CrossfireForum - The Chrysler Crossfire and SRT6 Resource

CrossfireForum - The Chrysler Crossfire and SRT6 Resource (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/)
-   Wheels, Brakes, Tires and Suspension (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/wheels-brakes-tires-suspension/)
-   -   can lower offset cause vibration (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/wheels-brakes-tires-suspension/55219-can-lower-offset-cause-vibration.html)

roadstermiketx 03-21-2012 02:45 PM

can lower offset cause vibration

I recently put new rims on my roadster and the offset was a little lower on the rear, can this cause vibration? I have been feeling a lot of vibration at higher speeds...thanks guys!

freakingfastsrt6 03-23-2012 12:46 PM

Re: can lower offset cause vibration

Originally Posted by roadstermiketx
I recently put new rims on my roadster and the offset was a little lower on the rear, can this cause vibration? I have been feeling a lot of vibration at higher speeds...thanks guys!

Incorrect balancing...Or tires= bad tire wear, or tires overall, And did you buy the wheels new or used? Maybe a slight bend in the wheel. Offset would not cause a vibration in the rear. If they were upfront that could be the case, but not from the rear.
goodluck

freakingfastsrt6 03-23-2012 12:46 PM

Originally Posted by roadstermiketx

Incorrect balancing...Or tires= bad tire wear, or tires overall, And did you buy the wheels new or used? Maybe a slight bend in the wheel. Offset would not cause a vibration in the rear. If they were upfront that could be the case, but not from the rear.
goodluck

32krazy! 03-23-2012 08:25 PM

are the wheels hubcentric? if not theres your vibration

roadstermiketx 03-23-2012 11:30 PM

how would I find that information out? I have no idea if they are or not and can that problem be fixed if they aren't?

roadstermiketx 03-23-2012 11:33 PM

and FREAKINGFASTSRT I've had the tires rebalanced just in case and they told me they're fine...new tires overall and the rims are brand new only had for a month...

32krazy! 03-24-2012 07:05 AM

ask the shop you bought them from or pull the wheel and look. there should be a lip on the backside that rests on the lip on the hub. what model wheels? whats the hub bore? were hubcentric rings included in the buy?

GraphiteGhost 03-24-2012 07:46 AM

:confused: One thing that I would look at, are the lug bolts matched to the rims? My OEM require ball seat bolts, many aftermarket rims use tapered seat bolts. This may cause a wobble. :confused: