U.K. Serving all countries of the United Kingdom.

Christmas hols spoils driving!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2011, 03:43 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Christmas hols spoils driving!!!

I'm getting withdrawals here, not driven my xf since I finished work on the 23rd, if we're not having family & friends round ours & beer being taken were travelling the country to relatives i have never met & no clue who they are?....& vice versa....I'm determined to get a good run out & about tomorrow & couldn't happen sooner

Old 12-28-2011, 04:11 PM
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Christmas hols spoils driving!!!!!!!

Originally Posted by doggboy
I'm getting withdrawals here, not driven my xf since I finished work on the 23rd, if we're not having family & friends round ours & beer being taken were travelling the country to relatives i have never met & no clue who they are?....& vice versa....I'm determined to get a good run out & about tomorrow & couldn't happen sooner
know what you mean mate...and glad your enjoying your car now..

Old 12-29-2011, 02:49 AM
Wink Re: Christmas hols spoils driving!!!!!!!

i managed to get out from Northampton to Boune in Linconshire yesterday, great dry roads and blew cobwebs away, and had the top down, with heated seats and heating doing the job admirally well, the sun was out too!

Last edited by cheffyuk; 12-29-2011 at 02:52 AM.
Old 12-29-2011, 03:01 AM
Thumbs up Re: Christmas hols spoils driving!!!!!!!

Originally Posted by cheffyuk
i managed to get out from Northampton to Boune in Linconshire yesterday, great dry roads and blew cobwebs away, and had the top down, with heated seats and heating doing the job admirally well, the sun was out too!
Sounds great, thinking about a roadster now.....drive mine through the worst winter months then go for a soft top before the summer.
Did they do a soft top in black as I haven't seen one on any car sales websites?

Looking forward to a good drive out later

Old 12-29-2011, 03:05 AM
Talking Re: Christmas hols spoils driving!!!!!!!

Just answered my own question, a black soft top has come onto auto trader, not a million miles away from me to.....tempted but not yet

Old 12-29-2011, 03:15 AM

Just answered my own question, a black soft top has come onto auto trader, not a million miles away from me to.....tempted but not yet
correct ,i seen a few and was tempted myself, but i have a black dodge journey so would have been overkill, i opted for the blue which i love, also the advantage of the soft top apart fron the obvious sunny reason is you really hear the V6 roar when you put your foot down

Old 12-29-2011, 03:33 AM
Thumbs up Re: Christmas hols spoils driving!!!!!!!

correct ,i seen a few and was tempted myself, but i have a black dodge journey so would have been overkill, i opted for the blue which i love, also the advantage of the soft top apart fron the obvious sunny reason is you really hear the V6 roar when you put your foot down
Ahh good point, never thought about that....the coupe be it a little more practical loses a bit in the fun factor stakes, although I'm on the beginning of my xf owning voyage I can forsee a varied but fun future

Old 12-29-2011, 05:10 AM

Went out christmas morning about 10ish - roof down, flying helmets and a bit of tinsel Gave a few people a good laugh! Even swmbo said it wasn't cold. Soft top in winter is no problem in the uk - got to minus 16c here last year and it was ok going to work in it. Also for some strange reason the car drives better with the roof down - may be pyschological but it seems real

Old 12-29-2011, 08:02 AM

Originally Posted by muskrat
Went out christmas morning about 10ish - roof down, flying helmets and a bit of tinsel Gave a few people a good laugh! Even swmbo said it wasn't cold. Soft top in winter is no problem in the uk - got to minus 16c here last year and it was ok going to work in it. Also for some strange reason the car drives better with the roof down - may be pyschological but it seems real
PMSL driving with a flying helmet on with tinsel, i should think anythings real in your world, at least i was wearing a santas hat!

Old 12-29-2011, 01:47 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by muskrat
any photos?

Old 12-29-2011, 03:45 PM

They would be scary photos Honest I had me pants on too

Old 01-02-2012, 12:10 PM
Thumbs up Re: Christmas hols spoils driving!!!

Well just fell in love with my xf that little bit more, nice family day out today....got back & thought "back at work tomorrow I'm going to take my xf out for a blast & a final bit of fun before the mundanity of work sets in" & boy did I have fun....no radio on just listened to the noise & it was great.
I'm not one to drive like an idiot but I did let it rip today & got 140 out of her (felt like I was cruising at 70) before I was rudely held up by traffic lol Forgive me people.
I found the grip excellent & steering actually wasn't to bad, infact I thought it responded well....overall a thouroghly good day today, which I will top off by jumping in the bath with little'one for a wash (play time really...don't tell mum ) then a nice meal & I may even chuck a couple of bottles of hobgoblin down my neck

Happy new year one & all & best wishes for the forthcoming year.

