U.K. Serving all countries of the United Kingdom.

New here!

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2014, 06:34 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New here!

Hi everyone,

I have been reading this forum with interest for a little while now. I have always loved the crossfire, and yesterday I became the proud and slightly overexcited owner of one!

Its a 2006 coupe in black, with 57k on the clock. Spent most of the day driving it around, despite the fact I should really be working! Early days but so far i absolutely love it!!

Will post some pics soon if anyone would like to see.

The only thing I have an issue with is that both headlamps have condensation on the inside. I have been reading that this is a known problem so want to get this sorted asap. I also would like to replace the stereo too... though took it to halfords today and they said they didn't want to touch it!

Anyway, thought I would introduce myself!

John

Old 01-12-2014, 06:42 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: New here!

Congrats on the purchase! There are some great owners over there in the UK. Enjoy the perma-grin!

Old 01-12-2014, 07:43 PM
pct

Welcome to the gang, they are very underrated cars and always a joy to drive, with regards to performance, handling, interior space etc they have just enough of everything in my opinion, mine is mainly a weekend toy and I always look forward to getting it out for a blast.

The headlight misting is a known problem, my nearside lense was misty when I bought it, I found one of the rubber bungs missing and replaced this with a vented plug from the brewery industry which happened to fit the stub perfectly, the missing one was at the top and right in line with the gap between the wing and the edge of the bonnet and I reckon when rainwater was running down the channel some was going into the headlight through the exposed stub

Despite drying it out with the vent plugs removed and a hairdryer on the lense, and then fitting the replacement bung it initially kept coming back for a few months but then suddenly seemed to clear itself and has been ok for the past 6 months.

Old 01-12-2014, 08:10 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Congrats on the purchase of your Crossfire and welcome to the forum. I smiled when I read you were ditching work to drive your car. Same for me. I actually got out of bed in the middle of the first night for another run. I have had my coupe for going on 7 years and the excitement of the drive is still there. Good luck with you car.

Old 01-12-2014, 09:05 PM
Received 512 Likes on 353 Posts

Welcome to the looney club. We are your support group and will help share the pain of your new addiction.

I bought my 2006 brand new some 600 miles away. Around trip of 10 hours each way plus a few at the dealer.it was along day. We got home exhausted but after only 4 hours sleep, I could not wait any longer to get back into the driver's seat. My relationship with the Crossfire has been the same ever since.

There is quite a few folks here with the same problem. So you are in good (although some would say bad)company.

Welcome.

Last edited by Franc Rauscher; 01-12-2014 at 09:12 PM.
Old 01-13-2014, 10:36 AM
Received 23 Likes on 13 Posts

Welcome to the family!!

Old 01-13-2014, 11:44 AM

Originally Posted by pct
Welcome to the gang, they are very underrated cars and always a joy to drive, with regards to performance, handling, interior space etc they have just enough of everything in my opinion, mine is mainly a weekend toy and I always look forward to getting it out for a blast.

The headlight misting is a known problem, my nearside lense was misty when I bought it, I found one of the rubber bungs missing and replaced this with a vented plug from the brewery industry which happened to fit the stub perfectly, the missing one was at the top and right in line with the gap between the wing and the edge of the bonnet and I reckon when rainwater was running down the channel some was going into the headlight through the exposed stub

Despite drying it out with the vent plugs removed and a hairdryer on the lense, and then fitting the replacement bung it initially kept coming back for a few months but then suddenly seemed to clear itself and has been ok for the past 6 months.
Sorry to Hijack can you post a pic of said Vented plug. I imagine would be of use to a lot of folks as a replacement.

Cheers

Old 01-13-2014, 12:56 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by johnre14
Hi everyone,

I have been reading this forum with interest for a little while now. I have always loved the crossfire, and yesterday I became the proud and slightly overexcited owner of one!

Its a 2006 coupe in black, with 57k on the clock. Spent most of the day driving it around, despite the fact I should really be working! Early days but so far i absolutely love it!!

Will post some pics soon if anyone would like to see.

The only thing I have an issue with is that both headlamps have condensation on the inside. I have been reading that this is a known problem so want to get this sorted asap. I also would like to replace the stereo too... though took it to halfords today and they said they didn't want to touch it!

Anyway, thought I would introduce myself!

John

Big welcome John, congrates on your purchase :-)

I see you are in Hampshire, we have a Sunday lunch meet in Guildford on the 2nd Feb be good to meet you if you could make it :-)

Also come on over to Facebook and join in the banter at UK Crossfire Owners Group.

Old 01-13-2014, 01:38 PM

Hi all,

Thanks for the warm welcome!!

I drove to work in it today, and my colleagues came in all excited, saying it looks awesome! :-D
I phoned a chrysler dealer, and have ordered the kit they recommend to fix the headlight fogging problem.... including vented caps. Hopefully that will fix the problem!

I also booked it in to get the stereo replaced next weekend - the place I spoke to have done a few crossfires before so felt happy about that!

PS: I wasn't meant to be actually in work on sunday, just have lots of post grad certificate work to do, which clearly didn't happen!! Don't want people getting the wrong impression haha

Old 01-13-2014, 02:22 PM
pct

Originally Posted by Mr Kilmouski
Sorry to Hijack can you post a pic of said Vented plug. I imagine would be of use to a lot of folks as a replacement.

Cheers

Certainly, not the best of photo's but you can see in the second photo the bung has lips which open when squeezed, it seems to do the trick, not sure where you would find them as this was among some odds and ends in a parts bin at work but I'm sure they'll be available somewhere, they are a perfect fit over the stubs too.

Name:  2014-01-13190633.jpg
Views: 46
Size:  20.0 KB

Old 01-13-2014, 02:23 PM
pct

Name:  2014-01-13190715.jpg
Views: 40
Size:  37.0 KB

Old 01-13-2014, 03:36 PM
pct

I've just done some searching on google and it seems they are known as 'Duckbill Valves' there are several suppliers popping up so it shouldn't be too hard to get hold of some.