U.K. Serving all countries of the United Kingdom.

Tonneau Side Flap Cable

  #1 (permalink)  
Old 06-01-2012, 05:36 PM
martyn's Avatar
Thread Starter
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 46
Default Tonneau Side Flap Cable

Can anyone help? The Near side Tonneau Side Flap Cable has snapped on my Roadster and I have tried several Chrysler Dealers but none have one in stock, several have it on "back order" but with no definite delivery date. The inner cable has seized up and a replacement inner and outer cable is required. I know this is a very longshot but does anyone know where I may find one.

Many thanks

Martyn
 
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 06-01-2012, 06:31 PM
onehundred80's Avatar
Senior Member
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Caledon, Ontario
Age: 79
Posts: 21,323
Default Re: Tonneau Side Flap Cable

Originally Posted by martyn View Post
Can anyone help? The Near side Tonneau Side Flap Cable has snapped on my Roadster and I have tried several Chrysler Dealers but none have one in stock, several have it on "back order" but with no definite delivery date. The inner cable has seized up and a replacement inner and outer cable is required. I know this is a very longshot but does anyone know where I may find one.

Many thanks

Martyn
I do believe that some people made their own using bike brake cables.
Much cheaper I bet.
 
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 06-01-2012, 06:39 PM
ala_xfire's Avatar
Senior Member
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Lineville, AL
Age: 74
Posts: 11,413
Default Re: Tonneau Side Flap Cable

This site list them for $93.50 :
CABLE. Tonneau Side Flap. for CHRYSLER CROSSFIRE (2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2011) (05140962AA)

Me ?, I'd remove the cable, coil it up and soak it overnight in WD40 or similar ....
Might free it up and save you the $$$
 
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 06-02-2012, 03:34 AM
martyn's Avatar
Thread Starter
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 46
Default Re: Tonneau Side Flap Cable

Many thanks for the replies.

From looking at other posts it seems that these cables will be an ongoing problem

I'll update as things progress

Many thanks

Martyn
 
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 06-02-2012, 03:37 AM
martyn's Avatar
Thread Starter
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 46
Default Re: Tonneau Side Flap Cable

Originally Posted by alaxfire View Post
This site list them for $93.50 :
CABLE. Tonneau Side Flap. for CHRYSLER CROSSFIRE (2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2011) (05140962AA)

Me ?, I'd remove the cable, coil it up and soak it overnight in WD40 or similar ....
Might free it up and save you the $$$
Hi alaxfire

I emailed that site yesterday asking if they would ship to the UK but so far haven't had a reply

Thank you for the link

Martyn
 
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 06-02-2012, 03:40 AM
martyn's Avatar
Thread Starter
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 46
Default Re: Tonneau Side Flap Cable

Originally Posted by onehundred80 View Post
I do believe that some people made their own using bike brake cables.
Much cheaper I bet.

Hi onehundred80

This is an idea that will be pursued, thank you for the tip

Cheers

Martyn
 

Last edited by martyn; 06-02-2012 at 07:34 AM.
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 06-02-2012, 03:23 PM
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 72
Default Re: Tonneau Side Flap Cable

Got two from Course and Beacham chrysler in southampton within a week a couple of months back .
 
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 06-03-2012, 04:54 AM
martyn's Avatar
Thread Starter
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 46
Default Re: Tonneau Side Flap Cable

Originally Posted by shedman View Post
Got two from Course and Beacham chrysler in southampton within a week a couple of months back .
Many thanks, I will try them after the Bank Holiday

Martyn
 
  #9 (permalink)  
Old 09-03-2014, 10:33 AM
RED DOG's Avatar
Senior Member
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Key Largo FL . . . The fabulous Florida Keys
Age: 70
Posts: 2,532
Default Re: Tonneau Side Flap Cable

Long story short, I ended up having to buy a complete convertible top with all its framework from a salvage yard. This because I needed a new "bow molding" (the rubber molding that goes around the back "bow" of the convertible top) and that part is no longer available from Chrysler. So I ended up with lots of top parts available . . . hydraulic cylinders, cables latch parts etc and TWO of the OEM tonneau cover flap cables. ONE complete cable with fittings is $50.00 delivered to your door. Contact me directly at [email protected] if you need one. I only have two . . . THANKS, Bob Davis
 
  #10 (permalink)  
Old 09-03-2014, 11:00 AM
martyn's Avatar
Thread Starter
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 46
Default Re: Tonneau Side Flap Cable

Originally Posted by RED DOG View Post
Long story short, I ended up having to buy a complete convertible top with all its framework from a salvage yard. This because I needed a new "bow molding" (the rubber molding that goes around the back "bow" of the convertible top) and that part is no longer available from Chrysler. So I ended up with lots of top parts available . . . hydraulic cylinders, cables latch parts etc and TWO of the OEM tonneau cover flap cables. ONE complete cable with fittings is $50.00 delivered to your door. Contact me directly at [email protected] if you need one. I only have two . . . THANKS, Bob Davis
Hi Bob