Cheers

Rob.

p.s. I now fancy a roadster so I can hear the roar a little more

Old 01-03-2012, 01:59 PM
Forum Regular
Default Re: Christmas hols spoils driving!!!

Well just fell in love with my xf that little bit more, nice family day out today....got back & thought "back at work tomorrow I'm going to take my xf out for a blast & a final bit of fun before the mundanity of work sets in" & boy did I have fun....no radio on just listened to the noise & it was great.
I'm not one to drive like an idiot but I did let it rip today & got 140 out of her (felt like I was cruising at 70) before I was rudely held up by traffic lol Forgive me people.
I found the grip excellent & steering actually wasn't to bad, infact I thought it responded well....overall a thouroghly good day today, which I will top off by jumping in the bath with little'one for a wash (play time really...don't tell mum ) then a nice meal & I may even chuck a couple of bottles of hobgoblin down my neck

Happy new year one & all & best wishes for the forthcoming year.

Cheers

Rob.

p.s. I now fancy a roadster so I can hear the roar a little more
on a private road

Old 01-03-2012, 02:31 PM

well yesterday,the sun was shining, and i gave the car a good clean and polish, it looked immaculate, and thought it would be rude not to take her out for a cruise with the roof down , heated seats on, heating full blast, and took in a few county lanes i so can't wait for the nice weather, ive only experienced bright cold days so am looking foward to the tshirts shorts and sandals , and of course meeting a few of you guys enroute!

glad your enjoying the car Rob,sounds like you've had a bit of a journey getting where you are with it

Attached Thumbnails Christmas hols spoils driving!!!-photo.jpg  
Old 01-03-2012, 03:33 PM

well yesterday,the sun was shining, and i gave the car a good clean and polish, it looked immaculate, and thought it would be rude not to take her out for a cruise with the roof down , heated seats on, heating full blast, and took in a few county lanes i so can't wait for the nice weather, ive only experienced bright cold days so am looking foward to the tshirts shorts and sandals , and of course meeting a few of you guys enroute!

glad your enjoying the car Rob,sounds like you've had a bit of a journey getting where you are with it
Well to be honest the nightmare returned overnight, lashed it down here and the leak returned its the rubber boot (on the right hand side) that protects the wiring next to the hinge on the boot/trunk lid...it keeps popping out of the hole that it sits in then leaves a gap where the water finds the wires then travels into the car, I need to forget about sticking the rubber boot down and somehow seal the hole up, any suggestions anyone
other than that It's a bloody great car, love driving it...especially with new tyres on.
Love the pictures of your motor buddy, looks an absolute gem......would you mind if I asked how much you paid...mileage, year etc....as I'm thinking about getting a roadster version now

Old 01-03-2012, 03:45 PM

Well to be honest the nightmare returned overnight, lashed it down here and the leak returned its the rubber boot (on the right hand side) that protects the wiring next to the hinge on the boot/trunk lid...it keeps popping out of the hole that it sits in then leaves a gap where the water finds the wires then travels into the car, I need to forget about sticking the rubber boot down and somehow seal the hole up, any suggestions anyone
other than that It's a bloody great car, love driving it...especially with new tyres on.
Love the pictures of your motor buddy, looks an absolute gem......would you mind if I asked how much you paid...mileage, year etc....as I'm thinking about getting a roadster version now

i paid £7500 from a dealer, 18000 miles with new mot, new tyres and full service history, i think on reflection i have paid top wack for it, but to be fair i wanted trouble free motoring and i think that i have an absolute gem of a car, and when you think what they start out at i reckon ive got a bargin, so good luck with yours, i know its been a pain but stick at it if you can because for the money you paid you have incredible value for money!

Old 01-03-2012, 03:58 PM
Thumbs up Re: Christmas hols spoils driving!!!

i paid £7500 from a dealer, 18000 miles with new mot, new tyres and full service history, i think on reflection i have paid top wack for it, but to be fair i wanted trouble free motoring and i think that i have an absolute gem of a car, and when you think what they start out at i reckon ive got a bargin, so good luck with yours, i know its been a pain but stick at it if you can because for the money you paid you have incredible value for money!
Don't blame you buddy, looks like you got an absolute gem there, is it a darker blue than my grey/blue coupé...looks a nice deeper blue in your pics, haven't come across one that colour before.
To be fair with my motor to I haven't had to pay a penny fixing thus far as the dealer put new tyres on, re-attached the rubber boot (but popped off again), sorted air bag problem out...so if it costs a few bob to fix i'll still have a good deal, interior is in great condition, paintwork is great...ally's have a few curb marks but will sort out at some point, full service history, low mileage...so yeah for the price I have a bargain on my hands, just little niggles I'm slowly sorting out.