:12 AM
Forum Regular

I realize that some owners want the door lock alert and some don't. For those that do, I have found a way to get a lock/unlock alert by adding a cheap Radio Shack piezo buzzer to one of the circuits. The addition creates a tone burst that happens along with the blinking lights when the doors are locked or unlocked with the remote key fob. The volume and tone frequency can be varied by selecting the buzzer that fits your needs. Mine is a mild 2700 Hz tone. I promise that I will post more details and instructions with a few pics, etc. when time permits. My purchase was less than $3, a little bit of wire, and a couple of tyraps. A bit of experience, knowledge and confidence about wiring will also be necessary. It actually is a very easy install. Later!

Old 03-21-2008, 04:36 AM

GREAT! Look forward to this mod.

Old 03-21-2008, 05:54 AM

Originally Posted by corfire
I realize that some owners want the door lock alert and some don't. For those that do, I have found a way to get a lock/unlock alert by adding a cheap Radio Shack piezo buzzer to one of the circuits. The addition creates a tone burst that happens along with the blinking lights when the doors are locked or unlocked with the remote key fob. The volume and tone frequency can be varied by selecting the buzzer that fits your needs. Mine is a mild 2700 Hz tone. I promise that I will post more details and instructions with a few pics, etc. when time permits. My purchase was less than $3, a little bit of wire, and a couple of tyraps. A bit of experience, knowledge and confidence about wiring will also be necessary. It actually is a very easy install. Later!
This would be appreciated!
Thanks in advance!

Old 03-21-2008, 07:17 AM
Forum Regular
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm interested in this mod if I can find one with a very low volume chirp.

...... I have found a way to get a lock/unlock alert by adding a cheap Radio Shack piezo buzzer to one of the circuits. ......
If not I agree with Coupegirl.

Originally Posted by CoupeGirl
I prefer it like it is.....
Listening to horns blowing from all directions while walking across the parking lot at the mall is IMHO very annoying. Horns should be used to alert drivers of a hazard or to get someone's attention and for no other reason.

Old 03-21-2008, 04:24 PM
Forum Regular

I've attached a sound file of the Keyless Entry tone that I added to my Crossfire. I ended up opening the hood so you could here it a bit better. I choose a piezo 'buzzer' with a very low volume 2700 Hz tone, so that it isn't noticeable unless I am standing near the car. You can also here the click of the Keyless entry relay. Some might want it to be louder or a different sound, and that is certainly possible by choosing a different 'buzzer'! Mine is much much softer that a horn honk, loud alarm, or chirp that you often hear. The attachment is not the best sound bite, but gives an idea. I pressed the lock and unlock several times.

Hopefully, I can get some instructions and pictures posted in the next few days.
DARN! I tried attaching the 'wave file'. Apparently, this site doesn't recognize that type of file??

Edit: Here's a link instead. Thanks Smokey! http://www.esnips.com/web/XfireKeylessEntryTone

Last edited by corfire; 03-22-2008 at 11:11 PM.
Old 03-21-2008, 08:25 PM

I've attached a sound file of the Keyless Entry tone that I added to my Crossfire. I ended up opening the hood so you could here it a bit better. I choose a piezo 'buzzer' with a very low volume 2700 Hz tone, so that it isn't noticeable unless I am standing near the car. You can also here the click of the Keyless entry relay. Some might want it to be louder or a different sound, and that is certainly possible by choosing a different 'buzzer'! Mine is much much softer that a horn honk, loud alarm, or chirp that you often hear. The attachment is not the best sound bite, but gives an idea. I pressed the lock and unlock several times.

Hopefully, I can get some instructions and pictures posted in the next few days.

DARN! I tried attaching the 'wave file'. Apparently, this site doesn't recognize that type of file??

Create an account at http://www.esnips.com You can upload almost any file type and embed or post the URL anywhere. Looking forward to hearing the clip.

Old 03-21-2008, 11:37 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by smokey847
Create an account at http://www.esnips.com You can upload almost any file type and embed or post the URL anywhere. Looking forward to hearing the clip.
Thanks for the help. I think this link should take you to the sound wave file. In the audio, the relay 'clanking' seems to over power the tone a bit. That's not really the case. It's probably a frequency response thing with the audio recording?

http://www.esnips.com/web/XfireKeylessEntryTone

Last edited by corfire; 03-22-2008 at 11:09 PM.
Old 03-22-2008, 05:25 AM
Forum Regular
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

That is what I want. Can't wait until you are able to post pictures and instructions.

Old 03-22-2008, 11:41 AM
Exclamation Re: Audible door locking alert

Originally Posted by stlouistrucker
That is what I want. Can't wait until you are able to post pictures and instructions.
Me too!
Me too!

Quick Reply: Audible door locking alert