Wheels, Brakes, Tires and Suspension Open discussion for tires/rims/lowering springs/brakes etc...

Powder Coat Stock Wheels?

Old 01-05-2011, 05:24 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Powder Coat Stock Wheels?

I am getting new tires (Man the last ones rubbed fast!) and considering having my stock wheels sand blasted and powder coated to match the drk gray metallic paint of the car. Anyone tried this? any pics?

Old 01-06-2011, 01:50 PM
Default Re: Powder Coat Stock Wheels? Curtains match the carpet?

I was just given an offer to get Mandrus wheels that I can refuse.

That being said, is anyone be interested in purchasing my stock wheels after I have them powder coated? I can have them finished in a color of your choice or match your paint (seems to be popular these days). I am thinking $800 + shipping. $400 is what it will cost to blast and powder coat so really I am looking for $400 for the core wheels.

Let me know!

Old 01-06-2011, 02:22 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: Powder Coat Stock Wheels?

IMO, when PCing a dark grey it makes the wheels eternally look covered in brake dust, unless it is a high end metallic PC....

Old 01-06-2011, 03:59 PM

Thanks for the heads up. It's funny you bring up brake dust. It was seeing my front wheels covered in break dust in such a uniform way that I got a feel of what it would look like if I matched it.

Old 01-06-2011, 09:01 PM

I had my wheels on my SRT4 done in Dark Graphite Matallic and it looked great. Didnt look like brake dust at all.

That being said, i too am planning on getting my stock wheels PCed black within the next couple months. Just havent decided if im going to do 2 colors or all black.

Old 01-07-2011, 10:29 AM

Good to know it turned out nicely. I may end up keeping the set after Pc'ing and use them in the winter. Thanks for the feedback.

Old 01-07-2011, 10:59 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

We had my wife's rims done in gun metal with all trim to follow.

IMG_20100925_120211.jpg

IMG_20100925_120113.jpg

Old 01-07-2011, 11:04 AM

Originally Posted by acrispy1
We had my wife's rims done in gun metal with all trim to follow.

Attachment 20340

Attachment 20341
Crispy, I think Carmella's SRT wheels look awesome! I was speaking more of the 7 spoke NA wheels, when done in plain grey PC look brake dusty, IMHO

Old 01-19-2011, 05:07 PM

Chrome Milleniums mounted and look good. 285/35/19 in the rear.... no prob with the fit. Dropped off the stocks for sand and powder. pics to follow when the fog melts off, if it ever melts off.

Old 01-20-2011, 10:46 PM

heres the pic of the milleniums, will post the powder coat version when I get them back.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg
IMG_2206.jpg (958.9 KB, 125 views)
Old 01-21-2011, 07:51 PM
Forum Regular
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm also going to do wheels and rest of trim in gunmetal.

Old 02-23-2011, 10:43 PM

Powder coated dark grey metallic complete. Looks pretty cool unmounted so far, though not in a hurry since I just bought the milleniums with new rubber. I'd consider letting these or the milleniums go if someone were interested.....I don't really need two sets of wheels.

Attached Images
Powdered mags.jpg (955.9 KB, 111 views)
Old 02-24-2011, 02:40 AM

What's the size on the Milleniums and how much you asking? I am toying with the idea of powder coating them for Snow White.

Attached Images
IMG_0985.JPG (423.4 KB, 36 views)
Old 02-24-2011, 08:14 AM

Originally Posted by gunsofthenavarrone
Powder coated dark grey metallic complete. Looks pretty cool unmounted so far, though not in a hurry since I just bought the milleniums with new rubber. I'd consider letting these or the milleniums go if someone were interested.....I don't really need two sets of wheels.
Is it just the light making them look a little 'off'? The coating seems a little uneven or something, but with the metallic finish, I am sure it is just the picture....

Old 02-24-2011, 01:18 PM

Originally Posted by BoilerUpXFire
Is it just the light making them look a little 'off'? The coating seems a little uneven or something, but with the metallic finish, I am sure it is just the picture....

thankfully yes...lighting, my camera, and the way the sparkles reflect the flash of the camera I imagine.

Old 02-24-2011, 01:27 PM

Originally Posted by FTroopChief
What's the size on the Milleniums and how much you asking? I am toying with the idea of powder coating them for Snow White.

Size: 18" and 19" 235 in front, 285 in rear, no spacers or rubbing to deal with.

I am into the Wheels and tires for $2100. So in that range. The tires (Hankook Ventus v12) would need to go with them as I can't mount the rear on the stocks (two wide).

I'd let the stocks go for $800 - Paid $350 to blast and coat.

Old 02-24-2011, 01:31 PM

Are you toying with powder coating the stocks or the milleniums? if the milleniums, it wouldnt make budget sense to buy my chromes.

Old 02-24-2011, 02:40 PM

thankfully yes...lighting, my camera, and the way the sparkles reflect the flash of the camera I imagine.
Good to hear, now that I have the graphite, I have thought about this, but unless you do it right (like you did) and do a metallic high end finish, they just look like they have brake dust on them.

I will be looking forward to seeing some pics of them on the car.....

Old 02-24-2011, 10:57 PM

Are you toying with powder coating the stocks or the milleniums? if the milleniums, it wouldnt make budget sense to buy my chromes.
I have a set of Milleniums I put on 2 1/2 years ago, they are not the chrome but the non-reflective silver finish. I have some minor curb rash that I want to cover and that will be the last to white out my NA. I now have my SRT6 wheels on the NA and my Milleniums on my SRT6. The rear milleniums are 9.5 wide and give a much better foot print with 275 x 30 x 19. I want to go to 285 x 30 x 19 so I don't need any tires. The chromes would then go on my Aero Blue SRT6. I know what I paid for mine new, so I don't want to pay new wheel price for yours. Let me know if you come up with a reasonable price for your used Milleniums. If push comes to shove, I will pwdercoat my SRT wheels, but they don't have the same deep lip as the Milleniums.

John P
FTroopChief

Attached Images
IMG_0666.JPG (610.9 KB, 31 views)
IMG_0068.JPG (549.7 KB, 26 views)

Last edited by FTroopChief; 02-24-2011 at 11:03 PM.
Old 02-25-2011, 09:39 AM

I have a set of Milleniums I put on 2 1/2 years ago, they are not the chrome but the non-reflective silver finish. I have some minor curb rash that I want to cover and that will be the last to white out my NA. I now have my SRT6 wheels on the NA and my Milleniums on my SRT6. The rear milleniums are 9.5 wide and give a much better foot print with 275 x 30 x 19. I want to go to 285 x 30 x 19 so I don't need any tires. The chromes would then go on my Aero Blue SRT6. I know what I paid for mine new, so I don't want to pay new wheel price for yours. Let me know if you come up with a reasonable price for your used Milleniums. If push comes to shove, I will pwdercoat my SRT wheels, but they don't have the same deep lip as the Milleniums.

John P
FTroopChief
I guess you are right, technically 6 weeks old is still used $1300 for the chromes seemed to be a good deal....most places I found online were $1700 and up for the chromes. I have 285 35 19 in the rear, choosing for a little more wheel protection and slight comfort increase. Hope you find the right price!
Cheers -

Quick Reply: Powder Coat Stock Wheels?