U.K. Serving all countries of the United Kingdom.

New Facebook Page?

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2014, 06:08 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation New Facebook Page?

Rumour has it someone has set up a another Facebook page for UK Crossfires - does any know anything about it, or seen it or know its address ? ? ?

Old 01-03-2014, 08:04 AM
Forum Regular
Default Re: New Facebook Page?

Yes it's me, it's not another page it is a group, UK Crossfire Owners Group. I have done it in an attempt at getting more UK owners involved with ukcrossfire meets in 2014.

Last edited by UK-SRT6; 01-03-2014 at 08:10 AM.
Old 01-03-2014, 11:33 AM

Originally Posted by UK-SRT6
Yes it's me, it's not another page it is a group, UK Crossfire Owners Group. I have done it in an attempt at getting more UK owners involved with ukcrossfire meets in 2014.

AS you well know, the UK Crossfire Group already has a Facebook site which exists for that very purpose - why would we need another. Confused ? - yes!

Old 01-03-2014, 01:04 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Steve - UK
AS you well know, the UK Crossfire Group already has a Facebook site which exists for that very purpose - why would we need another. Confused ? - yes!

Why do you think you have the sole right to communicate with other owners?? who is the WE???

No one uses it!!!!! and a Group is more user friendly than a page!!! Why are you always against anyone trying to generate interest in ukcrossfires???? does it really matter how we do it??? as long as we get owners involved!! get you head out of the sand Steve, owners are now using FB a lot more, they wish to communicate with each other not just return emails with the chosen few!!

There are a lot of UK and EU owners enjoying some good banter and exchanging useful information on Chrysler Crossfire Owners (which is world wide) on FB, my UK splinter group is purely there hopefully to get more UK owner to attend more events, it has not been set up to compete!!!

If you don't like it, TUFF!!!

Rant over! Happy New Year

Last edited by UK-SRT6; 01-03-2014 at 01:08 PM.
Old 01-03-2014, 02:38 PM

Why do you think you have the sole right to communicate with other owners?? who is the WE???

No one uses it!!!!! and a Group is more user friendly than a page!!! Why are you always against anyone trying to generate interest in ukcrossfires???? does it really matter how we do it??? as long as we get owners involved!! get you head out of the sand Steve, owners are now using FB a lot more, they wish to communicate with each other not just return emails with the chosen few!!

There are a lot of UK and EU owners enjoying some good banter and exchanging useful information on Chrysler Crossfire Owners (which is world wide) on FB, my UK splinter group is purely there hopefully to get more UK owner to attend more events, it has not been set up to compete!!!

If you don't like it, TUFF!!!

Rant over! Happy New Year

Sorry you feel the need to rant Mo. How can setting up a "UK splinter group" get more owners to UK Crossfire meets? Surely all a Splinter Group will do is divide, not unite. My heads not in the sand - I raised this solely because I'm concerned about the confusion this can cause which doesn't help anyone. Good luck with the site and Happy New Year!!!

Old 01-05-2014, 06:00 AM
Forum Regular

Steve, if you had bothered to look at the new FB group page you would have seen that the group description was promoting ukcrossfires.co.uk,
I never said it was a UK splinter group but was a splinter group from the World wide covered FB group.

As you, and probably the rest of the ukcrossfires.co.uk elders are against having anything to do with the new Face Book Group, which by the way is just a means of communicating not a rival "club" I have now removed any links.

I just don't understand why you and ukcrossfires are against moving with the times, or letting people with the enthusiasm and willingness to get things moving to help!!! or is it just against anything that I suggest or do??? (seems that way)

Anyway, due to your negative reaction once again to something positive that I have tried to get going I intend to bow out and will no longer have any involvement with ukcrossfires.co.uk or it's meets.

Old 01-05-2014, 02:51 PM

Mo, Don't stop attending UK Crossfire meets, you're be truly missed by many.

I'm not a FB user, but I do feel the more coverage we have regarding our crossfire group the better. Very few owners use this forum for general chat, so other options can only be beneficial to the UK crossfire group.

For various reasons , its not been possible currently to have a general forum within the main UK Crossfire wed page. But I do believe this is under consideration.

Stick with us Mo.

UKKen

Steve, if you had bothered to look at the new FB group page you would have seen that the group description was promoting ukcrossfires.co.uk,
I never said it was a UK splinter group but was a splinter group from the World wide covered FB group.

As you, and probably the rest of the ukcrossfires.co.uk elders are against having anything to do with the new Face Book Group, which by the way is just a means of communicating not a rival "club" I have now removed any links.

I just don't understand why you and ukcrossfires are against moving with the times, or letting people with the enthusiasm and willingness to get things moving to help!!! or is it just against anything that I suggest or do??? (seems that way)

Anyway, due to your negative reaction once again to something positive that I have tried to get going I intend to bow out and will no longer have any involvement with ukcrossfires.co.uk or it's meets.

Old 01-06-2014, 01:32 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by UK ken
Mo, Don't stop attending UK Crossfire meets, you're be truly missed by many.

I'm not a FB user, but I do feel the more coverage we have regarding our crossfire group the better. Very few owners use this forum for general chat, so other options can only be beneficial to the UK crossfire group.

For various reasons , its not been possible currently to have a general forum within the main UK Crossfire wed page. But I do believe this is under consideration.

Stick with us Mo.

UKKen

Thanks Ken, Afraid I've had enough now of being shouted down every time I try and do something positive to promote the group. Especially when the shouting is being done by someone who doesn't even own a Crossfire!!!! ooooower! that was a bit bitchy! lol

We will still be attending the Southern Crossfires Sunday Lunch meets. And I will be organising the odd meet for some of the more die hard owners who want a bit more excitement!!!!

see you on 2nd Feb

love to Jane