Wheels, Brakes, Tires and Suspension Open discussion for tires/rims/lowering springs/brakes etc...

Rotex/Brembo/Koni/Exedy Parts

Old 04-10-2008, 01:40 PM
Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Rotex/Brembo/Koni/Exedy Parts

This will be a lengthy post, but hang with me....

Last weekend at the Dragon run, Pat (Imafink2) gave me some info on an importer in Winston-Salem NC. That being my home town and where I was headed next, I decided to look them up and pay a visit. The importer is AAA Imports, Inc. and they are a "brand" importer more than a "parts" importer. They stock Brembo, Denso, Exedy, Sachs, Rotex, Koni (just to name a few). They were the sole importer of Rotex pads for both buybrakes.com and brakeworld.com until they each decided to go with a Chinese distributor (this explains why they are always on backorder or it takes forever to get them). Of course, AAA cannot meet the Chinese price, but I actually went to their well-stocked warehouse to meet them in person and they are an excellent group of folks to talk to.

Additional info........they were just notified that there is going to be a 70% increase in the cost of the steel backing plates used for brake pads. This is supposed to happen rather soon and needless to say, will increase costs considerably. Guess the economy is failing at all levels and on all products. Anyway.....

Their price for Rotex Gold pads are as follows: N/A Crossfire - D9740D Front @ 49.00 - D9779D Rear @ 45.25........SRT6 - D9682D Front @ 88.33 - D9603D Rear @31.14. This price does not include tax nor shipping. And they weren't sure when the price increase was going to take effect.

Okay.......catch number 1: they do not accept credit cards so certified checks, money orders, or other arrangements will have to made with them prior to shipment.

Almost catch number 2: they are a distributor and do not sell over a counter........but, after some conversation, they agreed to ship to us individually upon receipt of payment, with same day shipping until 4PM.

As the title says, they carry Brembo Rotors, Denso, Exedy Racing Clutches & Pressure Plates, Sachs Clutch Kits, Rotex Brake Pads, Koni Suspension, fuel injectors, oxygen sensors, etc. etc. You may want to check with these guys first for any of the above items, and any other sensors/parts you may need.

Company info is as follows and if it helps a few of us out, then it was worth the trip for me:

AAA Imports Inc.
300 S Spring St
Winston-Salem NC 27101
Phone: 800-476-6589 or 336-723-2891
Fax: 336-723-8793
Web: http://www.aaa-imports.com/

Last edited by danimal; 04-10-2008 at 02:00 PM.
Old 04-10-2008, 01:46 PM
Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts
Default Re: Rotex/Brembo/Koni/Exedy Parts

Danimal, are they in your backyard? If so, would you be interested in being the go-to guy...just a thought, not pushing you into anything...Doc

Old 04-10-2008, 01:52 PM

They are not.....as I now live in FL. I do make 2-3 trips up there a year and that was my initial thought process in that I could pick up the items and ship them out myself......but, since they agreed to ship to us individually it sort of removed that problem. The only real drawback is them not taking credit cards.

If I am making the trip, and can help anyone out, I will be glad to do so.

Old 04-10-2008, 02:05 PM
Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

Sry Danimal, I guess I should look closer and I would have realized you were in FL...I will try to call them...I am looking for drilled rotors, and shoes to make her brake better...thanks for the update...Doc

Old 04-15-2008, 06:37 PM
Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Dan, I'm glad that the info I gave you panned out for the better. Thanks for your time and effort to talk to these guys in person, sounds like some good deals ahead.

Old 04-16-2008, 04:11 AM
Forum Regular
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Do they sell on eBay? I think this is where my rotex came from...some suggested that they are not authentic rotex...several threads on it....my Rotex rears came in a rotex box...my rotex fronts came in a generic box and neither look as "gold" as others who have posted pics (both bought off of eBay from AAA something).

Old 04-16-2008, 07:05 AM

Originally Posted by bflinn
Do they sell on eBay? I think this is where my rotex came from...some suggested that they are not authentic rotex...several threads on it....my Rotex rears came in a rotex box...my rotex fronts came in a generic box and neither look as "gold" as others who have posted pics (both bought off of eBay from AAA something).
No they do not. They are an import/distributor business. I would assume that those on ebay and from brakeworld and buybrakes are all coming from the Chinese factory. It is my understanding that Rotex has contracted several manufacturing plants, but of course, the cheapest is out of China. They are not really 'knock offs' per se, but obviously, nearly everything out of China these days has quality issues.

After talking to these guys, and seeing their warehouse, I'm confident you will get only top quality stuff. They stated that their parts would not come from China.

Old 04-16-2008, 04:07 PM
Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

My Rotex Gold brake pads came from Brakeworld when Brakeworld still bought from AAA Imports and I have had no problems with mine. I know this because when I recieved the brakes AAA Imports was stamped on the box.

Old 04-18-2008, 08:38 AM
Forum Regular

I contacted AAA Imports yesterday - they do not have the N/A Rotex Gold in stock.

Old 06-17-2008, 11:53 AM

My first post. Thank you for a great forum.

Brand new 07, Machine Gray, Coupe - (with brake dust with-in 1st week ). Still love the car .

Back to the subject at hand, just got off the phone to AAA Imports - 07 G/Rotex brake pads not yet listed and won't be available for 90-120 days!? Really wanted to change out the brake pads before the rotors started to wear.

Any one hearing any different?

Thanks again for a magnificent forum.

Grant

Old 06-17-2008, 12:31 PM
TVT_DESIGN

We have them in stock. We get them from AAA Importers actually. I think we bought their whole stock as they just got a new shipment in about last week and that was to fulfill our order.

Anyway: http://www.tvtdesign.com/inc/sdetail/478

Fronts

Old 06-17-2008, 01:08 PM
Forum Regular

Just received an email from Jay at AAA Imports...
Crossfire (except SRT6) 2004/08: D9740D Front @ $49.00
D9779D Rear @ $45.25
SRT6 Pads (2005/06) : D9682D Front @ $88.33
D9603D Rear @ $31.14

Priced per car set. (1 does two calipers). Devalutation of the dollars and a constant increase in the cost of steel and transportation have already cause our cost to increase and in early July we will be forced to increase our selling price.