U.K. Serving all countries of the United Kingdom.

Opinions Please.

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2015, 07:19 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Opinions Please.

Hi All,

I sold my XF last year and bought a TTRS Replica Cabriolet. But ive never truly enjoyed the drive of it. Dont get me wrong, its a lovely looking car but the steering feels to light and I just missed the way the XF drives.

My dilemma is this. Im abit of an OCD freak with regards to age, milage etc so: Do I buy another xf with low miles on say on 07/57 plate and make it look like this:
Ive always loved the way this one looks and happy to spend the extra to make it look this way. Id also probably try and get a custom fit sat nav fitted as I feel that the XF has alittle missing from the interior aspect.

The other options are: The new shape Z4, New Shape SLK Amg, 370Z Roadster or coupe or even the RCZ? Obviously these will be younger and more expensive but I just dont know what to do.

I know that Id probably spend £6kish to find a good young low miles XF and another £3k - £4k with upgrades etc and i know I wouldnt get this back when selling later down the line but at the same time, Id be spending £15k on the others which will depreciate over the years.

Im just looking for opinions really and if anyone has had the cars im considering would be great to hear what you think.

Many Thanks

Tom

Old 06-10-2015, 10:28 PM
Received 35 Likes on 34 Posts
Default Re: Opinions Please.

I'd say drive them all and see what is the most comfortable. Sat/nav and infotainment is easy to add, I can link my smart phone to any of my cars.

After the Fieros I just fixated on the Crossfire so didn't look at that furrin stuff & after fixing the seating position to go a few inches further back is comfortable on a long trip.

Old 06-12-2015, 09:27 AM
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

The startech brand doesn't exist anymore for chrysler, jeep or dodge since they were sold by Mercedes to fiat as the startech brand was brabus the sports tuner for Mercedes.

Old 06-16-2015, 07:21 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had a Z4 before the Crossfire and if it hadnt got flooded Id still have it. Best drive of any car Ive had and never any problems.
They are however very common unlike the Crossfire.
If you have fun country roads to drive on then Id go with a Z4. If you prefer to blast down the motorway or have a car thats a little different to the norm then go with a Crossfire.