Many thanks for your reply. I did manage to get a cable sent to the UK from a mate in Galveston, Texas he managed to get one from a Chrysler dealer in Georgia USA

Kind regards

Martyn
 
  #11 (permalink)  
Old 11-16-2014, 07:35 AM
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: gravesend, kent. uk
Posts: 1
Default Re: Tonneau Side Flap Cable

Just received a replacement cable from Course and Beacham Chrysler in Southampton. Very helpful and it only took four days although did cost 84 inc p&p. Only worry is do I attempt to fit it or pay out for an "expert". Has anyone replaced this part themselves and, if so, how difficult was it?
UPDATE - Local garage had a look and said they could deal with it as not too complicated to replace cable. Took half an hour and they charged me 30 so very happy now.
 

Last edited by mickw; 06-11-2015 at 11:51 AM. Reason: Forgot to add an update at the time
  #12 (permalink)  
Old 02-18-2018, 05:10 PM
martyn's Avatar
Thread Starter
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 46
Default Re: Tonneau Side Flap Cable

I have a new unused tonneau side flap cable for sale. Cost is 80 + 10 Royal Mail Special Delivery.

Sale to the UK only

Please send PM for further details

Many thanks

Martyn
 
  #13 (permalink)  
Old 02-21-2018, 04:30 PM
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Marine, il 62061
Age: 73
Posts: 138
Default Re: Tonneau Side Flap Cable

Are the cables breaking from age or from lack of lubrication?
 
  #14 (permalink)  
Old 02-21-2018, 06:45 PM
martyn's Avatar
Thread Starter
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 46
Default Re: Tonneau Side Flap Cable

Originally Posted by dcskmail View Post
Are the cables breaking from age or from lack of lubrication?
Many thanks for your reply but I have a brand new cable set for sale

Cheers

Martyn
 
  #15 (permalink)  
Old 03-15-2018, 10:28 AM
martyn's Avatar
Thread Starter
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 46
Default Re: Tonneau Side Flap Cable

I am surprised that no one needs one of these cables, this one came from the US but I never used it. I have sold my Crossfire and no longer need the cable

Cheers

Martyn
 
  #16 (permalink)  
Old 03-15-2018, 12:12 PM
RED DOG's Avatar
Senior Member
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Key Largo FL . . . The fabulous Florida Keys
Age: 70
Posts: 2,532
Default Re: Tonneau Side Flap Cable

Greeting in the UK,

I am a buyer but you'll need to ship it (back) across the big pond. Let me know how much total in US dollars. Payment via PayPal.

Thanks,
Bob Davis (Red Dog)
 
  #17 (permalink)  
Old 03-15-2018, 04:11 PM
ala_xfire's Avatar
Senior Member
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Lineville, AL
Age: 74
Posts: 11,413
Default Re: Tonneau Side Flap Cable

Originally Posted by RED DOG View Post
Greeting in the UK,

I am a buyer but you'll need to ship it (back) across the big pond. Let me know how much total in US dollars. Payment via PayPal.

Thanks,
Bob Davis (Red Dog)
Hey Bob, have you tried that motorcycle cable luber I posted about years back ?
Worked for me

Carb cleaner first, then compressed air, then teflon lube.

PS: It's kinda messy.

https://www.denniskirk.com/28910.sku...ad=45713335837


 

Last edited by ala_xfire; 03-15-2018 at 04:17 PM.
  #18 (permalink)  
Old 03-15-2018, 06:36 PM
martyn's Avatar
Thread Starter
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 46
Default Re: Tonneau Side Flap Cable

Originally Posted by RED DOG View Post
Greeting in the UK,

I am a buyer but you'll need to ship it (back) across the big pond. Let me know how much total in US dollars. Payment via PayPal.

Thanks,
Bob Davis (Red Dog)
Hi Bob

PM sent

Cheers

Martyn
 
  #19 (permalink)  
Old 03-16-2018, 08:42 AM
RED DOG's Avatar
Senior Member
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Key Largo FL . . . The fabulous Florida Keys
Age: 70
Posts: 2,532
Default Re: Tonneau Side Flap Cable

Originally Posted by ala_xfire View Post
Hey Bob, have you tried that motorcycle cable luber I posted about years back ?
Worked for me

Carb cleaner first, then compressed air, then teflon lube.
Hi Dr. George, I just ordered that cable luber piece. I will lube up all my cables as soon as I get it. Thanks for refreshing my memory about that . . .

Best regards,
Bob Davis (Red Dog)

PS - I don't see you signed up for Eureka Springs yet???
 
  #20 (permalink)  
Old 03-16-2018, 08:43 AM
RED DOG's Avatar
Senior Member
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Key Largo FL . . . The fabulous Florida Keys
Age: 70
Posts: 2,532
Default Re: Tonneau Side Flap Cable

Martyn's cable is still available. I had to pass on the purchase . . .

Bob Davis (Red Dog)
 

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Tonneau Side Flap Cable


Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.