U.K. Serving all countries of the United Kingdom.

3D Glasses time

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2010, 03:44 PM
Forum Regular
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 3D Glasses time

More snow, and a new camera. Can you guess what it does?

Red/blue glasses required

Old 01-08-2010, 01:44 AM
Forum Regular
Default Re: 3D Glasses time

Cool works great with my 3D glasses ! Looking forwards to more.

Old 01-09-2010, 11:55 AM

Just tried the 3 d glasses were given when we went to Avatar in 3D which was, to say the least, amazing and well worth seeing. But the special glasses they gave us are different and look like Blues Brothers style sun glasses! I'll have to check out the pic again when I've had a few beers - see if that makes any different!
Cheers
Steve

Old 01-09-2010, 12:19 PM
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Steve, the avatar glasses will not work. You need glasses with 1 red lens, and 1 blue lens. I tried mine too.

Originally Posted by Steve - UK
Just tried the 3 d glasses were given when we went to Avatar in 3D which was, to say the least, amazing and well worth seeing. But the special glasses they gave us are different and look like Blues Brothers style sun glasses! I'll have to check out the pic again when I've had a few beers - see if that makes any different!
Cheers
Steve

Old 01-11-2010, 04:50 AM
Forum Regular

The Avatar glasses are very different to the red/cyan anaglyph glasses needed to see this image. Anaglyph images use colour filters to block certain colours from entering each eye. Your brain is fooled into seeing a 3D image by this, and there is inevitable colour and brightness loss.

The glasses you got for Avatar (or any 3D movie experience) uses polarised lenses. The cinema projects polarised light of differing kinds for the left and right images. The glasses filter these out. At the moment, computer displays aren’t capable of this, and if they were, your browser would have to support an image format which allowed for left/right frames to be sent separately.

I’ve been getting a bit geeky about this recently - the whole 3D thing is fascinating, and the new camera a fascinating thing to have (it has its own 3D display on the back too, which does not need eye wear to experience).

For a general collection of my anaglyph images to date, go here:
Anaglyph Photos - a set on Flickr

It’s a bit experimental in places as what you get out of the camera needs adjustment to make viewing through filtered lenses comfortable. I am playing around with this at the moment.

No specific Crossfire images, but lots of Chelmsford and Snow. I hope to bring the 3D camera to any Crossfire meets we have this year!