Wheels, Brakes, Tires and Suspension Open discussion for tires/rims/lowering springs/brakes etc...

Yokohama ADVAN S4's

Old 08-13-2009, 10:34 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Yokohama ADVAN S4's

I've been thinking about these tires for the XF. I still have the original Connies on it. I haven't got a good feel for a better/best replacement. The car is a daily driver for me here in North Eastern Alabama, not to many worries about snow down here. I have been reading a good number of reviews about this tire............problem is not a single car that reviewed the tires is a Crossfire.

Tire Rack can put all 4 on the car for just under a grand. Before I spend a grand on tires I'd like to know if there's anyone out there running the Yakohama ADVAN S-4's on their car...

Appreciate any info ...thanks in advance.

Old 08-13-2009, 11:17 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Yokohama ADVAN S4's

i read theyre great, but when i was looking for tires (6 months ago?) no one could get them for me...

Old 08-13-2009, 11:35 AM

Tire Rack - Your performance experts for tires and wheels ...you can get them there. Front and back comes up to $919.37 with delivery in my local area. Sure NYC will be higher..(isn't everything there...JJK) But that's where I found them just wish I could get some review from a Crossfire user....know what I mean

Old 08-13-2009, 05:35 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by gfalcone
Tire Rack - Your performance experts for tires and wheels ...you can get them there. Front and back comes up to $919.37 with delivery in my local area. Sure NYC will be higher..(isn't everything there...JJK) But that's where I found them just wish I could get some review from a Crossfire user....know what I mean
My brother had them on a grand prix GTP and he hated them. Doesn't really mean much I guess.. just pointing it out..

Also, did you try local tire places? A lot of times they will beat / match prices. It's worth it IMO, rather then get stuff online you get them locally anda ny problems you can go straight there to take care of it.

Old 08-13-2009, 05:53 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by gfalcone
I had them on my SRT-6 and loved them. They were very quiet, smooth and handled well. They were not the best for an occasional drag strip run due to limited "all out" performance but were a great overall tire.

Steve

Old 08-14-2009, 10:38 AM

I guess I'll find out !! Ordered them today...be here mid week. All the reviews I've read were pretty positive it was just that not a single review was a Crossfire owner. Having a SRT QUALIFIES !!! I have the base unit Roadster and LOVING IT !

They should be on the car by the end of next week....give me a week or two to sort them out..see what's what with them. I drive 100+ miles per day so once they break in we'll see how they do.

I have just over 100 miles......and I'll have 60,000 on the car. Never an issue with it yet other then routine maintenance's.

Old 08-19-2009, 03:08 PM

OK... on the car today !! just got home. 225/40R18 on the front..255/35R19 on the back ... Yoko'ies ADVAN S4's all the way around.

Give we a week or so to break them in...I opted for "standard air"... I drive 100 miles per day round trip so won't take long to see some results.....

Stay tuned !!!!!!!!!

Old 08-20-2009, 11:41 AM

OK...day one down...104 miles.. First thing that struck me was the ride. 30-35% more smoother. Bare in mind I had Connies' on since day one...this is the first FLIP FLOP to a different tire. But a noticeable difference

The tires are new still. Figure it will take a couple of time of heat up..cool down..heat up..cool down.. Came home for a short stretch of divided Highway for about 1 mile maybe 1.3 mile at approx 95-100 MPH...smooth!

Burning them in !! We'll see....still a bit reserved time will tell

PS. darn tires are looking GREAT !!

Old 09-15-2009, 10:02 AM

Ok I've got about 450 miles on them now and still running smooth with a much better ride then the Connie's that came off !!

Road noise is minimum, I've been out in the rain (wet road) condition and purposely tried to loose traction (without causing a wreck) and the tier never broke tracks on what I would consider NORMAL wet pavement. I've been up to 110 speed for 2.4 miles, no problem.

From what I understand from the folks that mounted these is that the Yakohama ADVAN S4's are a pretty new to the market...that shocked me.

So far I can't complain. The tires are holding up well. The only time I've been able to broke traction with them was in some pretty heavy rains. Road run off that was rolling down a pretty good incline. I two spots where I hydro'ed a bit but never really lost control over the car just back down on the gas and regained control.

The car is a DD and I'll rack up some pretty hefty mileage pretty quick over the fall and winter season..but right now I have absolutely no complaints with the tire. I'm well pleased with this all season tire from Yokohama.

Last edited by gfalcone; 09-15-2009 at 10:05 AM.