Wheels, Brakes, Tires and Suspension Open discussion for tires/rims/lowering springs/brakes etc...

Squeak from driver's side rear suspension when it rains

Old 07-05-2006, 11:00 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Squeak from driver's side rear suspension when it rains

Like the title says, I just bought a 04' Crossfire and noticed that when it rains, the driver side rear suspension components squeak when I hit a bump/get in and out of the car/push down on the *** end of the car. Has anyone else experienced this?

Old 07-06-2006, 03:54 PM
Default Re: Squeak from driver's side rear suspension when it rains

I have experienced the same thing on my '05. I have never looked into it though.

Old 07-06-2006, 11:46 PM

I will be getting it checked out seeing as I now have to bring the car in due to a Check Engine light.

What a wonderful first week this has been with my Crossfire. Already the Check Engine light has come on, the suspension is creaking loudly, and the CD player skips and fails to read the disk if it gets too hot.

Just wonderful.

Old 07-27-2006, 09:46 AM

I have experienced the same problem twice. Last october it was on the passenger side, They changed a bushing to fix the problem, they told me. I have to get to my dealer next week for the driver side this time, again for a bushing.

Something funny about this. I wanted to have the problem repaired at the same time I was doing the oil change but the dealer did not have the part in stock. I was talking to the technician while waiting and I told him it was the second time I brought the car in for the problem and ask if this is a common problem.

He said no and probably it is because: "YOU USE THE CAR IN THE WINTER".

I did not know that Crossfire was just for summer driving.

Old 07-27-2006, 11:20 AM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Cool Re: Squeak from driver's side rear suspension when it rains

Originally Posted by Blade
I will be getting it checked out seeing as I now have to bring the car in due to a Check Engine light.

What a wonderful first week this has been with my Crossfire. Already the Check Engine light has come on, the suspension is creaking loudly, and the CD player skips and fails to read the disk if it gets too hot.

Just wonderful.
As far as the radio goes...there is a TSB/recall for some of the later model radios. Mine has been replaced twice under warranty, and have not experienced anymore problems.

Old 03-26-2009, 01:36 AM

Originally Posted by Centaurv
I have experienced the same problem twice. Last october it was on the passenger side, They changed a bushing to fix the problem, they told me. I have to get to my dealer next week for the driver side this time, again for a bushing.

Something funny about this. I wanted to have the problem repaired at the same time I was doing the oil change but the dealer did not have the part in stock. I was talking to the technician while waiting and I told him it was the second time I brought the car in for the problem and ask if this is a common problem.

He said no and probably it is because: "YOU USE THE CAR IN THE WINTER".

I did not know that Crossfire was just for summer driving.
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE.... can you can tell us which bushing was replaced, as a few of us are having this problem and do not know how to rectify it...

Thank you in advance...