U.K. Serving all countries of the United Kingdom.

well well well

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2008, 04:40 PM
Forum Regular
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default well well well

Hi all Does this mean this little old island of ours has made it to the top table for once . I think you guys have been doing a great job with the UK meetings (you know who you are ) . Been thinking about that ECU remapping on the 3rd meet , But do i go remapping or S/B + new intakes , Any way getting our engine cover painted this week to match body & i think some new intakes would back that up nice ,will post pics when fitted .

Cheers

Andy

Old 04-11-2008, 04:29 AM
Forum Regular
Default Re: well well well

Hi Andy, just a reminder that the Sprint Booster does not increase the performance of your engine but fools it into thinking that your foot is pressing harder on the pedal than it actually is (this is not an insult, by all means it is a very good product).

The ECU remap on the other hand will give you more power/torque accross the rev range higher top end removal of speed limiter and if driven normally will even give you better fuel economy.

Regards Steve

Old 04-11-2008, 05:32 AM

Hi Stevieb
Checked our you gallery and noticed your nice chrome air intakes...For your info, there are chrome filler caps available, maybe on the UK site, if not its on the US one.

Have to say although the single tail pipe is fine, for me, I perfer the original twin pipes. Have you changed the whole system or just the back box?

When I first purchased the Xfire I had ideas of (somehow) keeping the original system, but changing the back end to two twin pipes( original design) one pair either side of the centre section. Still thinking about it, one day perhaps, when I'm out of warranty.

Look forward to meeting you in July.

Ken.

Last edited by UK ken; 04-11-2008 at 05:44 AM.
Old 04-11-2008, 05:42 AM
Forum Regular

Hi ken
Due to all these stupid new emission laws in our country at the moment i opted for having a cat back system made. It does look better in the flesh mind you and i was so surprised how restricted the OE back box is!

ive got a sound clip but it sounds awfull (NEVER USE CAMERA PHONES!)

i used a man in Bromley Kent to make it up for me as he had all the welding and mandral(spelling) bending equipment.

I really am so pleased with the end result, the sound is awesome!

oh yes and CHROME INTAKES!!!! polished alloy my son lol

Regards
Steve

Last edited by stevieb; 04-11-2008 at 04:27 PM.
Old 04-11-2008, 04:16 PM
Forum Regular

Hi StevieB

Old 04-11-2008, 04:24 PM
Forum Regular

yol Andy!
like i said wasnt putting the SB down its a good product, just saying if it hp you're after you will do better with a remap and intakes

regards
Steve

Old 04-11-2008, 04:30 PM
Forum Regular

Hi StevieB yea i could do with a little extra , But as the wife is still learning i need to keep it standard for a while , so i think i need to go the dress up route for the moment . not too sure about the S/B as we do a bit of town driving . But the remapping will be sometime in the furture . So its the paint on the cover + some nice intakes .

Cheers

Andy

Old 04-11-2008, 04:35 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by ZeroZero
Hi StevieB yea i could do with a little extra , But as the wife is still learning i need to keep it standard for a while , so i think i need to go the dress up route for the moment . not too sure about the S/B as we do a bit of town driving . But the remapping will be sometime in the furture . So its the paint on the cover + some nice intakes .

Cheers

Andy
no problem Andy,
have a look at my gallery and see my intakes, if you like them i could probably source you some. they are polished alloy and stainless steel.

gives a great sound from under the hood and quickens response.

regards
steve

Old 04-11-2008, 04:40 PM
Forum Regular

Hi StevieB would that be better than a kit like piper etc , You any idea of prices for intakes , I also read that you have a different rear exhuast pipes/box .

Cheers

Andy

Old 04-11-2008, 04:47 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by ZeroZero
Hi StevieB would that be better than a kit like piper etc , You any idea of prices for intakes , I also read that you have a different rear exhuast pipes/box .

Cheers

Andy
Andy,
Personally im not a fan of foam intakes like piper, but as the saying goes 'whatever floats your boat'.

for something like mine you are looking at just this side of £200.00

oh and btw they look so much cooler than foam

steve