TSBs and How-To Articles This is for information on Technical Service Bulletins and for posting How-To Articles.

A Few Items the Dealer will not Resolve

Old 02-23-2005, 08:03 AM
Forum Regular
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: A Few Items the Dealer will not Resolve

I'll find out tomorrow but it sounds like the interior filter has broken. It rattles around like mad and makes an aweful noise when driving.

Old 02-26-2005, 04:08 AM

I had my light come on when it was way low I may have had a gallon of gas. It took very close to what oners manual says. You know we got along very well before those lights any way and we liked it .

Old 02-26-2005, 04:21 AM

I was told that a dealer to become a crossfire dealer took 7000 Dollars of extra equipment. And not counting the hand tools like torx. the mechanics own their own tools. The special tools are the diagnosis stuff. and expensive tooling, not hand tools.

Old 02-26-2005, 04:41 AM
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Oh I know. All I'm saying is these car's are way to over engineered. Its kind of like they only had one set of engine components, and have been trying to re- invent that same engine for the last 30 years. I think the roots are strong as can be but, I would just like to see them simplify what they have, and make it so an every day Experienced automotive person can work on it, and not have to take it to a certified MB mechanic. That's all.

Saldous, keep me informed with what the final result is, if you would be so kind. I think I might have the same problem. Does yours make the noise more so when its cold? Or is a constant noise. I have a noise, that I thought was just the vibraition of the rear heat shield. But it doesn't feel like its that far back. It feels like it is more twords the center of the car.

Old 04-07-2005, 07:26 PM

my gas light works also

Old 04-11-2005, 11:22 AM

Originally Posted by afwill78
Don't think anyone's gas guage lights up properly. Believe it is a design flaw.
I've seen my light as I leave the 1/8 tank level.

Old 04-12-2005, 11:57 AM
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

At the end of the day it's your car and if you're not happy with it take it back to the dealer and demand they fix said problems.
About the rear spoiler mine's dosen't come up until 65 MPH either but my fuel light works.
I also have wind noise on the drivers side and intend to get it seen to soon.
I only bought my car a few weeks ago.
It's 9 months old.
I only got one key with it but they have ordered a spare key for me and when I go into get it programmed I will bring up any concerns I have.
It is the most money I have ever spent on a car so I will not be taking no for an answer.
A car costing this amount of money or any amount of money for that matter should be 100% and if you dont get them fixed under warranty they will just bug you for for ever.

Norrie.

Old 04-12-2005, 07:02 PM

As far as the dome light.............. it's a known problem that the switch is faulty and is replaced under warranty.

FYI members, If you get new wheels your sensors will probably not function properly and will require the computer to be reprogramed which takes approx. three min.

Old 04-12-2005, 10:17 PM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Thumbs up Re: A Few Items the Dealer will not Resolve

Originally Posted by Steffen
windows switch have no light!
All switches in my 2005 Roadster Limited are illuminated.

Old 04-12-2005, 11:12 PM
Smile Re: A Few Items the Dealer will not Resolve

Originally Posted by spiitz
My gas light works flawlessly, every time. guess your just not extra special.
Mine goes on when just 2 gal. to left.

Old 04-17-2005, 11:04 AM

You need a new dealer to go over the list. If no help you need to contact regional rep and get these things resolved.

Old 04-17-2005, 12:30 PM

The actual fuel gage itself is not supposed to illuminate when it gets into the red zone. The red bar is not an illuminating bar. When it gets into this range a YELLOW FUEL ICON light comes on in the instrument display on the left side of the instrument cluster.

No the wing cannot be reprogrammed to my knowledge

The wind noise I had I learned to deal with but the dealer should check it out and replace weather seal just in case. But pardon i don't want to be rude, but ANY object traveling at 110 mph will have wind noise of some sort. Yes including LEXUS.

The stereo rattling your exterior mirror, both mine do that its normal especially if you have your bass setting high, its in the nature of the design, maybe its loose and they can look into it however if not it'll rattle.

The dim light on the inner switches can be 2 things:

1) Check your inner dimmer switch first and make sure its in it brightest mode

2) If the switch is in the bright mode then you might have a low battery or this could be part of the recall out by Mercedes including this engine with the voltage regulators and that can be the problem but can be easily fixed talk to your dealer. However when working properly these switches are not supposed to light up LEXUS bright like so don't expect too much when they are lit

The engine rattle after driving a while when at idle i had that and the dealer replace my lifters, rocker arms, shafts, seals twice

The dimming mechanism on the rearview mirror is not supposed to be quick. It dims at the rate the light of the vehicle behind you is shining through the sensor built in, if a car comes up on your rear-end at a high rate of speed with his lights on the sensor couldn't quite pick up quickly the light through its sensors that fast so it'll take a while for it to dim

The stereo has a MEMORY setting for both MODES: Stereo and CD.
If you set the BASS at +3 and the TREBLE at +5 while playing a CD and then switch to Stereo Mode the settings will no longer be Bass 3 and Treble 5 they will be defaulted to whatever you stored in the radio mode, however when you switch back to CD it'll be Bass +3 and Treble +5 until you change it you can store different settings for stereo and cd modes and the system will remember them everytime you switch between modes.

Last edited by BullFrog; 04-17-2005 at 12:41 PM.