TSBs and How-To Articles This is for information on Technical Service Bulletins and for posting How-To Articles.

Wireless backup camera installation

Old 05-28-2017, 09:46 PM
Forum Regular
Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts
Default Wireless backup camera installation

Okay, finally finished installing wireless backup camera in Limited convertible.The trunk part was easy. The wire for the back up light is Gray with Yellow stripe, although from the plug connector to the light they just use plain wires. I opted to pacth into the Gray and Yellow wire just before the pug connector.I ran the wiring to the camera under the trunk molding. I opted to mount the monitor on the dash with just a silicone pad. This monitor folds down when not in use if you want. I took off the front center console and heater/ac vent above . You can find instructions for this under, Heater-AC Speed Control Removal and Repair.pdf . There was supposed to be a grey and yellow backup wire in the wire bundle pictured below (the red arrow), located in the passenger foot well area on the left, but I couldn't locate it.
I decided to patch into the backup light wire behind the passenger seat. It is also a grey / yellow wire. Used a push pin and volt meter to verify the wire. Stripped a small section of the wire and soldiered a wire in ( pictures show a blue clip connector but I wasn't happy with that and soldiered it instead). Ran the wire under the door sill and behind the amplifier in the passenger foot well. Used one of the amplifier mounting screws as my ground. Sanded off the paint to get a good connection. Now my camera and monitor only come on when the car is in reverse. Having the monitor on the dash, doesn't seem to get in the way. The fact that it folds down helps. Hope this helps anyone else who is thinking of doing this.

Last edited by maggy55; 05-29-2017 at 02:08 AM.
Old 05-30-2017, 04:29 PM
cmz
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Wireless backup camera installation

Nice rite-up.

Old 05-30-2017, 06:30 PM
Received 543 Likes on 459 Posts

Nice right up, can you add the name of the back up camera kit? This would be very helpful helpful and I will put it in the thread on Crossfire Problems , Repairs and how To's.

Old 05-31-2017, 02:57 AM
Forum Regular
Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by onehundred80
Nice right up, can you add the name of the back up camera kit? This would be very helpful helpful and I will put it in the thread on Crossfire Problems , Repairs and how To's.

This is the kit I bought ,
Amazon Amazon

Old 06-01-2017, 04:18 PM
Received 375 Likes on 325 Posts

Originally Posted by cmz
Nice rite-up.

Right on! Nice WRITE-UP!

Old 06-01-2017, 08:07 PM
Received 543 Likes on 459 Posts

PDF added to my post on Crossfire How To's.
CLICK

Last edited by onehundred80; 06-01-2017 at 08:09 PM.