CrossfireForum - The Chrysler Crossfire and SRT6 Resource

CrossfireForum - The Chrysler Crossfire and SRT6 Resource (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/)
-   Wheels, Brakes, Tires and Suspension (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/wheels-brakes-tires-suspension/)
-   -   N/A to SRT6 brake conversion (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/wheels-brakes-tires-suspension/55085-n-srt6-brake-conversion.html)

turbomar 03-14-2012 03:49 PM

N/A to SRT6 brake conversion

Will the srt6 rotors/calipers fit(clearance wise) using the N/A wheels? Are the caliper brackets straight bolt on?

MrMoPar 03-14-2012 05:32 PM

Re: N/A to SRT6 brake conversion

Originally Posted by turbomar
Will the srt6 rotors/calipers fit(clearance wise) using the N/A wheels? Are the caliper brackets straight bolt on?

Fits either wheel. To convert you need all four calipers, rotors, pads, front dust shields and caliper brackets. I always include the SRT6 lines and bolting hardware when I sell a conversion package although I suspect lines and hardware are the same.

32krazy! 03-14-2012 06:55 PM

Originally Posted by MrMoPar
Fits either wheel. To convert you need all four calipers, rotors, pads, front dust shields and caliper brackets. I always include the SRT6 lines and bolting hardware when I sell a conversion package although I suspect lines and hardware are the same.

no need for the dust shield hardware, brackets or pads. the n/a caliper is almost identical to the srt-6 calipers . the rotors for the n/a are smaller thats about it

SRT6_Roadster 03-14-2012 07:41 PM

I will have a set of used stock SRT-6 Calipers for sale shortly if you are interested.

32krazy! 03-14-2012 07:43 PM

Originally Posted by SRT6_Roadster
I will have a set of used stock SRT-6 Calipers for sale shortly if you are interested.

whatever his price is ill do 1$ cheaper!!:)

caddymike85 03-15-2012 08:37 AM

Since there are two people offering up the calipers I'll somewhat hijack this thread. 32 and SRT I'm interested in a set of calipers if the price is right. When you're ready to sell please send me a PM with how much you want. (Sell to Turbomar first though since this is his thread) Thanks!

JHM2K 03-15-2012 10:27 AM

I think SRT brakes will eventually be cheaper than tabloids.

I, too, will be upgrading brakes and will have front and rear SRT calipers for sale. Rotors are toast so I won't even waste your time there.

Should be available in a couple of weeks... should.

MikeR 03-15-2012 02:20 PM

and I have a set of REAR SRT calipers, DiskItalia KT pads and DiskItalia slotted rotors with maybe 5K miles on them.....they need a good home...:D

turbomar 03-15-2012 03:38 PM

In review, The flex lines are the same, correct? I will need the calipers and respective brackets(mounts), correct?

Thanks for the great input guys! Please feel free to PM me with your price quotes... Turbomar

SRT6_Roadster 03-15-2012 06:30 PM

Steve (32's) are available now so if you are in a hurry go with him. I am probably at least a couple of weeks off before I will have the brakes swapped.

32krazy! 03-15-2012 07:22 PM

Steve (32's) are available now so if you are in a hurry go with him. I am probably at least a couple of weeks off before I will have the brakes swapped.

i was just messin with ya jeremy! (ala the catalytic convertor thred:D )

Thirteendog 03-15-2012 07:31 PM

Originally Posted by JHM2K
I think SRT brakes will eventually be cheaper than tabloids.

I, too, will be upgrading brakes and will have front and rear SRT calipers for sale. Rotors are toast so I won't even waste your time there.

Should be available in a couple of weeks... should.

Jeez are you getting brakes like mine too?

JHM2K 03-15-2012 09:30 PM

Originally Posted by Thirteendog
Jeez are you getting brakes like mine too?

Carbon Ceramics from the SLS. Booyah!!!!

+fireamx 03-15-2012 09:50 PM

Originally Posted by turbomar

Just curious as to why you want to change to the bigger brakes. Do you plan on running your car on a road course?
The only reason I ask is because according to old Road & Track magazine road tests, the Limited stopped in a shorter distance than the SRT they tested. It may have just been the tires, but the Limited stopped 3' shorter.

turbomar 03-16-2012 02:37 PM

I dont plan on racing. Bigger brakes with slotted rotors and s/s brake lines makes the car look sharp, is all.

SRT6_Roadster 03-16-2012 07:23 PM

Originally Posted by 32krazy!
i was just messin with ya jeremy! (ala the catalytic convertor thred:D )

I know you were. What would be the fun around here if we did not f' with each other. I just wanted to make it clear that I was not ready to sell them yet so if anyone is in a hurry they should purchase from you.

Not to derail the thread but speaking of brakes what are you running in the rears? I am going with the C32 setup in front - calipers & racing brake rotors but your rears made me feel like I can't simply replace the stock setup. If I can't lead the pack on something I need to at least follow Steve :)

MikeR 03-16-2012 07:27 PM

....... I need to at least follow Steve :)

that line is growing......:rolleyes:

reiji 05-01-2012 02:24 PM

I may be interested in buying a full set of SRT calipers and the hardware needed. If anyone has some PM me to let me know how much you want for them.

kamilspider 12-09-2016 04:44 AM

Anyone have for sell front brakes setup to SRT? I want convert my N/A to SRT version.

UrbanE 12-21-2019 10:01 AM

Have you checked EBay?