West Forum Serving AZ, CA, HI, NV.

TPMS tool in Los Angeles???

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2017, 07:17 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question TPMS tool in Los Angeles???

New to the forum. Thank you all for your dedication to the Crossfire.
Looking to reset the TPMS light on my 2005 Limited Roadster.
I am in Los Angeles, CA. Any recommendations? None of the Chrysler dealerships I have contacted have the proper tool.
Thanks again for your assistance!

Old 12-01-2017, 08:13 PM
Received 535 Likes on 452 Posts
Default Re: TPMS tool in Los Angeles???

Originally Posted by nxtceo
New to the forum. Thank you all for your dedication to the Crossfire.
Looking to reset the TPMS light on my 2005 Limited Roadster.
I am in Los Angeles, CA. Any recommendations? None of the Chrysler dealerships I have contacted have the proper tool.
Thanks again for your assistance!
Are these new or old sensors?

Old 12-01-2017, 08:22 PM

An old TPMS sensor was replaced with a new schrader 20028 at my local tire shop.

they could not reset the TPMS light. I could not find a local Chrysler dealer with the tool. I was even referred to a Mercedes dealer and they could not help either.

Is the drb iii the only device for resetting the TPMS light?

thank you 180 for your reply and help.
I searched threads on the forum and you have given valuable information on this and other topics.

Old 01-04-2018, 12:48 PM

I had the same problem with My 2007 Crossfire . The local tire shop could not reset the TPMS light afer replacing it . My part # on the sensor was 52088990AC molded into the sensor . I went to the local dealer and they could not reset but told Me to come back in a day or two as they had to upgrade their software in the machine they were using , I don't know what the machine was . But when I returned they were able to reprogram the sensor ok . Now I found in the drive side dood jam a tag that says My Crossfire was built in Germany !!! I was told the sensors I have are differnt than the American Crossfires have .
Hope this helps . I would say You have to find a Chrysler dealer to reset the TPMS light .

Old 01-04-2018, 12:51 PM
Received 153 Likes on 141 Posts

ALL Crossfires were built by Karmann in Osnabrück Germany

Old 01-04-2018, 04:00 PM
Received 27 Likes on 21 Posts
Talking Re: TPMS tool in Los Angeles???

I threw the sensors and light and run regular stems with AIR and do just fine. Even have the tattle tale sensors on the wheel stems that change color with pressure on all my vehicles.

Had 3 . . . three rot out due to weather and road chemicals, no more. The sensors are limited life and expensive when you have 16 of them! I do my own work and dont miss them a bit if you have issues with pressure you need to fix the wheel or replace the tire.

Enjoy, Woody

Ps Rudy has the info on how to clear the indicator so you dont get it lit on dash..

Old 01-04-2018, 05:25 PM
Received 535 Likes on 452 Posts

Originally Posted by tpellegr
I had the same problem with My 2007 Crossfire . The local tire shop could not reset the TPMS light afer replacing it . My part # on the sensor was 52088990AC molded into the sensor . I went to the local dealer and they could not reset but told Me to come back in a day or two as they had to upgrade their software in the machine they were using , I don't know what the machine was . But when I returned they were able to reprogram the sensor ok . Now I found in the drive side dood jam a tag that says My Crossfire was built in Germany !!! I was told the sensors I have are differnt than the American Crossfires have .
Hope this helps . I would say You have to find a Chrysler dealer to reset the TPMS light .
The sensor you had was found on the 2005 year models generally but they fit and may have been changed at some time, who knows. Is that the same part number that they put back in. Dealers often do not know the truth from fiction so you cannot go by what they said anyway. They could have been lying to you because they did not know what they were doing and possibly they used a new part number anyway. As has been pointed out, all the Crossfire’s were made in Germany.

Last edited by onehundred80; 01-04-2018 at 05:27 PM.
Old 07-21-2018, 10:33 AM

Update: I was able to get my Crossfire serviced at Premier Chrysler in Orange County, CA. They recently moved from Placentia to Buena Park. No more TPMS light.

Old 08-10-2018, 08:19 AM

I took a small piece of black electrical tape and covered the TPMS light on my panel. Problem solved.