TSBs and How-To Articles This is for information on Technical Service Bulletins and for posting How-To Articles.

Replacement Crossfire Key UK

Old 08-26-2013, 10:23 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Replacement Crossfire Key UK

Dear all, please help.

I have lost my one and only Crossfire Key and am now unable to drive my car (actually my wife lost the key - soon to ex-wife unless I can get hold of a new key).

I have been trying to obtain a new key without any success.

I have contacted 'Remote Locks and Keys' in the US as they were recommended on the forum, but they are asking for actual mileage to be supplied by a photograph of the dashboard.

Of course I am struggling to do this as I dont have a key !!! I can arrange for locksmith to gain entry into the car, but I dont know if the mileage will show on the dash once the door is opened (can someone please advise).

Any other help or advise you can offer would be fantastic, as I have only had the car since Christmas and have loved driving it in the short time I have had it.

Please help to save my santity and possibly my marrage !!!!

Thanks,
Wayne,

Old 08-26-2013, 11:52 AM
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Replacement Crossfire Key UK

wayne if you can get the door open the mileage should come on along with the clock and temp. display it does in my car anyway...( i`m in the uk by the way )....best of luck, i feel your pain....chris

Old 08-26-2013, 12:01 PM

Hi All,
Am new to this forum, Just bought a CF 2004 from the UK with only 20000 miles, it only came with one Key and I need to get another one as here in Malta it's impossible to buy one. Any Help Please?

Thanks
Richard

Old 08-26-2013, 02:57 PM

Originally Posted by xfchris
wayne if you can get the door open the mileage should come on along with the clock and temp. display it does in my car anyway...( i`m in the uk by the way )....best of luck, i feel your pain....chris
Cheers Chris, I will get this sorted even if it kills me.

Old 08-26-2013, 03:00 PM

Originally Posted by Rich123
Hi All,
Am new to this forum, Just bought a CF 2004 from the UK with only 20000 miles, it only came with one Key and I need to get another one as here in Malta it's impossible to buy one. Any Help Please?

Thanks
Richard
Richard, it's not easy. I am working on it now, so will let you know when I've cracked it. Cheers Wayne.

Old 08-27-2013, 01:35 AM

Originally Posted by Wayne Fitzpatrick
Richard, it's not easy. I am working on it now, so will let you know when I've cracked it. Cheers Wayne.
Hi Wayne,

Thanks, yes do so please as I need to get one as well

Regards
Richard

Old 04-06-2016, 04:23 PM

Originally Posted by Wayne Fitzpatrick
Did you source a replacement key?? I have bought a XF with only one key and would like to buy a 2nd if possible too. thanks

Old 07-28-2016, 12:07 PM

Originally Posted by EbonyXF
Did you source a replacement key?? I have bought a XF with only one key and would like to buy a 2nd if possible too. thanks
Zombie thread resurrection right there

I'm in Ireland and I lost my only key a few weeks ago. I contacted Rob over at Needswings.com and he got me a new key direct from the Chrysler factory in the U.S. for $320 / €288 / £243. Express shipping was an extra $67 / €60 / £51, regular shipping is somewhere in the region of $40. Great guy to deal with and much cheaper than expected!

The non-U.S. version of the key wasn't available on the website at the time, but I emailed him and he sorted it out for me.

Old 07-28-2016, 12:20 PM
Received 375 Likes on 325 Posts

Originally Posted by YraggarY
Zombie thread resurrection right there

I'm in Ireland and I lost my only key a few weeks ago. I contacted Rob over at Needswings.com and he got me a new key direct from the Chrysler factory in the U.S. for $320 / €288 / £243. Express shipping was an extra $67 / €60 / £51, regular shipping is somewhere in the region of $40. Great guy to deal with and much cheaper than expected!

The non-U.S. version of the key wasn't available on the website at the time, but I emailed him and he sorted it out for me.

SUPER glad your BACK ON THE ROAD!