U.K. Serving all countries of the United Kingdom.

Owners in South Yorkshire ?

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2013, 06:22 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Owners in South Yorkshire ?

Help needed... At last I've located a Black Coupe that rings all the bells I'm looking for.

I'm located on the South Coast, so to far for a viewing.

Any xfire owners living within easy distance of "Rotherham, South Yorkshire" that would be prepared to visit and check the xfire over for me? I'm happy to pay fuel costs.

UKKen

Old 03-06-2013, 07:11 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Owners in South Yorkshire ?

Do you have a link Ken?
Its not too far from me and dont mind taking a look for you.
My wife is going to be working there from end of month and she says its only 40 mins away.

Old 03-06-2013, 10:22 AM

Originally Posted by Russ59
Do you have a link Ken?
Its not too far from me and dont mind taking a look for you.
My wife is going to be working there from end of month and she says its only 40 mins away.
Thanks Russ...Good to chat again, and thanks for arranging to check out the xfire.

UKKen

Old 03-08-2013, 10:24 AM

[QUOTE=UK ken;727906]Thanks Russ...Good to chat again, and thanks for arranging to check out the xfire.
UKKen

[/QUOTE

Crossfire Black Coupe 2006 excellent condition and inspected by Russ ( a big thanks)...who phoned me his views..no problems.

Well there was one. The price was a pound short of £7000.00..Garage would not budge on price. I said I would purchas it if 6 moths tax was added..no deal, and only 31 days warrenty included. Most garages allow for a little bartering in the price...very strange.

There will be others, and I'm truely not in a rush, so I passed on this one.

UKKen

]

Old 03-08-2013, 11:56 AM
Forum Regular

[QUOTE=UK ken;728258][QUOTE=UK ken;727906]Thanks Russ...Good to chat again, and thanks for arranging to check out the xfire.
UKKen

[/QUOTE

Crossfire Black Coupe 2006 excellent condition and inspected by Russ ( a big thanks)...who phoned me his views..no problems.

Well there was one. The price was a pound short of £7000.00..Garage would not budge on price. I said I would purchas it if 6 moths tax was added..no deal, and only 31 days warrenty included. Most garages allow for a little bartering in the price...very strange.

UKKen

7 grand!!!!!!! did it have solid gold wheels? That is far too much money Ken. must admit tho, very supprised they let you walk for the sake of a couple hundred quids worth of road tax

Old 03-08-2013, 12:39 PM

Its a shame they wouldnt budge on the price Ken because like I told you on the phone the car was fine but way too overpriced.

If a black (or possibly red) roadster comes available anytime, mine will be on offer again.

Old 03-08-2013, 12:47 PM

I completely forgot to mention to you Ken, not that it matters now but it also has a original boot blind/cover fitted.

Old 03-09-2013, 08:55 AM

[quote=UK ken;728258]
Originally Posted by UK ken
Thanks Russ...Good to chat again, and thanks for arranging to check out the xfire.
UKKen

[/QUOTE

UKKen

]
Hi Ken - they say you have to be prepared to travel to get the right car.

Chrysler Crossfire 3.2 V6 2DR TWO OWNERS 14000 MILES 2007

This one's been listed for a while at silly money - and I expect you've already dismissed it if only for location but, despite the price, it does look very good - and seriously low mileage.
Although it's a about as far from you as it could be, have you considered it - spoken to the seller, etc?
If it was a serious possibility, I go to Edinburgh about once a month and could extend one of my trips to check it out for you. Just a thought, if it helps...
Chris

Old 03-09-2013, 11:11 AM

[quote=crosscats;728363]

Hi Ken - they say you have to be prepared to travel to get the right car.

Chrysler Crossfire 3.2 V6 2DR TWO OWNERS 14000 MILES 2007

This one's been listed for a while at silly money - and I expect you've already dismissed it if only for location but, despite the price, it does look very good - and seriously low mileage.
Although it's a about as far from you as it could be, have you considered it - spoken to the seller, etc?
If it was a serious possibility, I go to Edinburgh about once a month and could extend one of my trips to check it out for you. Just a thought, if it helps...
Chris
Thanks Chris...Had not seen it and thanks for thre nod. But I'm only looking at the auto box xfires..getting lazy in my old age.

UKKen

Old 03-09-2013, 12:21 PM

[quote=UK ken;728378]
Originally Posted by crosscats

Thanks Chris...Had not seen it and thanks for thre nod. But I'm only looking at the auto box xfires..getting lazy in my old age.

UKKen
Sorry Ken, I think I knew that and assumed I was only looking at autos but this one slipped through the net - still, very nice car - sure you can't be persuaded?! Or just go for an SRT...

Old 03-09-2013, 01:26 PM

[quote=crosscats;728390]

Sorry Ken, I think I knew that and assumed I was only looking at autos but this one slipped through the net - still, very nice car - sure you can't be persuaded?! Or just go for an SRT...

I've never really considered an SRT6, as I've always felt the standard xfire is more suited to the 3.2 lump. It has resonable speed, fairly comfortable ride and easy on the gas. And in my view, looks more stylish without the huge wing on the rear.

So I tend to agree with Steve uk's earlier thread, and his reasons for regreating changing to an SRT6. I relize I'm in for some serious stick from you SRT6 owners..but it just my view.

UKKen

Old 03-09-2013, 02:12 PM

[quote=UK ken;728397]
Originally Posted by crosscats
[/SIZE]

I've never really considered an SRT6, as I've always felt the standard xfire is more suited to the 3.2 lump. It has resonable speed, fairly comfortable ride and easy on the gas. And in my view, looks more stylish without the huge wing on the rear.

So I tend to agree with Steve uk's earlier thread, and his reasons for regreating changing to an SRT6. I relize I'm in for some serious stick from you SRT6 owners..but it just my view.

UKKen
Sure, as is often said, each to his own - I just know I'm glad I went for an SRT (so far!) but I'm with you on the wing - one of the best features of the XF is definitely that rear shape which it hides to some extent - but it doesn't seem to look as big as it used to - must be getting used to it. Everything else is great, the ride is not particularly hard and it's not much thirstier in normal use - just nice to have all that power when you need it and, being black, it is VERY fast... And they're all autos - don't let SteveUK's little aberration put you off!