Wheels, Brakes, Tires and Suspension Open discussion for tires/rims/lowering springs/brakes etc...

need help finding new wheels!

Old 10-28-2011, 03:33 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need help finding new wheels!

Try to avoid accident the other day and scratched my front wheel on a curb. I was wondering if anyone had a front srt wheel they would well. Of not I've been looking for new wheels. I have a machine gray srt6 and like the look of the bbs type wheels. I'm looking for some a bit cheaper and an idea of what color would be best with the car. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated! Pictures welcome!

Old 11-21-2011, 11:34 AM
Default Re: need help finding new wheels!

Anybody have any ideas?

Old 11-21-2011, 11:57 AM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I recently made a huge cosmetic change to my '05 Limited Roadster, dumping all the silver trim (still need to do the roll hoops) and silver wheels for matte black. The wheels are TSW Doningtons in 18 x 8.5 front and 19 x 9.5 rear with the stock Continental tires.

I like several of the TSW wheels currently available; I almost went with the Mallory's (TSW Alloy Wheels - the Mallory 5 in Silver with a Mirror Cut Face and Matte Black | www.TSW.com) but I also like the Mugello (http://tsw.com/alloy_wheels_mugello.php), Croft (Alloy Wheels by TSW - the Croft in gunmetal| www.TSW.com) and Nurburgring (TSW Alloy Wheels | The Nurburgring in gunmetal and matte bronze| www.TSW.com) styles. All of these are full face wheels rather than deep lip style, which I think looks better on the Crossfire due to that flat flange like area around the wheel openings.

Since your car is Machine Gray (a great color, by the way) I think that any of the silver wheels with the black or gunmetal inner trim would look great. You'd be keeping with the silver trim theme but with a more open wheel design. I think black would look great with Machine Gray too, but I don't really like black wheels with all of that other exterior silver trim on our cars. Which is why I changed all of mine to a matte black to match my wheels.

Old 11-21-2011, 12:50 PM

Wow that is one bad *** crossfire!

Old 11-21-2011, 12:56 PM
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

These would look good on your car....... see sig... they are gun metal gray with machined surfaces..

Old 11-21-2011, 12:59 PM

Originally Posted by MikeR
These would look good on your car....... see sig... they are gun metal gray with machined surfaces..
I do like those. Are they tsw also?

Old 11-21-2011, 01:12 PM

Can anyone tell me if the tsw snetterton wheels would work. I know a lot of people run the 8.5 up front but all they have is 8. I was just on the site and fell in love with them.

Old 11-21-2011, 04:03 PM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by srt666
Wow that is one bad *** crossfire!
Thanks!

So you like the Snettertons, huh? Wonder if they'll work on a Crossfire?

Wonder no more:

https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...n-hankook.html

Whatever you do, and I'm serious about this, get 'em in Hyper Silver and NOT chrome. Don't go all crazy-mid-life-crisis-Corvette-owner-chrome on a Crossfire! I will be seriously upset if you do. (Yes, I have a personal aversion to chrome on these cars. Sue me.)

Oh, and I misspoke (mistyped?) earlier - my front wheels are 18 x 8, not 8.5. Sorry 'bout that.

Old 11-21-2011, 04:21 PM

Originally Posted by Mike-in-Orange
Thanks!

So you like the Snettertons, huh? Wonder if they'll work on a Crossfire?

Wonder no more:

https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...n-hankook.html

Whatever you do, and I'm serious about this, get 'em in Hyper Silver and NOT chrome. Don't go all crazy-mid-life-crisis-Corvette-owner-chrome on a Crossfire! I will be seriously upset if you do. (Yes, I have a personal aversion to chrome on these cars. Sue me.)

Oh, and I misspoke (mistyped?) earlier - my front wheels are 18 x 8, not 8.5. Sorry 'bout that.
Don't worry. Silver it is! With the chrome lip. They look fantastic. already called a local shop and got the shop price and everything. Thank you for your help! I love this website!