U.K. Serving all countries of the United Kingdom.

Hello!

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2008, 09:39 AM
Forum Regular
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Hello!

Hi,
I’ve just been referred here by Beeblebrox - I'd just joined what is apparently a fairly inactive Yahoo group. I'm in the UK, and it seems that I'm in a fairly small minority there.

I'm a new Crossfire owner - I bought an '06 model last month. I upgraded from an eight year old Skoda Felicia - and the difference is incredible. I'm having to unlearn a lot of habits which worked in the Skoda but which aren’t necessary or just plain wrong in the Crossfire. It's a great car to drive - I've taken it all kinds of places the last four weekends. I work from home, so a daily commute doesn’t happen. I do some business driving, but the bulk of my car travels are leisure - and having a car that's comfortable to drive just adds to those trips. It's also a lot of fun to take out - I have been finding some pretty lame excuses to drive it places!

It's a bit of a head turner as well - I've noticed people looking at it as I drive it, and I’ve even been asked about it by a complete stranger. I've not had that kind of attention since I gave up the Morris Minor. Do Crossfire drivers wave at each other when they pass? When I had a Morris, it was the done thing. I can't say that I've shared the road with another Crossfire here (though there do seem to be a couple around the town).

Old 05-18-2008, 10:00 AM
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
Default Re: Hello!

Congrats and welcome to the forum, Do a search on the wave thing, there are a couple of threads on the subject.

Old 05-18-2008, 05:31 PM
Default Re: Hello!

Hi. I cannot answer your questions, but just wanted to send you a big hello and welcome from Texas!!!

Old 05-18-2008, 06:24 PM
Default Re: Hello! & Xfire wave

Check out the UK posts for info and pictures on the Xfire Wave!
Ken.

Old 05-19-2008, 12:46 PM
Forum Regular
Default Re: Hello! & Xfire wave

Originally Posted by UK ken
Check out the UK posts for info and pictures on the Xfire Wave!
Ken.
You do that wave when driving??

Old 05-19-2008, 09:58 PM
Forum Regular
Smile Re: Hello!

I'm glad you decided to join this forum, it is much more active than the other one ! As well as the social aspect there is a lot of information here which has helped me with decisions like tyres, looking after the car etc. I have posted on subjects like extended warranties to share any information i have. I use mine daily averaging about 12,000 miles per year now, so these things are important to me !

I'm going to the next meet in July which will be my first, looking forward to it and hope to see you there if you can make it.

cheers,

Paul

Old 05-20-2008, 03:25 AM
Default Re: Hello! the Wave!

Hi Paul..The Xfire wave started as a bit of fun. Like you with the Morris, I had a Marcos V6 and us owners always waved. I have used the Xfire Wave, and in return received some strange looks!! as its not the normal standard raised hand wave. Our wave is really a bit of fun between us current Xfire owners. Its more like the way the USA forces service's salute..but its make for a smile.

Cheers
Ken.

Old 05-20-2008, 07:30 AM
Forum Regular
Default Re: Hello! the Wave!

Originally Posted by UK ken
Hi Paul..The Xfire wave started as a bit of fun. Like you with the Morris, I had a Marcos V6 and us owners always waved. I have used the Xfire Wave, and in return received some strange looks!! as its not the normal standard raised hand wave. Our wave is really a bit of fun between us current Xfire owners. Its more like the way the USA forces service's salute..but its make for a smile.

Cheers
Ken.
Here we go. The Crossfire Wave

Jon